Sign in to follow this  
thebigeb2589

Revel ships for Legion terrain

4 hours ago, Timathius said:

I got this X wing and it’s right on point

Star Wars Poe Dameron and X-Wing Fighter Set - Star Wars: The Last Jedi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MCTJT5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ukvZAbKHRMZ90

but it’s a T70 but doesn’t really matter when it’s all cut up.

The back centre of that X-wing does not look like it does in the films. It looks like a squid has latched onto it. But I guess you're right if you're just going to bust it up.

Hello. Just registered to give you guys some neat info.

I bought the Resistance A-Wing (which doesnt look much different from the regular A-Wing) from Revell and the scale fits Star Wars Legion perfectly. Also it was available in two color schemes.

https://www.revell.com/model-kits/entertainment/85-1639.html#.Ws22Ny5uZaQ

The little Pilot in the set can be held against the regular sized SWL models, like Troopers or Luke, and you can see it's just the same size. The Scale for the A-Wing is 1/44. Unfortunately it's the only one with that scale, but other models come close to that.

The U-Wing is not big enough, but the Tie and the X-Wing. Revel has an AT-AT with a nearly good scale and a millennium falcon with wrong scale but very big and nice as terrain.

With the suppose that a stormie has in real a height like 1.8m and the miniature is 34mm the scale is nearly 1:53.

I don't now the paintjob for the Tie but the X-Wing is very ugly and must be repainted.

ATAT.thumb.jpg.bc6cc257cf1cca8f71068145b50b17a6.jpg

Edited by TobiWan

12 hours ago, Crawfskeezen said:

The back centre of that X-wing does not look like it does in the films. It looks like a squid has latched onto it. But I guess you're right if you're just going to bust it up.

The back has be altered by Revel with that wheel. It can be turned to spread out the x-foils.

9 hours ago, Sephlar said:

The back has be altered by Revel with that wheel. It can be turned to spread out the x-foils.

Huh, a cool little mechanic. Not sure if I'd prefer that over the normal aft. But if one's just going to cut it up...

18 hours ago, TobiWan said:

With the suppose that a stormie has in real a height like 1.8m and the miniature is 34mm the scale is nearly 1:53.

Hnng. No, sorry, you're a fair bit off there. Rebel Troopers are ~37mm tall, Stormtroopers are ~40mm(also, I prefer using the Rebel as a 1.8m "scale human" since both are, conceptually, "normal average individual", while ST's are supposed to be the big tall tough military blokes, but I concede the official number for ST height and use a range with the aim of getting models that are close to the middle). Accordingly, the game's "model scale" is between 1:48.5 and 1:47.5, so "about 1:48" seems the best estimate.

That said, model scales are all over the joint and shouldn't be relied upon if you want to get the closest possible size - the RZ-2 Resistance A-Wing Bakga mentions has a cockpit that's just about the right scale, but the size of the model is huuuuuuuge at ~210mm long even relative to its attributed 1:44 scale(where it "should" be ~174.5mm) and nowhere near Legion scale(160mm). Meanwhile as I posted in the other thread, a supposedly-1:65 Revell TIE/ln kit is as close to "correct" as we're likely to find. Now for smashing stuff up for terrain it's not a big deal, with some judicious chopping, battle damage, and earth/debris/plants covering parts of it the RZ-2 would look great but it's not even in the same ballpark as an "accurate" GCW-era RZ-1 A-Wing would be(at around 145mm) if you stick it down whole next to a figure.

Now all of that only matters if you're a poor obsessive git like me, but for any other similar folk out there the best way is to get measurements of the actual model and run the conversion of "in-universe" size to Legion size yourself to check how close the two are.

4 hours ago, Yodhrin said:

Hnng. No, sorry, you're a fair bit off there. Rebel Troopers are ~37mm tall, Stormtroopers are ~40mm...

With or without base? Because 40mm seems a little bit to big (without measuring, only personal assumption) for the baseless miniature.

(also, I prefer using the Rebel as a 1.8m "scale human" since both are, conceptually, "normal average individual"

Not every human is Scandinavian or Canadian. :lol:

The world wide average is near 1,70m I think.

1 hour ago, TobiWan said:

With or without base? Because 40mm seems a little bit to big (without measuring, only personal assumption) for the baseless miniature.

Not every human is Scandinavian or Canadian. :lol:

The world wide average is near 1,70m I think.

Without, someone used digital calipers to measure the almost-upright ST leader, and that tallies with my MK1 Eyeball & ruler measurements. They're pretty HUEG.

When I say "normal average individual" I just mean that's the assumption made when working using that "scale human" concept. I don't know why 1.8m seems the standard, but eh, when you jump up to sizing vehicles the difference based on whether you pick Rebels or Imps as the baseline is usually 10mm or less anyway.

14 minutes ago, Yodhrin said:

Without, someone used digital calipers to measure the almost-upright ST leader, and that tallies with my MK1 Eyeball & ruler measurements. They're pretty HUEG.

When I say "normal average individual" I just mean that's the assumption made when working using that "scale human" concept. I don't know why 1.8m seems the standard, but eh, when you jump up to sizing vehicles the difference based on whether you pick Rebels or Imps as the baseline is usually 10mm or less anyway.

AH, ok. Nice to know. At the start was not the tenor that it is not a 28mm but a 34mm scale game? That or something like that, at least I still have it in my head.

1 minute ago, TobiWan said:

AH, ok. Nice to know. At the start was not the tenor that it is not a 28mm but a 34mm scale game? That or something like that, at least I still have it in my head.

Eh, miniature game "scales" are a bit squiffy. I suppose Legion could be considered a 34mm game when you measure to the eye rather than the top of the head, but you can't really use that measurement for sizing vehicles because it's not their total height.