Sign in to follow this  
Arkangeluz

Tournament List 100 points - New player needing advice

Hey there fellow Generals!

Before say anything, excuse my English please, I know its not good at all.

Now, back to business... I'm quite new in the game and I'm playing at my local store a tournament in a week, and I need help building my list. I currently have this expansions:

2 Core sets (Red ones)

1 Millennium Falcon

1 Rebel Transport

1 Rebel Aces

3 B-wings

1 Tie Fighter FO

1 Mist Hunter

And I was looking for the best build for a tournament at 100 points list. My first thought was:

Nera Dantels with Fire-Control System, Advanced Proton Torpedoes, Marksmanship, B-Wing/E2, Weapons Engineer
Blue Squadron Pilot
Blue Squadron Pilot
Prototype Pilot A-Wing with Chardaan Refit

What do you think? Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Edit: Added Mist Hunter
Edited by Arkangeluz

Hi! Looking at your list, I personally think your nera is a big too heavily built for what she will deliver. B-wings don't have a great time at the moment, but they are doable. Any ordinance carrier such as Nera however either need Long Range Scanners, guidance chips or something along those lines to ensure a alphastrike hits on the first round of combat, before the ship dies. If you do wish to work with Nera, I would honestly suggest proton torpedos as well as deadeye to leverage her low pilot skill. But as mentioned, ordinance (missiles, bombs and torpedos) have gotten a lot of help in later expansions, most notably extra munitions (gives you an extra missile for only 2pts!) and guidance chips (free hit/crit on any die). 

With your collection, I would consider something like this: 
Ask beforehand if anyone would lend you a C-3PO for the day. It really works well on Han. He is PS 11, have passive mods through luke and his ability, can boost out of arcs, and have loads of health. If he can't boost, he just grabs an evade. Evade + C-3PO guess 0 makes for a very very tanky late-game ship. 

B-wing and A-wing is basically just fillers for your list. If you can't borrow a C-3PO, I would consider going for Kyle Katarn, incase people brings stress (or you need to K-turn).
Also, its cool, old-school ships, that looks great on the table. Even if you lose, it will be a joy to play with such iconic ships!.. 

Han Solo (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
C-3PO (3)
Luke Skywalker (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Hey there! Awesome! Thanks for your answer.

I can't get a copy of C3PO, but what about using Chewbacca instead? Adds 2 extra hit points and the chance of cancel a critical hit (right?).

Also, let me see if I get how Han and Luke work together:

1) Han attacks. If you dont like the thrown, you can reroll it.

2) Misses or get evades on his attacks.

3) Luke attacks again.

is that right?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Added Mist Hunter to the list of expansions. Adding question.

Regards.

Edited by Arkangeluz

Can you get your hands on a Z-95 expansion?  You have enough B-Wings that you could run 4 of them alongside a Z-95:

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Total: 100

B-Wings don't have a great time against all the harpoons out there right now but I always find this kind of list fun

What imrandy85 said. If you can get a Z95, run BBBBZ. Great list for new players. Lots of hull, no abilities to forget.

If not, you can run some control:

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Fire-Control System (2)
Ion Cannon (3)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Fire-Control System (2)
Ion Cannon (3)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Tractor Beam (1)

Rookie Pilot (21)
R3-A2 (2)

If any of your four ships gets arc on something like Miranda, it can be bad news for her. Ion and stress can end a small ships day real quick. Ion Cannon a ship, then with FCS you have a lock to close in and cause major damage. Maybe even better to move 1 FCS to tractor beam ship to spread the power around.

Edited by wurms

Hey there! Thanks a lot for your advices!

I was unable to get a Z-95 expansion pack, but I came up with a few ideas:

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Fire-Control System (2)
Ion Cannon (3)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Fire-Control System (2)
Ion Cannon (3)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Tractor Beam (1)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Tractor Beam (1)

This list makes a lot of sense. I mean, its easy to fly and has a few tactical options, but I dont know if I'll be able to get the 100% of it (I'm pretty new in X-Wing).

Han Solo (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
C-3PO (3)
Luke Skywalker (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Tractor Beam (1)

Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

Each time I look at this, it looks even better. I mean, easy to fly and lot of fun. But I think the first one (4 BWings) could be a lot more competitive and forgiving.

So... I'm playing tomorrow and still don't know what to do... I guess it will be a last minute decision hehe

Again, thanks a lot people! 

Best regards.