Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
• Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
= 30 Points

Squadrons:
• 6 x TIE Fighter Squadron (48)
= 48 Points

Total Points: 395

Nice! My buddy runs a list like this. Nasty stuff. 

I would dump expanded hanger bays. The reality is that if you are comms netting tokens, you’re not pushing squads with those gozantis. With those 10 points you can either have a sweet bid OR upgrade you fighters slightly (interceptors, Valen, or some other nasty). 

Another option is to dump one of the gozanti altogether and increase damage output with ACMs across the board. If you dumped both you could squeeze another raider instead for ultimate nasty. The reality with your squads is just to delay. I find that they rarely get commands from ships anyways. Comms net is nice though. 

I think I do actually need to command them, or else they're gone too quickly. My idea was to command them around Turn 2 and 3, after which they're likely dead, and then switch to Comms Net.

I guess if you’re goal is to kill off a couple squads. I usually use them just to tie up balls of fighters and delay. You could also bank tokens turn one to maximize value if you only plan to push 6 once. Turn 1 squad token, turn two squad command alpha strike, turn three they start to die anyways I would think.

It’s just 10 points to push two extra ties once, maybe twice seems like a lot of points. 

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Name: MSU
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Ozzel

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation: Superior Positions

Gladiator I (56)
• Intel Officer (7)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• Demolisher (10)
= 90 Points

Gladiator I (56)
• Admiral Ozzel (20)
• Intel Officer (7)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Insidious (3)
= 95 Points

Raider I (44)
• Chart Officer (2)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (3)
= 53 Points

Raider I (44)
• Chart Officer (2)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (3)
= 53 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
• Suppressor (4)
= 29 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
= 25 Points

Squadrons:
• 6 x TIE Fighter Squadron (48)
= 48 Points

Total Points: 393

Insidious, Suppressor, Chart Officers are all unnecessary. That is 11 points which gets you to an 18 point bid. I'd even argue that the Intel Officers aren't needed either but YMMV. Instead of the 6 TIE's (which are just going to die!)  I'd definitely look at Ciena, Valen, and 1 Lambda (mainly for strategic missions if you are bidding for first) which is 45 points. Take the further 3 points as more bid or cut an Intel Officer for a 4th squadron (Mauler/Sabre?). You've then also got the option of changing Ozzel to another Admiral if you want to.

Edited by Vae

1 hour ago, Vae said:

Insidious, Suppressor, Chart Officers are all unnecessary. That is 11 points which gets you to an 18 point bid. I'd even argue that the Intel Officers aren't needed either but YMMV. Instead of the 6 TIE's (which are just going to die!)  I'd definitely look at Ciena, Valen, and 1 Lambda (mainly for strategic missions if you are bidding for first) which is 45 points. Take the further 3 points as more bid or cut an Intel Officer for a 4th squadron (Mauler/Sabre?). You've then also got the option of changing Ozzel to another Admiral if you want to.

This^

Also I would strongly suggest changing Ozzel. If you have some desire to play Ozzel then keep it, but I think it is not competitive. Also your 42 points of squadrons are not a good way to spend those points. Go for Ciena Valen combo and they will last longer against a swarm ball. If you are running this many black die ships, I would put screed in there. Increase your fire power and will allow you to be more agressive. I think also that Fleet ambush is a better yellow objective and Dangerous territory is your best blue. You will get free points with those raiders and not worry about getting hit by astroids. 

My Idea is something like this: 

Commander: Admiral Screed

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Fleet Ambush
Navigation: Solar Corona

Gladiator I (56)
• Captain Brunson (5)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Demolisher (10)
= 88 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
= 25 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
= 25 Points

ISD Kuat Refit (112)
• Admiral Screed (26)
• Governor Pryce (7)
• Boarding Troopers (3)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• External Racks (3)
• Avenger (5)
= 172 Points

Raider I (44)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (3)
= 51 Points

Squadrons:
• Ciena Ree (17)
• Valen Rudor (13)
= 30 Points

Total Points: 391

If you go with these changes then I think you will have a better chance of surviving, becuase those raiders might get popped before they do anything. 

Best of luck to you !

Also if you were wanting a list that can chuck a lot of damage at long range, then I would suggest trying out this list. free CO points and everything else is always in your range.

Commander: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Assault: Opening Salvo
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Solar Corona

Arquitens Light Cruiser (54)
• Captain Needa (2)
• Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
= 63 Points

Arquitens Light Cruiser (54)
• Dual Turbolaser Turrets (5)
= 59 Points

Victory II (85)
• Grand Admiral Thrawn (32)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Leading Shots (4)
= 136 Points

Victory II (85)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Leading Shots (4)
= 104 Points

Squadrons:
• Ciena Ree (17)
• Valen Rudor (13)
= 30 Points

Total Points: 392

I tried it against Motti and Sloane and it destroyed the Motti BAD with the score being 516 - 17 !! It was a pretty good game, but he could not get through my right flank as I had asteroids blocking him there and then I sat on CO at speed 1 and 0 with the victories while my arqs took care of his floatillas and Gladiator. The ISD was then massacred by two victory front arcs. 

Edited by Cleto0
Additions

Don't listen to the Ozzel haters.   In the MSU, his speed schenannegans add a lot of un predictability to where your ships are ending up.  It makes the fleet more dangerous.   

Token plus command and those raiders go from 0 to 4.  A simple nav command jumps the Glads from 1 to a virtual 4.  It shifts threats and makes the other guy react, often in a way you can take advantage of.   

A bid would be a good idea, however. 

42 minutes ago, Dupy said:

Don't listen to the Ozzel haters.   In the MSU, his speed schenannegans add a lot of un predictability to where your ships are ending up.  It makes the fleet more dangerous.   

Token plus command and those raiders go from 0 to 4.  A simple nav command jumps the Glads from 1 to a virtual 4.  It shifts threats and makes the other guy react, often in a way you can take advantage of.   

A bid would be a good idea, however. 

I dont hate Ozzel, I just don't think he is competitive. Also his "unpredictability" is non existant against GOOD players. As a player who understands what he does (easy), you can plan for his speed changes.

I'm not sure I like the word "unpredictable" associated with Ozzel because it gives the impression that he's a random zany funster or that it only works on people who can't think far enough ahead. The huge range of speed options you can get with Ozzel allow for an extreme amount of positioning control that is difficult to adequately anticipate. It's not unpredictable (although it can be) so much as it vastly increases the Ozzel fleet's options for when and how it interacts with the opponent's fleet.

A lot of people think Ozzel isn't much good because they played him back when he came out and Screed at that point was generally better. Nowadays with flotillas (which Ozzel helps but Screed does nothing for) and scarier large ships that require more arc-dodging, Ozzel is quite legit in situations where Screed will just get blown up running the same fleet. Don't listen to the haters.

I do agree that the OP will likely want a larger bid, though. You can drop the Raider Chart Officers for a start and I'd also drop Insidious and Suppressor. You will probably only need one Comms Net, too, but that's your call.

1 hour ago, geek19 said:

If Ozzel wasn't competitive, I'd have a much better winning record. What @Snipafist can DO with that man.....

And if you can plan for EVERY place a Raider can be between speed 1 and speed 4, well congrats on the perfect placement of your list.

I'll echo the calls for a bid.

well, if a raider goes speed 1 or 2 he won't be in a position to hit your ship that he is going after the next turn, so plan for a speed 3 or 4 and get lucky with the speed 1 or 2. right?

3 hours ago, simpatikool said:

Okay, for the life of me, I can't figure out what MSU means and I see it everywhere.

Multiple Small Units IE MSU

People have used it in other miniature games and I guess it carried over. I deal with terms like this... 

here is a list of all of them:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/188636-glossary-of-armada-slang-abbreviations/

Edited by Cleto0
Put in link