Jump to content
MAZZA

Need more content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MAZZA said:

Another week coming to a close, no word on anything related to when an update will come...

Well we never got any article or news when FFG released their app updates (2 or 3 since the initial release in December 2017), including the update that allowed the inclusion of allies and villains from expansions (which could be qualified as a significant update).  Although, I would guess a new app driven campaign should at least be announced as it is a major app update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. We suggest that you keep your eyes on our news (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/) and upcoming (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/) pages as that is where we announce all latest information regarding the releases and reprints of our games!

Our News and Upcoming pages are where we make all of our announcements on reprints and releases and I am unable to give you any more information. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!

Thank you!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Zach
Customer Service Representative 
customerservice@asmodeena.com
651.639.1905
?name=inline-974558051.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to FFG, it would be insane of them to answer individual fan questions about future releases. If it came out that FFG would drop news about coming releases to fans e-mailing them, they would be flooded with questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know FFG's policy is to keep mum on new content/releases until they are just about to be released, but....

Anyone hear anything about a new LotA campaign?

Maybe one that uses content from one of the expansions?

Anyone?

Brueller? Brueller?....

Thanks!

Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, Majushi said:

How much did you pay for your copy of the app?

That's like asking how much I paid for the miniatures though. The app was part of the deal. We bought it expecting to have at least a big app campaign or two to play like Descent.

Edited by noquarter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 8:03 PM, noquarter said:

That's like asking how much I paid for the miniatures though. The app was part of the deal. We bought it expecting to have at least a big app campaign or two to play like Descent.

Well, no. Not exactly. Because the box contains more than just figures and tiles to use with the app.

having no experience with the Descent app, I can’t speak to what the app provides compared to the IA app.

But maybe your expectations were too high, and that’s why you feel let down by what is, for most intents and purposes, a “free” app.

Content in the app may boost sales a little at the start, but in the end more content isn’t exactly driving more sales. At this point they may have to charge for additional content to simply break even on development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Majushi said:

Well, no. Not exactly. Because the box contains more than just figures and tiles to use with the app.

having no experience with the Descent app, I can’t speak to what the app provides compared to the IA app.

But maybe your expectations were too high, and that’s why you feel let down by what is, for most intents and purposes, a “free” app.

Content in the app may boost sales a little at the start, but in the end more content isn’t exactly driving more sales. At this point they may have to charge for additional content to simply break even on development.

Yeah... basically, "it's coming". 

 

And I hate to be that guy, but I don't think anyone "promised" that the app would ship with a full set of campaigns to match what RtL has accumulated over a few years. A little bit of pre-purchase research goes a long way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Yeah... basically, "it's coming". 

 

And I hate to be that guy, but I don't think anyone "promised" that the app would ship with a full set of campaigns to match what RtL has accumulated over a few years. A little bit of pre-purchase research goes a long way...

From what what I was reading here there were a few people who jumped into IA because of the expectation that a big LoTA campaign was coming. Sure there weren't any promises made but that doesn't change the fact that will be a few who are disgruntled by the slow progress.  Managing customer expectations is a thing you know. Plus anyone who did actually do any "pre-purchase research" will know that the Descent App was in fact followed almost immediately (within a few weeks, I think) by a major campaign. 

My expectation is that a major campaign is/was planned but something (X-Wing App?) has probably caused it to stall. Otherwise the app looks really unbalanced with a lot of work being putting into the relatively expensive coding and very little investment in the (cheaper) playable content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zerker said:

a lot of work being putting into the relatively expensive coding and very little investment in the (cheaper) playable content.

New playable content needs coding too, in addition to needing design and quite a bit of playtesting. And being Star Wars, LFL will be involved in the process as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zerker said:

From what what I was reading here there were a few people who jumped into IA because of the expectation that a big LoTA campaign was coming. Sure there weren't any promises made but that doesn't change the fact that will be a few who are disgruntled by the slow progress.  Managing customer expectations is a thing you know. Plus anyone who did actually do any "pre-purchase research" will know that the Descent App was in fact followed almost immediately (within a few weeks, I think) by a major campaign. 

My expectation is that a major campaign is/was planned but something (X-Wing App?) has probably caused it to stall. Otherwise the app looks really unbalanced with a lot of work being putting into the relatively expensive coding and very little investment in the (cheaper) playable content.

You are probably right about the X-Wing app stalling IA app development.  

The reason the Descent app campaign was probably pushed so fast is probably due to the fact that Descent 2nd edition can only be played with the app I think.  The IA's app is in fact just a third mode as there exist already the 1 vs all campaign mode as well as the skirmish mode.  Unlike Descent, there are other ways to play IA while waiting for another campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

You are probably right about the X-Wing app stalling IA app development.  

The reason the Descent app campaign was probably pushed so fast is probably due to the fact that Descent 2nd edition can only be played with the app I think.  The IA's app is in fact just a third mode as there exist already the 1 vs all campaign mode as well as the skirmish mode.  Unlike Descent, there are other ways to play IA while waiting for another campaign.

You might be thinking of Mansions of Madness 2nd ed., but Descent 2nd ed. started as a campaign game that's a lot like the standard Imperial Assault campaigns and then added the app on top of that a few years later.  It is missing the skirmish mode, though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

You might be thinking of Mansions of Madness 2nd ed., but Descent 2nd ed. started as a campaign game that's a lot like the standard Imperial Assault campaigns and then added the app on top of that a few years later.  It is missing the skirmish mode, though :)

Yes I am aware that the first edition played like IA (overlord vs 1-4 hero players), but I thought, the 2nd edition replaced the overlord player by the app like FFG did for MoM.  Thanks for educating me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

Yes I am aware that the first edition played like IA (overlord vs 1-4 hero players), but I thought, the 2nd edition replaced the overlord player by the app like FFG did for MoM.  Thanks for educating me!

Yeah, 1ed is definitely its own thing, but 2ed actually has 3 big box campaigns, 4 small box campaigns, and a pretty healthy custom campaign community (in addition to the app).

 

If anything, the big advantage we have over it is Skirmish, if that's your thing.

 

And yeah, again, more stuff would be nice, but it's coming presumably. The only way I could be reasonably mad is if FFG announced they're pulling the app because they no longer want to work on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Yeah, 1ed is definitely its own thing, but 2ed actually has 3 big box campaigns, 4 small box campaigns, and a pretty healthy custom campaign community (in addition to the app).

We need that here too!  Am I again mistaken in thinking that there exist better tools to help achieve that in Descent?  I thought I read somewhere that FFG even provided such tools to create custom campaigns (or at least custom missions that I suppose could be linked together into a campaign).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

We need that here too!  Am I again mistaken in thinking that there exist better tools to help achieve that in Descent?  I thought I read somewhere that FFG even provided such tools to create custom campaigns (or at least custom missions that I suppose could be linked together into a campaign).

 

 

Yeah, they got an official version of it.

 

I'd love to have that for IA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×