rossljensen

T-47 Hairpin Turn through the Snow

4 hours ago, Bdarin04 said:

Hate to break it to you but the guns are on upside down. Solid work otherwise. Hi did you mount the speeder banking? I was planning on doing the same thing.

The guns on 50% of the T-47’s in the world are likely to be upside down.  Even half the unboxing videos on YouTube people stick them in upside down.  FFG should release a card showing this as a modification with some purpose.

@rossljensen this looks really cool, regardless.  I think the banking adds a lot of character to the model.

Thanks guys!  I just used some poster sticky tack to mount the ship.  This also helps by the way if you are playing at a FLGS if something is at an incline.  You can get the poster sticky tack at like a Michael's.  It has the consistency of chewed gum lol. 

Also, the guns haven't been fixed yet with glue, so i'm still safe :) whew.  I would never have known!

I planned on doing the same thing for my T-47's but was afraid someone would question cover/los on an angled vehicle.

I honestly wanted to mount them to look like my Bandai T-47's.

It is a shame how almost everyone makes the same mistake. I can understand as the "these are so cool" factor really hits you when taking them out of the package. There are slight notches on the pegs and the guns are as well.

44 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

It is a shame how almost everyone makes the same mistake. I can understand as the "these are so cool" factor really hits you when taking them out of the paclag e. There are slight notches on the pegs and the guns are as well.

It’s because we are used to seeing guns depicted with a site at the end of the barrel on the top side so having the bulges in the guns face “up” looks more natural to everyone.  I’m sure some small subversion of that expectation was why the T-47 guns were designed this way to begin with.  It adds subtly to the foreign/fantastic look of the guns.