Sign in to follow this  
BrotherFett

Just going to leave this here. . .

2 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

The big question for me is if this would be modeled after the Ghost and the Phantom docking, or like Hound's Tooth and the Nashtah Pup?

I’d say neither, make it a new type of deployment and have a unique use when it’s on the board. Since it’s way less of a fighter then the nashtah  pup or phantom. 

It would be cool if it was a two dice arced ship, crappy dial, but could add a crew slot to the falcon and take crew with it when it detaches, so if you lose the falcon it can still be a neat support craft

What about a mechanic like a life boat. Make it a YT-1300 only modification. It allows crew to attach to a token that can stop or use the 1 maneuvers if the YT dies. Another large ship can pick it by coming within range 1 and use the crew abilities at the cost of a stress.

If you destroy the Falcon, you concede only half of the points, and deploy the shuttle.

No attack mode.

Crappy dial.

If the shuttle leaves the space area, you saved 50% left of the points. If your opponent destroy it, it gains the full cost of the YT-1300.

Saving-life shuttle! :) a minigame into a game.

On 4/9/2018 at 2:44 PM, BrotherFett said:

this makes no sense.

the outside hull in that section of the ship is thinner than an x-wing, about 1.5 meters or 4.5 feet if the schematics im looking at are correct.

there is no room for a humanoid inside that space. also, the falcon already has an escape pod and docks, why would a ship that small have a shuttle? thats beyond stupid

edit: the supposed "ship" section is even thinner than i thought, only about 1 meter thick.

Edited by Vontoothskie

I think it's highly unlikely it's a shuttle.  At most an escape pod.  The LEGO set pictures lead me to believe someone will escape in it as Qi'ra is pictured standing in it (go the last last pictures):

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Kessel-Run-Millennium-Falcon-75212

It's possible it's a cargo pod that could still have some kind of thrusters to move itself around and someone just uses it to escape in the movie.  (Yes, yes, if it was a cargo pod then it might not have breathable atmosphere, but maybe it does for live cargo or something... or they don't use it in space in the movie... er... oh wait, this is Star Wars, forget science!)

As far as game mechanics go, it could have something as simple as another rigged cargo chute, but it would be far cooler to see some sort of escape pod card that lets you move a crew to another ship or something.  Will the pod detach on the actual x-wing model?  I hope so.  It would be a bigger incentive to buy a third Falcon.

11 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

this makes no sense.

the outside hull in that section of the ship is thinner than an x-wing, about 1.5 meters or 4.5 feet if the schematics im looking at are correct.

there is no room for a humanoid inside that space. also, the falcon already has an escape pod and docks, why would a ship that small have a shuttle? thats beyond stupid

edit: the supposed "ship" section is even thinner than i thought, only about 1 meter thick.

You know that humans are significantly less than 1 metre thick, right?

Well, I just looked at the newest Lego catalog, and they list it as a 'Detachable Escape Craft!'. Now, Lego sets have tweaked things before to focus on play over actual movie plot points, so this might not be accurate. Any kind of escape pod mechanic could be a fun twist to the game though.

I also want that Lego set now

3 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

You know that humans are significantly less than 1 metre thick, right?

you know that thats the outside hull, right?

interior dimensions would be much less, 24 inches at most.  for reference the average sedan has a 48 inch interior passenger hieght.  the exterior of a sedans trunk is ussually about 38 or 40 inches of the ground, so consider the interior of this detachable "ship" to be the inside of a sedan cars trunk. that gives about 6 inches of hull on either side.

so what are people going to slide on their bellies into this thing and get trapped when someone slides in behind?  many star wars droids and non human races couldnt even fit inside

23 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

heres a reference photo to help explain how absurd this is:

https://imgur.com/a/b3X8U

YMtZJ.gif

yeah, look at that, Solo can’t even stand up in that cockpit.  Worse movie ever.

(the exterior falcon set was undersized by About a third as per the usual practice for filmmaking)

8 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

so what are people going to slide on their bellies into this thing and get trapped when someone slides in behind? 

Uh no, you are on your back, judging from TLJ and how the small one man pods work.

2 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

Uh no, you are on your back, judging from TLJ and how the small one man pods work.

its as thick as the pod in TLJ, but 5 times as long. so again, unless you're loading half a dozen people in foot to face, its pretty silly.

also why does a small cargo pusher need to 2 shuttles, one of which fits in its cargo pushing dock?

not to mention there arent any doors or connections to the area the shuttle connects to.

now if it was a drone, that would actually be awesome. a droid ship has precident in star wars and makes sense with the location and dimensions shown

2 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

YMtZJ.gif

yeah, look at that, Solo can’t even stand up in that cockpit.  Worse movie ever.

(the exterior falcon set was undersized by About a third as per the usual practice for filmmaking)

that set is accurate to the Falcons dimension according to lucasfilm.

also, Chewie is standing inside the cockpit in your gif. chewie is taller than Han, so why are you saying he wouldnt fit?