Commander Kaine

Re-design any 1 ship of your choosing

Redesign, not just balance patch?

Give the Fang fighters the Scyk dial (red moves can be whatever they are now) with hard green 1s. An emphasis on the Hard 1s is something of a signature element of scum small ships to date, it would be fun if it kept that emphasis and became something of an ultimate knife-fighter... 

It's a tiny, tiny change, but I dunno, it could be a lot of fun.

Beyond that, simply a redesign of the Scurrg expansion so that it can do more than a bomb-truck; I appreciate it would be in terrible danger of ending up another B-wing in the process, but dangit, that was a cool ship to have relegated to less-than-K-wing-versatility :(
(And that PS6 special ability is... a joke. C'mon, guys, you already gave that ability, just less rubbish, to Emon Azammeen... and it's still mediocre. Could you get much more filler-y?)

Edited by Reiver

41 minutes ago, Reiver said:

Redesign, not just balance patch?

Give the Fang fighters the Scyk dial (red moves can be whatever they are now) with hard green 1s. An emphasis on the Hard 1s is something of a signature element of scum small ships to date, it would be fun if it kept that emphasis and became something of an ultimate knife-fighter... 

It's a tiny, tiny change, but I dunno, it could be a lot of fun.

Beyond that, simply a redesign of the Scurrg expansion so that it can do more than a bomb-truck; I appreciate it would be in terrible danger of ending up another B-wing in the process, but dangit, that was a cool ship to have relegated to less-than-K-wing-versatility :(
(And that PS6 special ability is... a joke. C'mon, guys, you already gave that ability, just less rubbish, to Emon Azammeen... and it's still mediocre. Could you get much more filler-y?)

You want to make... the Scurrg... better?!

kZCNKy5.png

6 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

I don't get it. the SCURRG is a mighty fine poon und boba caddie, it doesn't really need any changes done to it

I guess I'd settle for an Ace that wasn't exclusively bomb focused, to be honest.

I don't get much love from generics, and ignoring the ability of a ship just to fly the ship isn't to my tastes either.

5 hours ago, Punning Pundit said:

I think it goes outside the rules of this thread, but! If we'd make mobile arc a thing from Wave 2, we should make "gunner" a keyword that lets you move the mobile arc as a free action. And then "gunner" can be added to a bunch of existing crew cards. For instance Crew!Chewie should get that keyword, and it would add a nice bit of decision making to spending him.

KEYWORDS! Love this. This is my number 1 choice for an X-wing 2.0. I don't actually want a 2.0 (I've spent too much money on this version :P) but that would be my go to change if I were to redesign the game.

Back to the OP;

B-wing: 3 bank becomes white. Maybe a 4K. Add reload. Add Bullseye firing arc. Lower Ten Numb's squad cost by 2pts.

Ideally B-wing/E2 would be a title itself, but I think a rewrite to something along the lines of smuggling compartment; allowing an additional mod under the cost of 3 would suffice.

New title: A/SF-01: When defending, if the attacker is inside your firing arc, you may add 1 evade result. Stress tokens do not prevent you from performing barrel roll actions.

I wouldn't touch the pilot abilities. Like the T-65 I think the pilots are great, just on a lacklustre chassis.

On 4/7/2018 at 11:57 PM, Commander Kaine said:

So here is a little something something for the weekend. 

You were blessed by the gods, and you were given the right to COMPLETELY redesign ANY one already existing ship. Will you raise some old school ships from obscurity? Or will you give Lord Vader the power he always deserved? Will you swing the mighty NERF HAMMER, or you cherry pick some powerful abilities for your favourite ship? The choice is yours!

Here's them rules: 

- You may NOT create upgrade cards independent of the ship. An Elite or Crew upgrade that synergizes really well with the ship is not an acceptable card, but a title upgrade is. 

- You may NOT create new pilots, but you MAY change the abilities and PS of any existing pilots, as you see fit. 

- You may NOT exceed the limitations of the game. 4 actions on the action bar, 7 upgrade slots, etc. 

- You may NOT create new maneuvers, actions, upgrade slots, etc. not already in the game. 

Now, aside from these, you can do pretty much anything you want. Add extra maneuvers or upgrade slots, change stats, rework titles... anything. 

Which ship do you change, how and why? 

4 actions on bar and 7 upgrades are not limits or rules, but as its your post we can follow your suggestion.

i would rework the hawk-290. its a super fast, agile ship that sneaks in and out of smuggling ports and evades imperials with ease. one of the only ships in the game with engines designed to pivot... so why the **** is its dial such garbage?

I'd up its base agility to 3 and give it the IG-2000 dial minus segnors loops. 

much more than that and it would get broken.

1 hour ago, Vontoothskie said:

4 actions on bar and 7 upgrades are not limits or rules, but as its your post we can follow your suggestion.

i would rework the hawk-290. its a super fast, agile ship that sneaks in and out of smuggling ports and evades imperials with ease. one of the only ships in the game with engines designed to pivot... so why the **** is its dial such garbage?

I'd up its base agility to 3 and give it the IG-2000 dial minus segnors loops. 

much more than that and it would get broken.

Nothing is broken, if priced correctly.

20 hours ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

VT49 Deci is my choice

CMDR Kenkirk, Adds evade result instead of a green die

All pilots reduce cost by two, increase primary weapon by one

and a new title: made using Strange eons, its great, Disclaimer: Art is the FFG art for Dauntless Title, I am not claiming that I made it, (just to be safe on the legal side)

deci heavy.JPG

4 dice primary weapon?1 That's crazy. You can already get up to rolling 5 dice by using expose and being range one...

Mine would be for the a-wing.

Amend/replace Chardaan Refit with a card at -1 cost that allows you to attack with an extra dice. Then flip the card. You then have to spend a token to flip the card back over again (so a little like intensity) but does not just bump them up to a 3 dice attack.

The E-Wing definitely needs something.  I'd probably make the speed 2 turns green, maybe give it a Tech slot, and a title along the following lines:

Astromech Uplink
E-Wing only. Title.

If you equip a (Astromech) upgrade, its squad point cost is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 0).

After executing a (forward) or (K-turn) maneuver, assign a focus token to this ship.

0 points.

Yes, this helps Corran, but even he needs help right now.

Just knocking 2 points off the base line cost of the generics and Etahn probably wouldn't hurt either.  And as with almost every mid-PS generic, I'd like to add an EPT slot to the Blackmoon Squadron Pilot.

Edited by Jarval

3 hours ago, Kingsguard said:

4 dice primary weapon?1 That's crazy. You can already get up to rolling 5 dice by using expose and being range one...

Expose is awful, might as well TL or focus, additionally, Stress is bad because of the number of greens so Experimental isn't good there either. You can make PTL work but thats because of EU's added mobility, 4 die primary isn't terribly crazy as seen on the ghost, and reinforce for 12 points and-1 primary seems fair, the ghost's PWV with an Aux. doesn't see as much use as TLT, so I think that this would be a balanced buff, especially because it has no natural evade.

On 4/8/2018 at 1:26 AM, Giledhil said:

I choose the B-wing : 

- the dial : add 3 T-rolls.
- B-wing /E2 : Title, B-wing only : add a crew slot and a second system slot. 0 pts.
- A/SF-01  : Title, B-wing only : add a cannon slot or a missile slot; decrease your primary weapon value by 1. -4pts.
- Assault deflector shields : Modification, B-wing only : when defending against an enemy in your primary arc, increase your agility value by 1. 0pts.

Basically, you now have the choice between a specialized assault ship (A/SF-01) or a crew carrier (/E2). Both get a little boost in jousting value due to the new deflectors..

NB : I didn't limit the deflectors to range 1-3, since I kept Epic games in mind : B-wings get the assault bonus also when approaching those dangerous long-range weapons on capital ships.

I'd also fix the B-Wing, but I'd give it a bonus to attacking both huge and large ships. It might not be a dog-fighter, but it is a Star Destroyer killer.

Saw a few interceptor fixes in this list, but didn't see this one:

Title:  Heavy Interceptor (TIE Interceptor only):  You gain 1 hull.  You are immune to the effects of bombs.  (2 points)

Just once, I'd like to NOT be hard countered by a bomb list!  But I guess this would just turn the tables to hard counter a bomb list...

1 hour ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

Expose is awful, might as well TL or focus, additionally, Stress is bad because of the number of greens so Experimental isn't good there either. You can make PTL work but thats because of EU's added mobility, 4 die primary isn't terribly crazy as seen on the ghost, and reinforce for 12 points and-1 primary seems fair, the ghost's PWV with an Aux. doesn't see as much use as TLT, so I think that this would be a balanced buff, especially because it has no natural evade.

The ghost's 4 dice attack is more balanced because it's not a turret and it can't equip Expose. You can't say any of that about the Decimator.

TIE Fighter

Academy Pilot - 10 points
Obsidian Squadron Pilot - 11 points
Black Squadron Pilot/Chaser/Wampa - 12 points
Night Beast/Winged Gundark/Youngster - 13 points
Backstabber/Dark Curse - 14 points
Mauler Mithel/Scourge - 15 points
Howlrunner - 16 points

TIE Interceptor:

Alpha Squadron Pilot - 14 points
Avenger Squadron Pilot - 16 points
Sabre Squadron Pilot - 17 points
Royal Guard Pilot - 18 points
Fel's Wrath / Lieutenant Lorrir - 19 points
Kir Kanos / Tetran Cowall - 20 points
Turr Phennir - 21 points
Carnox Jax - 22 points
Soontir Fel - 23 points

Modification - Proximity Alarm - TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors Only - when you take damage from a mine, bomb or obstacle, you may roll green dice equivalent to your agility value and cancel  a (hit) or (crit) result for each (evade) rolled - 0 points

Modification - Reactive Avionics - TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors Only - you may always apply your range dice bonus when defending at range 3, even against secondary weapons - 0 points

Edited by FTS Gecko

Thing is, I want to make up new maneuvers.  Or at least new maneuver difficulties.

Yellow Maneuver.  It would be treated as white if you do not have stress, but treated as Red if you do.  Basically, the Ello Asty pilot ability.

Mostly, I really want to revisit the Jumpmaster Dial.  White S-Loop becomes yellow, as well as the Hard Right 1 and 2, and the Bank Right 3.  So the asymmetric dial will actually matter, at least when Stressed.  I'm not sure off the top of my head what other ships I'd revisit with those Yellow moves.  Perhaps Quadjumper.  I mean, if they had essentially white Reverses, is that really a problem?  Just look at the stat-line.

No Tie Bomber love I see.... Anyway here are my fixes:

-Modification: Bomber loadout - You lose a Torpedo Slot and a Missile slot, gain two bomb slots. 0 Points (allows you to run a bomb centric Tie Bomber, imagine that?)

-Add reload to the action bar. (its kind of lazy, but the Gunboat completely obsoletes the Bomber as an ordnance carrier, so little choice)

-Change Tie Shuttle to allow for 5 point crew to ride in the Tie Shuttle. Gives it a little more utility now with Hux and Krennic

-Maj. Rhymer is 23 points.

-Gamma Squad. Pilot is 17 points.

-Adrenaline Rush: When you reveal a red  any maneuver, you may discard this card to treat that maneuver as a white maneuver until the end of the Activation phase. You may preform an action even if you overlapped an obstacle. (gives the card a bit more utility)

-Without completely overhauling all ordnance, I would make APTs 4 points and Assault Missiles not spend the TL. Assault Missiles are still a bit worse than Harpoons, but not ridiculously so.

- Seismic Charges. When this bomb token detonates, each ship at Range 1 of the token suffers 1 damage and if a small base, must perform a barrel roll in a direction away from the bomb. (Make these a bit more thematic and a bit closer to the ridiculous bombs from AOTC)

-Proton Bombs, I would reduce to 4 points.

Edited by Jo Jo

If this change would also have a butterfly effect on the rest of the game, then I would change the original X-Wing dial to make it more maneuverable (and hopefully spill over into the earlier waves as well). Maybe not as good as the T-70, but not as bad as it currently is.

I would change Luke's ability to be Deadeye (it's basically "his" card anyways). That keeps his card on-theme with his only flying representation in the movies, while also freeing up the EPT slot for other goodies.

Maybe a title that lets you equip two modifications at -1pt each, or just add boost or barrel roll directly to the ship itself.

I'd change the TIE Bomber. Because ever since Wave III it's been my favorite ship (and yes, I tried to make Proton Bombs on Bombers work before Extra Munitions). 

First up, the upgrade bar: Definitely remove a torpedo slot and add a bomb slot. Something called the "bomber" should actually be effective at bombing. And I never understood why the thing had quite so much ordnance. Imperial ordinance dictates that ordnance should be given to our lord and savior GUNBOAT.

Then the action bar. I think the current one is fine, but I'd also like to add the SLAM action - in Episode V, we see TIE Bombers doing a quick bombing run over an asteroid, which I think is best represented by a bomb+SLAM. However, since the action bar only fits one more, I'm going to actually nix the SLAM action. I'd rather give it reinforce, as the TIE Bomber is more armored than evasive, and it would hopefully make it more survivable. 

And obviously bullseye arc. Bullseye arcs on everything.

The pilots are mostly ok, but I wanna make some edits. Rhymer and Jonus are slightly more famous in the EU, so I'd like them to be better.

I'd leave Tomax as is. He's cool.

Major Rhymer needs some help. I think I'd remove the Range 1-3 limit. So an FAQ would then state that he can attack ships he's touching with a range 1 weapon (range 0) and attack at range 4. He also does seem awfully expensive - I'd either reduce his cost by 2 or increase him to PS9. 

Jonus is awesome. But I'm not satisfied. Change to "when a friendly ship at range 1 triggers an ability that rolls attack dice for any reason other than attacking with a primary weapon, you may reroll up to two dice. Friendly ships at range 1 may use multiple abilities to reroll the same die multiple times." Basically, he helps the Imps get a Cad Bane/Sabine ability (but in swarms, so thematic), and he also gives you a bonus with using his ability in addition to a Target Lock. Kinda wordy, but I like it.

Gamma Vets should be PS7. 

Gamma Squadron Pilots should have an EPT. 

Deathfire is great as is.

Scimitars are great as is.