Sign in to follow this  
ModernPaladin

GM cheat sheets: Minions

Here's a format I have found very helpful for tracking minions - especially if you have multiple groups of them. It starts with a standard minion listing, then has a table below with the die pools for their skills by size - and a wound track for each group. I start ticking off wounds from right (minion 5) to left (minion 1). then I can just find the rightmost unmarked wound box for a group and follow it down to that group's current dice pools.

Of course, after going through the trouble of making this sheet, I promptly forgot to print it before the game. <_<   Thankfully my GM notebook is ruled as graph paper, so it was super easy to recreate the hit boxes quickly...

Anyway, I hope you find this useful, and if anyone wants I can post the code I used for it in GMBinder. One important thing to note is that I added a hitbox style to the dice and symbols section of the style sheet. It's basically just a white boost die:

.phb .hitbox {
    font-family: Genesys1;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-shadow: -1px 0 #000000,0 1px #000000,1px 0 #000000,0 -1px #000000;
}

I hope you find this as useful as I did, and would appreciate any suggestions for improvements.

Minion GM Sheet.pdf

I have been adhoc-ing minion health myself:

• Take each minion's health
  • Look at the damage after soak the player deals
  • If within + or - 1 point of the health of the minion it dies. if less than a minion is "wounded", if more then +1 over then 1 minion dies and the next in the group is wounded
  • 2 wounds and a minion dies if it was not killed outright

seems so much easier when keeping track of like 6 groups of 3

This is pretty cool!  But, I have to mention your dice pools are wrong.  It looks like you were adding to to pool instead of upgrading your dice pool after the 1st minion.  You got the 2 minion group correct with a YG pool.  3 Minions would be YY, 4 Minions would be YYG, and 5 Minions would be YYY.  A subtle wording difference that does make a difference.

Excellent work!

Z

Edited by Zszree

11 hours ago, Zszree said:

This is pretty cool!  But, I have to mention your dice pools are wrong.  It looks like you were adding to to pool instead of upgrading your dice pool after the 1st minion.  You got the 2 minion group correct with a YG pool.  3 Minions would be YY, 4 Minions would be YYG, and 5 Minions would be YYY.  A subtle wording difference that does make a difference.

Excellent work!

Z

Agree... it is upgrade the dice. If all upgraded add one. Next upgrade is to the added one.