- Disposable Capacitors (3)
= 31 total points

GR-75 Combat Retrofits (24)
 - Repair Crews (4)
 - Disposable Capacitors (3)
= 31 total points

Squadrons (96/134):
6x YT-2400 (96)

I have been practicing for 96 weeks with this......thanks Ben and FFG and Blail Berg.....

Classic Ben.  Goddamnit, Ben.

I will say that I just recently started poking back into Armada, and feeling like I had to invest in a bajillion flotillas is part of what made me bail earlier.

Now I can just pick up one more of each flotilla for “just in case” situations and go on with flying big ships, which is what I want to do when playing Armada.  

Also it will be easier to get new players, since watching two star destroyers and some tie fighters duke it out with some MC cruisers is so much more evocative and iconic than a corvette and a dozen transports sniping the other mass of transports.

Someone new to Armada gets more interested (in my experience) watching Raddus drop a Liberty in from hyperspace in the rear arc of a star destroyer and watching the tables turn than watching a flotilla spam battle.

On 07/04/2018 at 8:48 AM, Coldhands said:

Its funny to see players crying and saying abusive use... Only abusive thing about them is their scatter. With all the rest of the nerf, there shouldnt be a cap at all. Killing Yavaris and an AF/Pelta/whatever shouldnt be a problem to any fleet. Killing a single ISD among 7 gozanti? Well, if you cant take one ISD out to table your opponent, its probably your fault. From ffg-s point, balance shouldnt be about limiting numbers, since selling products generates their profit. Money wise im pretty sure flottilas brought them the most money, or at least in the top3. It should be more about making all the available produts lucrative to field. Flotillas were/are OP, no question. But to be fair, top players knew how to deal with them, and they did. It was more problematic for those who are less experienced/talented. Id be happy if their scatter was changed to a redirect, so theyd be on the power level they should belong to, that way theyd pop like an eyeball whenever you spit at them. Hard cap is a joke.

@Aresius someone needs to try and kill your bloody liberty, apparently it is easy

15 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

:rolleyes:  Did this ever happen, anywhere?

I once saw a video of a guy spamming combat gozzers with bombers under tarkin - so after the lifeboat nerf the flagship had to be a corvette i guess xD 

9 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

I once saw a video of a guy spamming combat gozzers with bombers under tarkin - so after the lifeboat nerf the flagship had to be a corvette i guess xD 

Come on...

Name ( @Tokra) the ( @Tokra) Guy ( @Tokra) who did it...

... because you won’t be shaming him ?

7 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

That would be @Tokra.  But you either have raider + a dozen gozs, or bombers--and I don't know that he's ever reported having a mirror match like Turin describes.  Even if he did, that is definitely neither a universal experience nor a common one.

2 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

That would be @Tokra.  But you either have raider + a dozen gozs, or bombers--and I don't know that he's ever reported having a mirror match like Turin describes.  Even if he did, that is definitely neither a universal experience nor a common one.

Viper and Clon tried to do GR75 vs Goz when the wave came out and they gave up turn 3 as it was too laborious. 

Just now, Ginkapo said:

Viper and Clon tried to do GR75 vs Goz when the wave came out and they gave up turn 3 as it was too laborious. 

That's true, I'd forgotten that one.

So, I stand corrected.  It has happened once.  On Vassal.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

Come on...

Name ( @Tokra) the ( @Tokra) Guy ( @Tokra) who did it...

... because you won’t be shaming him ?

I honestly didn’t know the name, it was just a video my local opponent showed me sone time ago - but if you say he was... ?

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

Didn’t thought of the mirror match - my bad

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

:rolleyes:  Did this ever happen, anywhere?

Well, bear in mind that by “a dozen transports” I mean “6 flotillas.”  I was admittedly exaggerating for effect from the perspective of a non-player watching the game.  I have seen a few games where there were 5+ flotillas and one larger ship, and it was pretty absurd to watch.

On 4/7/2018 at 6:04 PM, Drasnighta said:

I quite enjoyed them.

I didn't get to see them in the Cinema.

In fact, I only say TLJ for the first time last week.  But of course, every bastard spoiled it for me on day one anyway, so who cares.

Just like I have a 5 year old...  I really enjoyed Rebels right along side him.

Is it exactly the same as the Star Wars of Old?  No.
Is it the Star Wars I would make?  No.

But it is Star Wars.  Even if only because its the only new Star Wars we get.

You're allowed to hate it.  You really are.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  So go on Hating it.

But it is Star Wars.

And you cannot take that from me, or anyone else.

Batman paraphrase well played!

17 hours ago, Captain_Nemo said:

I honestly didn’t know the name, it was just a video my local opponent showed me sone time ago - but if you say he was... ?

Didn’t thought of the mirror match - my bad

16 hours ago, FatherTurin said:

Well, bear in mind that by “a dozen transports” I mean “6 flotillas.”  I was admittedly exaggerating for effect from the perspective of a non-player watching the game.  I have seen a few games where there were 5+ flotillas and one larger ship, and it was pretty absurd to watch.

At least on tournament level i am maybe the only one who used a pure gozanti list. Our first tests were 13 gozanti with Screed. But these didn't work so well, and were to easy to counter (hello Mr. Cracken...).

I had never a true mirror match with the gozanti, the most Flotilla on the other side were 6. And these were really messed up matches, because they take so long. No wonder when you have 8+7 ships and 12+10 squadrons on the field. But at least it does look "full" on the board  :P.

And yes, these matches might look a bit absurd. But they were effective. This was the problem and this is why I really support and like the change. It was just a bad timing for such a big change. At least for me ;).

1 hour ago, Vetnor said:

I totally agree. Disney has no clue what Star Wars is about. 

Oh, they know.

$

(I for one welcome the resurgence and actually think they've (LFL) done a pretty great job with the new stuff.  I think we as nerds have incredibly ridiculous rose-colored glasses for the original trilogy, too much disdain for the prequels, and ask way too much of the sequels. I'm just happy that we're getting new content.  And again, on balance it is pretty darned good.)

Ha!

i love the prequels. I love the original trilogy. I love SW: the clone wars (tv show). I liked rebels though i hated the art style. Rogue one was amazing and i hope SOLO will be just as good.

But this sequel trilogy crap? Ive watched each one once and thats all i want.

Also no more official tournament play for me for a few waves. This only 2 flotillas really screwed with a lot of my fleets which have 3 flotillas :/

On 9.4.2018 at 6:54 PM, Dr alex said:

@Aresius someone needs to try and kill your bloody liberty, apparently it is easy

lol, people really dont appreciate :)

Having said that, its easier now, we just this week mutually killed our battle ships to have only flots left. Wave 7 made Aresius‘ list even more horrifying with Bail and C&S....and then that. 

It has its justified place in the Annals, for sure.

On 4/10/2018 at 3:15 PM, CaribbeanNinja said:

Oh, they know.

$

(I for one welcome the resurgence and actually think they've (LFL) done a pretty great job with the new stuff.  I think we as nerds have incredibly ridiculous rose-colored glasses for the original trilogy, too much disdain for the prequels, and ask way too much of the sequels. I'm just happy that we're getting new content.  And again, on balance it is pretty darned good.)

Rogue One was really good, and The Force Awakens was not bad when it came to setting up the new trilogy.  However, The Last Jedi was an abomination. Far too long, far too predicable, and really not that interesting. It was also plagued with continuity issues and stupid 1 person vs the world heroics. Yawn.  I'm also not sure why they're systematically killing off the old characters. Han Solo - ok I get, plus it was dramatic - but Luke could have played a far more interesting role than he did. Finn being saved by Rosie was almost laughable as was their riding of those beasts on that inconsequential mission.

Edited by Jambo75

4 minutes ago, Jambo75 said:

Rogue One was really good, and The Force Awakens was not bad when it came to setting up the new trilogy.  However, The Last Jedi was an abomination. Far too long, far too predicable, and really not that interesting. It was also plagued with continuity issues and stupid 1 person vs the world heroics. Yawn.  I'm also not sure why they're systematically killing off the old characters. Han Solo - ok I get, plus it was dramatic - but Luke could have played a far more interesting role than he did. Finn being saved by Rosie was almost laughable as was their riding of those beasts on that inconsequential mission.

Predictable?

There are many things that can be said about that movie, good and bad. But predictable is not one of them.

@cynanbloodbane I completely agree with you regarding a list with one ISD and 3 flotillas for support.  I wanted to run a similar list.  That's why I bought a third Gozanti.  It's challenging to build a list with a cool squadron compliment and a powerful ISD without the use of flotillas.  This archetype has DEFINITELY been hurt and should not have been.  There is risk inherent in running it.  With the changes to relay, which I thought were appropriate, the flotillas in this scenario are involved in the conflict in a relatively close proximity rather than from across the board.  

I also agree with you @thecactusman17.

The rule change that I have the hardest time with is the tabling rule if your one capital ship remaining is a flotilla in conjunction with the flotilla cap.  It's too much.  A flotilla can be used as an objective ship to secure points in other ways for your fleet and for fleet archetypes that aren't necessarily abusive.  They are an element to your fleet's assets that can contribute to it's success in defensive and offensive ways.  When someone takes a third of their force in squadrons, there is a risk associated with a reward related to how many resources you commit to that element.  I realize it's a game about capital ships and that if you eliminate all capital ships regardless of victory tokens that you earn with squadron resources you utilize at the risk of being tabled.  But, to add on the risk of being tabled by losing a flotilla when to support a fleet they need to be in some proximity to it?  It's just too much.   

23 minutes ago, MisterThrawn said:

@cynanbloodbane I completely agree with you regarding a list with one ISD and 3 flotillas for support.  I wanted to run a similar list.  That's why I bought a third Gozanti.  It's challenging to build a list with a cool squadron compliment and a powerful ISD without the use of flotillas.  This archetype has DEFINITELY been hurt and should not have been.  There is risk inherent in running it.  With the changes to relay, which I thought were appropriate, the flotillas in this scenario are involved in the conflict in a relatively close proximity rather than from across the board.  

I also agree with you @thecactusman17.

The rule change that I have the hardest time with is the tabling rule if your one capital ship remaining is a flotilla in conjunction with the flotilla cap.  It's too much.  A flotilla can be used as an objective ship to secure points in other ways for your fleet and for fleet archetypes that aren't necessarily abusive.  They are an element to your fleet's assets that can contribute to it's success in defensive and offensive ways.  When someone takes a third of their force in squadrons, there is a risk associated with a reward related to how many resources you commit to that element.  I realize it's a game about capital ships and that if you eliminate all capital ships regardless of victory tokens that you earn with squadron resources you utilize at the risk of being tabled.  But, to add on the risk of being tabled by losing a flotilla when to support a fleet they need to be in some proximity to it?  It's just too much.   

I've watched and played against @Capt. Griff, and he's doing fine with the flotilla nerf. I can hear your complaints about how you can't 1+3 anymore, but you have the Quasar, so you can push them. What's wrong with ISD-Quasar-Gozanti? Standard Sloane, and it's pretty solid from what I hear....