Syleh Forge

Why only 2?

23 hours ago, >kkj said:

fleets like the Fish Swarm were just ridiculous and had no thematic appeal to them, they looked more a like a garbage convoy. I had one opponent at a tournament who was just flying 5 GR75s in a line directly away from battle, spamming squadron commands over the whole map via relay and out-activating everyone so that the MC80 could go last first.

I can agree this might not have been fun to play against, but it does actually sound thematically star wars to me. One strained Mon Cal trying to keep a convoy of troops and supplies alive long enough for the Rebels to establish a new base while being harassed by Imperial forces.

I never found these fleet compositions unthematic, but how they went about being successful was annoying. But no more annoying than last first demo, or BTAvenger.

I am glad we will see more variety of fleets, but I never felt it was un-star wars.

On 4/6/2018 at 3:31 PM, Darth Sanguis said:

I really wish there was a solution other than a hard cap. I had an amazing sato fleet that needed 3 Grs to push squads. No avoidance tactics, they all did work. I feel a hard cap really screw over a very niche set of lists that had more flotillas but used them properly and not as spam. I've revised it to be tested with less squads and a Nebulon instead, but I really don't think it will be as effective. same activation, less squadron push.

Why not use expanded hangar bays?

Honestly, i wish they'd pay alittle more attention to the unused ships. You don't see very many  outside of Yavaris, make that ship useful to do something else. Even the Pelta feels a little off

Edited by buckero0

20 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Honestly, i wish they'd pay alittlw more attention to the unused ships. You don't see very many  outside of Yavaris, make that ship useful to do something else.

Yavaris and Gallant Haven nerfs mean it's time for Nebulon-B2 (or sequel era Nebulon-C) and Assault Frigate Mark 1 releases with generic titles!

16 minutes ago, svelok said:

Yavaris and Gallant Haven nerfs mean it's time for Nebulon-B2 (or sequel era Nebulon-C) and Assault Frigate Mark 1 releases with generic titles!

Or just another campaign including new titles.

I wouldn’t have minded the cap be 1/non-flotilla. I find 2 acceptable. A max limit on number was needed for the health of the game and community.

The important part to me is quality of gameplay experience. Any fleet that uses a mechanic that feels and looks like abuse (even if you argue it isn’t) is the death of fun to play against. 

I dont hear people complain that they feel like that have no way to combat a 2+2 or a 3+2. I hear a lot about how players don’t like watching activation spam because they feel there is no gameplay counter, just fleetbuilding counters. I hear a lot of complaining that fleetbuilding becomes “if you can’t beat them, join them.” These may or may not be true, but the toxic appearance is bad for the game.

So no, I do not feel that the cap or the tabling rule were heavy handed. They were needed and now we can move on to playing fun fleets and not BS 1+X fleets. 

Yeah, Id rather see a formation of three or four (YT-styled) transports on a small base show up before Resistance bombers.  Nothing says a Flotilla can't be more than two ships, and it'd still be more of a "Combat" flotilla than the (existing) transports, and feel more like the original trilogy than digging into the new one.

*edited for clarity

Edited by AegisGrimm

On 4/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, TallGiraffe said:

Why not use expanded hangar bays?

I may have to go this route, but that removes the boosted comms from each GR.... it all depends. Simple fact is the list was barely competitive before the ban, making it so in a large ship focused meta may be very difficult. 

I'll be testing it so we'll see.