Sign in to follow this  
FourDogsInaHorseSuit

Accurate cards, please, FFG.

So now that the last two Rules updates have changed the text on a bunch of cards I played with can I expect an Errata expansion pack so that I can play with cards that actually do what they say they do?
There's a whole bunch of tiny rules in this game that has rounds over an hour long, and now half them can only be known using the latest supplemental material and LOL on you if you think that after years of playing it one way I'm going to remember every time that it's been nerf'd. 

Just now, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

So now that the last two Rules updates have changed the text on a bunch of cards I played with can I expect an Errata expansion pack so that I can play with cards that actually do what they say they do?
There's a whole bunch of tiny rules in this game that has rounds over an hour long, and now half them can only be known using the latest supplemental material and LOL on you if you think that after years of playing it one way I'm going to remember every time that it's been nerf'd. 

Just print the FAQ.

It is a list of ALL card and rule changes they've added since launch.

And it's free, so you don't need to pay to correct the cards.

1 minute ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

Just as a stopgap print out the erratas and slip them into a card sleeve with the original card.

Just now, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

Why own cards if I'm just going to use proxies?

You need the cards to use them in tourney. Print out the errata, cut out the pertinent text and slip it into the protector. I used to do it with the old star wars ccg.

2 minutes ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

I don't actually know what this sentence says.

One of the changes cards is available. (Alt art Bomber Command Center has updated wording)

My sarcastic statement is the others will probably come in time, too - it’s just a few years to wait ?

Just now, ricefrisbeetreats said:

Question: could I print my fleet with all the errata and then just have a box with my cards nearby to prove I have the cards I’m using?  Because I think I’m just gonna start doing this. It sounds way easier.

Technically No.

the tournament regulations state you need to set out your cards.

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Technically No.

the tournament regulations state you need to set out your cards.

Can I set them out in a stack?  I’m not trying to be too difficult. But if the requirement is I keep up on card changes, I’m going to find the easiest way to do so. Ryan Kingston’s fleet builder allows you to build lists using the cards over just text. So if I can essentially prove I own the physical cards, but I just have 3 printed sheets that I reference, is that somehow worse?

5 minutes ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

Can I set them out in a stack?  I’m not trying to be too difficult. But if the requirement is I keep up on card changes, I’m going to find the easiest way to do so. Ryan Kingston’s fleet builder allows you to build lists using the cards over just text. So if I can essentially prove I own the physical cards, but I just have 3 printed sheets that I reference, is that somehow worse?

I can only talk rules and regulations, and not opinions, as I am not your TO.

The regulations state that cards are set out - so they are visible to your opponent. This is how you show them your list.

There is no fleet sheet. Technically, a fleet sheet in the standard regulations could be considered an outside note and thus be illegal. Because they exist to be handed to TOs, in essence, ONLY.

This is a major reason why FFG does not errata points costs in most* of their games.

*they are doing so in Destiny, as they also intend to discontinue cards as legal as well as have only limited prints, so they eventually become irrelevant.

Edited by Drasnighta

3 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I can only talk rules and regulations, and not opinions, as I am not your TO.

The regulations state that cards are set out - so they are visible to your opponent. This is how you show them your list.

There is no fleet sheet. Technically, a fleet sheet in the standard regulations could be considered an outside note and thus be illegal. Because they exist to be handed to TOs, in essence, ONLY.

This is a major reason why FFG does not errata points costs in most* of their games.

*they are doing so in Destiny, as they also intend to discontinue cards as legal as well as have only limited prints, so they eventually become irrelevant.

But you could be my TO if you really wanted to.. :)  

Hopefully they change this. I don’t mind having a requirement where you need to prove you own upgrades, but I don’t sleeve cards because it gets crazy expensive to do so.  So to me, I’d rather be able to present the most accurate version of my stuff to my opponent t because I won’t need to reference my cards almost at all during the game.

Battlefront on the regular would change things, more or less they would send out sticker packs to stores and updated the cards.

TBH with the amount of cards they have changed, it's gonna be a task in on itself...if anything they might want to set up an order system. 

"how much of x do you need, we will send you the stickers...just cover expense"

I'd be down for it...

What would people pay for 3rd party alternate art cards with proper wording?   Asking for a friend...

*edit

Would people be willing to pay $5 to participate in the vassal worlds tournament if it meant they got an alternate art card?

Edited by PartyPotato

9 minutes ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

But you could be my TO if you really wanted to.. :)  

Hopefully they change this. I don’t mind having a requirement where you need to prove you own upgrades, but I don’t sleeve cards because it gets crazy expensive to do so.  So to me, I’d rather be able to present the most accurate version of my stuff to my opponent t because I won’t need to reference my cards almost at all during the game.

If only I were paid to TO

47 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

One of the changes cards is available. (Alt art Bomber Command Center has updated wording)

My sarcastic statement is the others will probably come in time, too - it’s just a few years to wait ?

Yep, and that's great for the % of Armada players that make it to all the tournaments. The rest of us can suck it, and print our own, but can't use them if we do make it to a tournament. Hilarious!

Every single errataed card should be at least be for sale. As well as an update rule book. This is getting ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Yep, and that's great for the % of Armada players that make it to all the tournaments. The rest of us can suck it, and print our own, but can't use them if we do make it to a tournament. Hilarious!

Every single errataed card should be at least be for sale. As well as an update rule book. This is getting ridiculous.

To be fair, if this is ridiculous, we have done vastly different tolerance levels for ridiculosity .

But I also have to remember and temper that apparently, I’m a good guy... and a good to, and s good organizer...

i keep all the excess all comers cards and distribute them to people who missed the tournament if they are otherwise coming when they can... prizes can also be exchanged at equivrjabt levels with me, too...

5 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Agreed. Either new cards or stickers to place over the existing cards should be made available. As well as an updated rulebook, all of which would be either printable, or available for purchase. Privateer Press has done a great job of managing their dynamic updates in that regard.