OKAY PEEPS....I'M BACK INTO ARMADA! I'M BACK IN BALLS DEEP!

They fixed the stuff I reaaaaaaaallly friggin hated.

I faced people who would literally run 3 gonzo's and two arqs and relay the **** outta me with defenders and basically laugh at me.

NOW THE CHEESE IS GONE! THE CHEESE IS GONE! WE'VE GONE FAT FREE NOW!

Man...FFG really went after the GH/Yav/3xFlotilla list. They nerfed everything about it.

That said, I like the individual nerf attempts regarding flotilla caps, relay, and what counts for tabling...but you put them all together and it seems very heavy handed to me. If you are going to limit the number of flotillas that can be used, what is the point of not counting them for tabling? It's not like they are THAT hard to kill in the first place. With the new limits, most players will be forced to put them at risk in games anyways.

30 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Really?

Re: Bail at least: 

The Rules were there. This is literally a clarification of them, not a re write (errata)

Sorry Dras, I honestly didn't even realize I had hit quote. I was talking about the nerfs, not Bail. That was just a card explanation.

Luckily for me I never bought more than one set of Flotillas as I hated them.  Might be a good time to cruise eBay and pick up a second of each finally.  :)

Overall, I like most of the changes.  I have not been playing much lately but has Yavaris and Gallant Haven become that big an issue?  Seems surprising.

Thanks,

Duncan 

25 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

What’s really telling to me is the first 3 comments on the FB post announcing this are.... positive...

There were very few people arguing flotillas weren't a problem, so the FAQ being well received is not that surprising - it mostly clarified a bunch of stuff folks had legit questions on, in the direction that was expected, and nerfed a couple of things that were almost universally recognized as meta-warping (even if some argued in favor of the effect, it was hard to argue the effect existed).

FWIW, I think they did probably go a bit overboard with it - the relay nerf, particularly, stings a bit, and I don't think all three changes were really needed to reign in flotillas...

...but, still, it's not like flotillas are going to go away as a result.  They are still powerful - there will just be 2 per list, now, instead of eleventy.

15 minutes ago, itzSteve said:

Man...FFG really went after the GH/Yav/3xFlotilla list. They nerfed everything about it.

That said, I like the individual nerf attempts regarding flotilla caps, relay, and what counts for tabling...but you put them all together and it seems very heavy handed to me. If you are going to limit the number of flotillas that can be used, what is the point of not counting them for tabling? It's not like they are THAT hard to kill in the first place. With the new limits, most players will be forced to put them at risk in games anyways.

Realistically these were subtle nerfs, though.  So maybe you have to drop a flotilla and some other upgrades or squadrons to get a Hammerhead in there for activation padding.  Yes, the list changes a bit -  it's definitely weakened - but it is still strong and viable.  Just maybe not as one-note as it was before.

32 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Dude you are out of your mind.  They quite literarly save the games future with this fix.

Overdramatic, much! Relay is the only thing that I can remotely get behind, and it could have been countered instead of nerfed. The rest was not needed. The game was fine as it was. 

I'm a little sad about the hard cap for flotillas because I own 3 GR-75s, and when combined with the not counting for tabling rule seems a bit heavy handed. 

I'm really happy with the Relay nerf because it is the way it should have been from the start. 

Everything else in there I'm ambivalent about.