Sign in to follow this  
onebit73

Mold line heeeeelp!

Usually they’re running down the sides of the minis (from the head down the arm down the leg). For the Rebels at least, you can usually see it running along the helmet pretty easily. But some minis will be cleaner than others. 

8 hours ago, Ailowynn said:

Usually they’re running down the sides of the minis (from the head down the arm down the leg). For the Rebels at least, you can usually see it running along the helmet pretty easily. But some minis will be cleaner than others. 

Annnndddd .... on ... every ... single ... Rebel .... helmet

11 hours ago, Dash Two said:

Annnndddd .... on ... every ... single ... Rebel .... helmet

And nearly every pouch. 

I am normally meticulous about cleaning mold lines but I have given up on my second core. I am losing too much detail for all the scraping.

3 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

And nearly every pouch. 

I am normally meticulous about cleaning mold lines but I have given up on my second core. I am losing too much detail for all the scraping.

Same.  I am new to all this and detail oriented and finally threw in towel on all the leg mold lines.  

Unfortunately scraping doesn't work as well on PVC minis as it does on resin & styrene. The best way to get them off is with a fresh sharp blade and veeeeeeerrry carefully cutting them - alas it will still be a lot of effort either way, but careful cutting will at least do less damage to the model.

I haven't noticed horrid mold lines in these minis and certainly nothing you can tell once they are on a table. The slight mold lines are best left alone. Fixing them can get worse.