Cubanboy

Mistakes were made and it’s Friday.

Happy Friday.  May the article be with us!

I've never played any of my Scum ships, or about half of my Imperials or Rebels.  I'd really like to make a list I enjoy with some of my lesser played Imperial ships, like the Interceptor or Lambda shuttle, but that's not happening today. 

Happy Friday, Cubanboy and forum peeps!

If we're talking flying against opponents other than ourselves, I've only flown about half the ships I own - having not played much with Imps and only slightly more often with Rebels.  If we're talking all at once, I've only flown about half the StarVipers I own.  But one way or another, every ship I own has seen the mat at least once, if only as myself playing both sides because I may or may not have a problem....

Happy Friday!  I haven't gotten around to the CROC missions so that hasn't seen play yet.  I have at least one of everything and make a point to fly it at least once.  But I will say my rebel fleet has a much thicker layer of dust on it than my scum fleet.  Imps see the table the most.  But I haven't played much in the last month :( 

31 minutes ago, any2cards said:

I have spent more than $4K US on this game and none of it has ever been played with.  It is amazing to look at though.

Can't argue with that, but holy hootnanny!!  My main self-justification for my collection is that I actually use it for entertainment purposes.

1 hour ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I'm putting my stuff into storage for the most part and am focusing Legion  (just like FFGs preview articles :P)

Brown noser :P

I hope XWM doesn't die from Legion Heirs Disease.

2 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

I started playing when it was 12 of each :-p

At some point the rule changed

Happy Fri CubanGuy!

Yeah, it changed with the latest Epic FAQ.

Now I have way too many TIEs, Squints, Z-95s, T-65s, Scyks, and Defenders.

Of course, I probably have too much of everything, but those I have 12+ of.

As far as the OP, I have never tabled my Quadjumpers, IG-2000s, ARC-170s, Ghost/Shuttles, Auzitucks, K-Wings, Scurrg, and Resistance Bombers.  I guess it don't play Rebels much!!

(Does it count that I used Sabine's TIE as colorful Imperial TIE/lns one game??)

Edited by Darth Meanie

Two Wookie ships, my second scurgg, my 2nd protectorate. My Gozanti.

i had plans of Fenn/Teroch/Manny but nerf bat hit before I could deploy it.

The only reason my tie aggressor has seen play is I had it stand in during a HotAC game that I ran out of tie phantoms for! 

I definitely have a lot of rebel ships that I have never used.....  The nice thing about epic ships is you can use them as terrain (which unfortunately for me is generally how I have to use them).  It's amazing how much that obstacle can impact certain builds.

I've never used any of the epic ships, have one of each. Still haven't had a chance to fly the scurrg or anything from the new wave (kimolgia, sheathapide, silencer and resistance bomber). All my other ships have hit the table at least once, and I have ten tie fighters, but they haven't been in an epic game. 

I didnt get around playing my 3 phantoms... never played more than 1.

Plus, i couldnt, as of yet, let my second gozanti off the leash.

Nor my 12 ties (so far max 6).

Finally, I did not have the opportunity to unleash my 2 gunboats and 1 silencer...

I have yet to fly the Sheathipede, G-1A/Mist Hunter, or the Starviper. I keep planning to use them at least once sometime, but end up flying something else instead. One day they'll hit the table for casual fun. One day...

Although my K-Wing, Lambda, and E-Wing have been flown only once, so I personally count them a bit. Even the TIE Punisher has seen more playtime for me than any of those three ships.

2 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Brown noser :P

I hope XWM doesn't die from Legion Heirs Disease.

I'm 100% certain it won't, for me it is just a question of hobby time. I haven't played X-Wing irl in months because it is pretty difficult for me to free up the 3 hours I need to get to the tabletop club and then I still need to find an opponent (of which there aren't many left) who also is free. If I can't play X-Wing, there is nothing I get from it recreationaly (well, list building, but eh). It is much easier to have half an hour every once in a while throughout the day to paint Legion minis for me and I won't be less likely to find players.

I've spent far more on this game than I honestly care to admit; added to that I haven't played with most of my ships.  Unfortunately Star Wars: X-Wing has turned into more of a collection than a game for me.  Which is kind of okay since that is how I got into it.  The bright side is because it's a collection I've pretty much stopped spending anything it.

I guess if we're talking about individual models, I have duplicates of most Scum ships that haven't simultaneously hit the table, from Zs to a second Jumpmaster and YV-666. Never put both Punishers on the table simultaneously either, though I highly recommend everyone try Deathrain with bomblets and the trajectory simulator just for fun!

I have run my three Punishers at the same time and it wasn't just when we ran @heychadwick and the Shuttle's men Epic Punisher mission (which is awesome by the way). So yeah, I run everything I have; good or no save my K-Wing....haven't yet. However, I do not own a lot of the last two Waves, so I'm behind a bit. Still love my Interceptors the best in squads of three or four. To follow @Cubanboy's Scummy Friday push, I received a CROC for Christmas and have run it twice; it's a great ship with Maul and Zuck; have fun!!! It's great and probably my most favorite Epic ship behind the Gozanti with four TIE/LNs or TIE/SAs.

I think I've used everything except my TIE Silencer.  Because even though I collect every Imperial TIE, I don't usually like to play First Order.

I own 4 TIE Defenders, even though there's no way to use 4 in a normal game.

I've never had a 24 TIE Fighter problem though because I make sure not to own more of a ship than there are unique pilots for it.  Not that there's a chance of that because I only own 6 TIE Fighters even though there's 9 unique pilots atm.

I have at least one of everything. I've flow each ship type at least once with the exception of:

Kimogila

Sheathapide

Resistance Bomber

U-wing

None of my epics have been officially flown but a few have been used for obstacles or custom scenario games. I prob have several individual models that have not seen the tables.

Happy weekend!

Far too many mistakes were made...

But most of my ships I or at least my kids have flown.

Only exception is my 2 K-wings. Never flew them.

Then not every model has been flown, as I have amongst others also 6 Kihraxzes (2 still unpainted and thus not flown), 6 Scyks (2 in painting queue), 11(?) TIE fighters (8 flown together) - got unexpectedly more as suddenly a Gozanti was on offer :/

Have I mentioned that I like painting? 

Many of the models I bought for painting, so I have e.g. a Partisan X-wing (made before Saw pack was revealed...) or modding, 2 of the TIEs ended like this:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/221312-managarmrs-creative-corner/?do=findComment&comment=3251240

Edited by Managarmr
grammar

To add to this post,

So I think I have at least three of every rebel small, two of each scum. I have not played with any of the scum ships with the exception of Scrrgs.

Rebels get played a little more Because of HOTAC so let’s say for rebels nothing after wave 7 (exception Wookiee because there amazing in HOTAC) 

I have played every combination of 100 points for same type imp ships, (exception Phantoms) and 7 T65s in an epic game one time.

Edited by Cubanboy