Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

19 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

Yeah. Best I've ever done in a tournament so far. Top 4 in a major event? I'll take that anytime. I got a complete set of templates, range rulers and 20 shield tokens. Super happy with my performance this weekend.

Way to go, dude.  Top 4 with a list that requires decisions is amazing.

1 hour ago, ElricStormbringer said:

It was great watching you play three times this weekend. You did really well and it is a list I love a ton. Congratulations on the amazing job you did, well flown!

Thanks. I figured I wouldn't make it out of Phase 1. Instead I made it all the way to the Semi-Finals by doing what it says on my templates (now replaced with sweet, sweet swag ?)....Fly Casual and enjoy the ride.

@T70 Driver huge props this weekend, great flying! Saw your three games on stream and I am glad to say that I am now picking up a second Silencer to run this list a little these next few months. Tried it out online today. Total blast. You guys are on to something here eh?

9 minutes ago, VoltronGoldfish said:

Tried this list for the first time today. Just gotta say wow. It's a super fun list that has answered the question of flying something slightly janky but competitive at the same time.

Where can I find videos of T70 driver in action? I checked gold squadron this morning but I can't see anything 

I think they will be posted today or tomorrow after Dion gets a chance to edit and upload them.

2 hours ago, VoltronGoldfish said:

Tried this list for the first time today. Just gotta say wow. It's a super fun list that has answered the question of flying something slightly janky but competitive at the same time.

Where can I find videos of T70 driver in action? I checked gold squadron this morning but I can't see anything 

I asked him that question. He told me they should be up today.

I just finished my last league game in the Vassal League (Core Worlds, Alderaan Division).  I played all 8 games with the identical Quickdraw and 2 Silencers list being discussed here, finished 6-2 with okay MOV.  If anyone is interested, you can check out the vassal logs of all my games in the link below.  

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/league_player?player_id=1905

11 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Who would have ever thought that the generic silencer would be the strong one. 

What are the poor matchups for this? 

What should the opening engagement look like? 

At 32pts behind 6 health with double action economy it’s basically an offensive Defender. You could probably do something similar with the SFs but the dials and lack of boost prevent some of the blocking possibility, not to mention autothrusters. 

Kylo Ren is still strong, but these are pretty good at 32pts. 

40 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

I am not sure if I know “poor matchups” to say, any meta list can beat this list but if you play smart you can beat any meta list with it. It’s strength and weakness are the same, it’s player decision. 

Usually you want to  get all guns on a target without leaving any one ship fully exposed, or preferably if one ship is facing concentrated fire, it’s not QuickDraw. That’s because even if a silencer is exposed, it probably won’t be their main concern due to how much people recognize QuickDraw as a threat. I try to start an engagement with. QuickDraw close to the obstacles, one silencer flanking, and another engaging inbetween the two somewhere. Of course make sure all have focus banked and if you can lock instead of reposition would be key. But of course if you need to boost or barrel don’t be afraid to. 

The goal is to get ahead on points before something dies. The silencers tank great and can really move so trading QuickDraw for a bigger chunk of their squad is how I find a lot of games going

1 hour ago, DodgingArcs said:

At 32pts behind 6 health with double action economy it’s basically an offensive Defender. You could probably do something similar with the SFs but the dials and lack of boost prevent some of the blocking possibility, not to mention autothrusters.

I’ve actually tried running the same QuickDraw with 2 mid-generic sfs with fcs, lwf, optics, title, and draw their fire. The idea being to spread around crits to help keep QuickDraw shields up longer (or keep the genetics alive longer if they get shot). 

Works okay. Depends what you’re up against. As expected, the sfs are significantly worse against turrets than the silencers are. First vassal match I loaded the list up, my opponent brought dash... didn’t go well. Immediately after was gonna try again. Opponent also loaded up cash, so I went with the silencer version instead. Wasn’t playing it against dash twice in a row. Shockingly, silencers did way better there...

2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

This has been my "only" list for awhile now that lives my box; and it will be my only list till 2.0 is out.

The worst match ups; i've had is bombs; and that's my own stupid fault for grouping them together;

general rules i follow;

Double Silencers together in pair; engage at R3 and then try for R1 or run away and have quickdraw stroll in; people will be trying (normally to take a silencer of board) , also once FCS is on and you have focus spam the red moves.

For Bombs and Harpoons; spread them R1 apart and repeat above, but for 'Poon dive bomb into R1 (yeah you run risk of taking a bomb, but Miranda isn't a fan of 4 x 3 Primary with Lock and focus)

6 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

The Silencer really benefited from some good internal balance.  You really paid points for the higher PS versions, so those weren't no-brainer choices.  As far as matchups go, I haven't really found terrible ones.  I'd say that any ships thatare really punchy and also have a higher PS can be tough, but that's usually stuff like Pure Sabacc or certain Gunboat builds, which aren't especially strong against the field.  The high offense combined with a great defensive profile and amazing dial really make them good against lots of stuff.

Opening engagements depend a lot on your opposition.  The Silencers are good at all ranges thanks to Autothrusters, so you try to put yourself where your opponent is weakest. Often, though Range 2 is the range to avoid the most, because you don't get defensive bonuses and you don't get the offensive threat of all those 4 dice TL/Focus attacks.  With that dial it's pretty easy to avoid R1, though. 

7 hours ago, SOTL said:

And potentially 2.0 ready, once the First Order stuff comes in wave 2.

Man, I hope so.  I'm super curious about what direction they'll take the Silencer.  They have little more room to move with the faction split.  Part of me thinks it cant be made too good, though, or you'll have the equivalent of Vader in a Defender.  

2 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Man, I hope so.  I'm super curious about what direction they'll take the Silencer.  They have little more room to move with the faction split.  Part of me thinks it cant be made too good, though, or you'll have the equivalent of Vader in a Defender.  

yah, I'm really curious what happens to both the silencer and the SF.  Partly becuase a large part of why they're so good right now is hte upgrades.  FCS + optics means you can almost always be fully modified (focus early, TL first round of combat if you don't need reposition,t hen FCS keeps up TL for you to focus as needed), LWF on Quickdraw gives him the third agility agianst *almost* everything played right now, plus the autothrusters on the silencers for extra defense.  In 2e, at a minimum we lose autothrusters and FCS changes.  We don't know if LWF will be in the game at all (or if they'll give the SF 3 agility?), so quickdraw could possibly effectively lose a defense die, on top of not knowing if his ability will come back in tact (it's possible since dengar's did, if on a worse chassis than before).  And we have no idea if optics will return.  I haven't decided if I think it will or not.  Thye've been moving away from the super easy passive mods, but optics doesn't give permanent focus or anything, it just lets you set up one early and keep it around if not used, making it similar to the e-wing's ship ability.  E-wing can get the same basic effect by TLing round 1 and focusing for the first round of combat.

Side note: I wonder if the quadjumper keeps it's tech slot.  If so, we should presumably get some tech upgrades in the scum conversion kit.  If not, we probably odn't see anything about tech until wave 2...

Edited by VanderLegion

5 hours ago, Biophysical said:

My 2 cents, I guess it depends on which style Silencer they go with. Do they make the hyper mobile Kylo style Silencer, or do they go with the super action efficient generics we know and love? They could do both like in 1.0 but with their emphasis on toning things down, I doubt it.

On 5/27/2018 at 11:00 PM, T70 Driver said:

Thanks. I figured I wouldn't make it out of Phase 1. Instead I made it all the way to the Semi-Finals by doing what it says on my templates (now replaced with sweet, sweet swag ?)....Fly Casual and enjoy the ride.

Just saw the video. Great flying. Even the last match was hard fought.