Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

Finally got to put this on the table.  I went with a Wired/HLC/Linked Batteries/LRS Karsabi instead of QD, not because I think he's better, but because he's different.  I've flown QD some, I know how they do, and if I'm not trying to win a tournament, I'd rather experiment with something I haven't flown much, that's still a heavy hitter.

Really fun ship, the SJA.

What I really ought to do, though, is fly it with a control Gunboat.  I'd call the list: Analysis Paralysis.

13 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

Currently at KublaCon for the Mandalore system open using this list. Went 3-0 in Phase 1 and 2-1 in Phase 2, losing to Nathan Wide in game 4. I'm so tired but very stoked to be in Phase 3 tomorrow. 

Saw part of your game against Nathan and wondered if it was someone from this thread.  Good job and good luck!

40 minutes ago, AlexW said:

Saw part of your game against Nathan and wondered if it was someone from this thread.  Good job and good luck!

Thanks. Came in 7th overall. But, since there are only 8 slots with 10 people qualifying for phase 3, 7th through 10th have to play an extra round for the last 2 spots in the single elimination tourney.

Edited by T70 Driver

2 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

Thanks. Came in 7th overall. But, since there are only 8 slots with 10 people qualifying for phase 3, 7th through 10th have to play an extra round for the last 2 spots in the single elimination tourney.

You’re in the single elimination. 1-6 just got byes into the second round. 

(No one sees this on the first pass, in my experience, even though it’s the same system the NFL uses)

8 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

Good luck man, we're all pulling for you!

7 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

You’re in the single elimination. 1-6 just got byes into the second round. 

(No one sees this on the first pass, in my experience, even though it’s the same system the NFL uses)

True. No matter how I look at it I have to play an extra game today. If I win that I get to go up against one of the two 6-0 players from yesterday. If I beat him I get a set of templates for top 4.

3 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

True. No matter how I look at it I have to play an extra game today. If I win that I get to go up against one of the two 6-0 players from yesterday. If I beat him I get a set of templates for top 4.

Turns out I don't have to play the extra game after all. One of the finalists had to drop, leaving 9 players for 8 slots. I finished 7th overall, giving me a bye.

Edited by T70 Driver

10 minutes ago, tron999 said:

twitch.tv/goldsquadronpodcast

also, nooooo! Randy, some crazy shooting there.

Yeah. Best I've ever done in a tournament so far. Top 4 in a major event? I'll take that anytime. I got a complete set of templates, range rulers and 20 shield tokens. Super happy with my performance this weekend.