Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

So what do you think this list will look like in 2.0, or will it even be buildable? We already know FCS is different. Also Autothrusters will not exist.

What's really killing me is that we'll have to wait for wave 2 to even find out what The First Order will be like.

Edited by DXCrazytrain

20 minutes ago, apoapsis said:

The forums need more of this wholesome thread. Was pleased to see this list on stream yesterday, anyone know if anyone made Day 2 with it?

Yes, see last post on p.5!  #4 on Day1A

Edit:  I'm not sure about whomever was on stream yesterday.

Edited by AlexW

2 hours ago, AlexW said:

Doh, skimmed through and saw a bunch of 2.0 posts and completely missed that. Good luck today!

3 hours ago, apoapsis said:

The forums need more of this wholesome thread. Was pleased to see this list on stream yesterday, anyone know if anyone made Day 2 with it?

3 hours ago, AlexW said:

Which stream? Gold Squadron?

I really enjoy flying this list but I am not too hot about Quickdraw,

do you consider any other options as viable? I have come up with these:

- Inquisitor+Harpoon

- Another Silencer

- Vader

or you could upgrade the silencers with Debris Gambit and add Omega Leader. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, TzazikiMann said:

- Inquisitor+Harpoon

- Another Silencer

- Vader

or you could upgrade the silencers with Debris Gambit and add Omega Leader. Any ideas?

These all look like reasonable ideas. Quickdraw has a lot of specific value in the list though - PS 11 is a real perk in the game currently, and her pilot ability gives you one or two turns of effectively having the damage output of an additional ship.  That said, her lack of Autothrusters is quite noticeable, so I'd explore ships that can take Autothrusters as a first port of call for potential replacements. 

A third Silencer is a really tempting idea just for the look of the thing, although the options are slightly awkwardly priced. Kylo or Blackout are too expensive to fit in the list with any reasonable loadout, and you've only got one point free for an EPT on a First Order Test Pilot if you assume the standard FCS/AO/AT loadout. 

The Inquisitor is probably your best best of the options you've suggested, although I'd probably go for Proton Rockets over Harpoons for that extra Range 1 punch.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:24 PM, DXCrazytrain said:

So what do you think this list will look like in 2.0, or will it even be buildable? We already know FCS is different. Also Autothrusters will not exist.

What's really killing me is that we'll have to wait for wave 2 to even find out what The First Order will be like.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I'd bet we'll see a version of it in 2.0.  Autothrusters are gone, but will no longer be needed.  The AGI3 6 hit point profile is really strong against what will probably be singly modified attacks.  FCS is still good.  Optics is probably gone, but there might be a solid alternative.  In general, I expect the Silencer will continue to be a strong, fast jouster, but the oft repeated points caveat applies, of course.  The low PS one just doesn't seem to have any of the really nasty mechanics that are getting dumped, aside from Autothrusters, which was only important because of omniturrets.

I'm a lot less certain about Quickdraw, but she was only in that slot because she was the best ship at that price range and PS11 was terrifically valuable.  I'd bet there are a few plausible options when 2.0 hits.  

There's a lot we don't know, but the fast jouster is an archetype that based on initial impressions hasn't been gutted in the same way as token stackers and turrets.

9 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

There's a lot we don't know, but the fast jouster is an archetype that based on initial impressions hasn't been gutted in the same way as token stackers and turrets.

Im genuinely interested to see how the Tie SF in particular and the First Order in general evolves with 2.0. Three solid small base Imperial ships has always been my favorite play style and I think its fair to assume that the First Order will be the place to be to continue running this kinda stuff. 

Though Vader/Inquisitor + Krennic Reaper is something I hope fits and cant wait to try out.

Edited by Boom Owl

6 hours ago, TzazikiMann said:

- Inquisitor+Harpoon

- Another Silencer

- Vader

I'm finding Quickdraw, while having a great pilot ability, is too easy of a target with her 2 agility and no Autothrusters, even with Lightweight Frame. I've also found there are times, when setting a dial for QD, needing her to have the Silencer dial instead of the one she has. I'm replacing QD with a PS6 Silencer with VI, Autothrusters, FCS and Advanced Optics. Both ships are 36 points so it's a simple swap in the list.

Edited by T70 Driver

32 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

I'm finding Quickdraw, while having a great pilot ability, is too easy of a target with her 2 agility and no Autothrusters, even with Lightweight Frame. I've also found there are times, when setting a dial for QD, needing her to have the Silencer dial instead of the one she has. I'm replacing QD with a PS6 Silencer with VI, Autothrusters, FCS and Advanced Optics. Both ships are 36 points so it's a simple swap in the list.

I think although QuickDraw is the easiest to kill, it has such a great chance of blasting a ship out of your opponents squad that it’s really ok if he dies, as long as you have killed more of their points. But you need a hammer, and I’m kinda afraid the list without a hammer starts to have a harder time in the end.

thar being said if you wanted to double down on efficiency you could go lone wolf ryad, still pretty stress resistant (more so then the inquisitor) and will tank tons of damage. Her ps sucks but that has never stopped her from being super efficient. Vessery is another nice replacement that is a little of both worlds, very defensive but also offensive

6 minutes ago, FrightfulCommand said:

Makes it so hard to choose between Silencers and Defenders, I haven't flown my defenders much. 

Lately also this list seems a little one dimensional. Bait them into attacking the silencers, who generally move and action. 

For me, the choice to go Silencers over Defenders is not hard at all.  In the low PS comparison, the Silencers just bring so much more in 1.0.  FCS, Optics, and Autothrusters are all among the best upgrades in the game, and the dial is not remotely comparable.  At higher PS levels, it's not quite as cut and dry, but generics are not close.

On 5/13/2018 at 4:27 AM, TzazikiMann said:

- Inquisitor+Harpoon

- Another Silencer

- Vader

Generally, I think that Quickdraw gives you something that another silencer doesn't in the increased firepower in the list.   The other options are viable, but PS 11 and burst damage is something that those other options cannot combine.    I looked at this after my three losses at World's to figure out whether another option would have been better, but my conclusion was they they were worse in all three scenarios and would have also been lended to tougher matchups in some of my victories.   

20 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

I'm finding Quickdraw, while having a great pilot ability, is too easy of a target with her 2 agility and no Autothrusters, even with Lightweight Frame

Quickdraw should be a terrible target by virtue of her ability.   The way I tend to fly the list, if an opponent goes for Quickdraw I tend to accept it and put QD in position to do as much damage as possible.  Generally, they are ceding position in favor of going after her and end up badly damaged with the Silencers likely in good position to finish the game (and they have in a quite a few scenarios).  

Both of these responses are just in my experience, of course, so I have a hard time seeing a preference for one of the other options based on that, at least the way I fly the list and the strengths/weakness that lends itself to.  

18 hours ago, Biophysical said:

For me, the choice to go Silencers over Defenders is not hard at all.  In the low PS comparison, the Silencers just bring so much more in 1.0.  FCS, Optics, and Autothrusters are all among the best upgrades in the game, and the dial is not remotely comparable.  At higher PS levels, it's not quite as cut and dry, but generics are not close.

Completely agree.  I flew defenders A LOT once the veteran's pack came out.  I love them.  But I love the Silencers a lot more for all of the reasons you stated.  Autothrusters are a must have for survivability in this meta and the dial is a thing of beauty.  No, they don't have white 4-K's, but I'll take a white 1 turn and a boost as a good consolation prize.  Especially when I'm already banking a TL and Focus from the previous round.

36 minutes ago, AlexW said:

Quickdraw should be a terrible target by virtue of her ability.   The way I tend to fly the list, if an opponent goes for Quickdraw I tend to accept it and put QD in position to do as much damage as possible.  Generally, they are ceding position in favor of going after her and end up badly damaged with the Silencers likely in good position to finish the game (and they have in a quite a few scenarios).  

Both of these responses are just in my experience, of course, so I have a hard time seeing a preference for one of the other options based on that, at least the way I fly the list and the strengths/weakness that lends itself to.  

They are also my experience as well.  The Silencers are almost always my planned closers.  Quickdraw does as much damage to an important target as possible, and usually dies.

On 5/14/2018 at 6:12 AM, AlexW said:

Generally, I think that Quickdraw gives you something that another silencer doesn't in the increased firepower in the list.   The other options are viable, but PS 11 and burst damage is something that those other options cannot combine.    I looked at this after my three losses at World's to figure out whether another option would have been better, but my conclusion was they they were worse in all three scenarios and would have also been lended to tougher matchups in some of my victories.   

I don't have as much experience with the list as you so I will defer to your analysis of the list's performance, keeping QD in the list, and saving the triple Silencers for Hangar Bay events.

I have a couple of questions regarding this list...

1. What is your normal setup? I've been setting up my Silencers in a corner for a flank rush while QD moves up the center poised to jump on my opponent if he goes after my flankers.

2. What obstacles are you using and what setup have you found to work best?

35 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

I don't have as much experience with the list as you so I will defer to your analysis of the list's performance, keeping QD in the list, and saving the triple Silencers for Hangar Bay events.

I have a couple of questions regarding this list...

1. What is your normal setup? I've been setting up my Silencers in a corner for a flank rush while QD moves up the center poised to jump on my opponent if he goes after my flankers.

2. What obstacles are you using and what setup have you found to work best?

1) My most common set up is one silencer on each side banked toward the middle at a 45 degree angle (allowing for banks to move along either board edge).   Quickdraw usually sets up next to the silencer that is opposite my opponent.  If I don't have a good sense of where my opponent is setting up, QD ends up in the middle aligned with a rock straight ahead.    The silencer often breaks off from Quickdraw while Quickdraw takes a more direct/shorter approach and creating three angles of attack. 

2)  I use two big obstacles and one medium obstacle.  I usually try to clump things in the middle (the silencers are so maneuverable that they tend to be problematic for my opponent). That's unless I am playing against a tractor beam list, where I put the big rocks in corners at 3x3 to give a large space to fight and prevent the tractor beams from having a significant effect.

Hope that helps.

3 minutes ago, AlexW said:

1) My most common set up is one silencer on each side banked toward the middle at a 45 degree angle (allowing for banks to move along either board edge).   Quickdraw usually sets up next to the silencer that is opposite my opponent.  If I don't have a good sense of where my opponent is setting up, QD ends up in the middle aligned with a rock straight ahead.    The silencer often breaks off from Quickdraw while Quickdraw takes a more direct/shorter approach and creating three angles of attack. 

2)  I use two big obstacles and one medium obstacle.  I usually try to clump things in the middle (the silencers are so maneuverable that they tend to be problematic for my opponent). That's unless I am playing against a tractor beam list, where I put the big rocks in corners at 3x3 to give a large space to fight and prevent the tractor beams from having a significant effect.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I'll give that setup a try tonight.

I use big rocks and try to group them close so that about half the board is open and half is a tight mess. Since the Silencers are usually the first ships placed I put them on the boundary of the open space and the rocks. That way I can choose to joust in the open or run through the rocks depending on what I'm facing and where they set up. QD usually gets placed last and her position is determined by whether I'm jousting or running.

If I'm facing 3 ships or less I try to joust. 4 or more, especially X-Wings, I try to pull them through the rocks, for cover and to break up their formation.

Either way, setting up your kill box is the most important thing. My first 2 losses were a direct result of not keeping my ships together and having the one on its own get deleted early.

Anyway, those are my tactics and experiences, but there are much better pilots than I that fly this and I will defer to them.

I’ve been flying the list with debris’s because really the list functions great without actions if you set up right, not that I run though them often but I like the option to and it almost always throws off my opponent. There is advantages to rocks of course but since there are so many passive mods I find this list is as good stressed as anything else out there