Jump to content
Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AlexW said:

I'm still playing it and will be bringing it to World's.  I'm now at around 20 games with it and I've only lost around four.   A recent loss was to RAC Quickdraw and that was largely because I was taking some risks I shouldn't have at the end (I had QD and a Silencer against his QD) and some very good rolls by his own QD.     I'm a bit concerned about the Strezra+Miranda+Low as I haven't played against it yet, but I have a couple of plans against those and hopefully I'll get a chance to test them out.   

Agreed, I haven't played anything else since I put this on the table, it's so much fun. 

 

I have yet to feel like I've lost a game in the list building stage. Out of about 15-20 games I've lost 3.  The absolute best part about this list, is that I can point out exactly where I've beaten myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Was wondering if people have been playing this recently. I'm only able to get in a couple games a week so I kind of wanted to live vicariously through others that are flying this.

It's so much fun to fly as well as being strong and efficient, I really think it might be my favorite list ever.

I know I haven't felt this way about a list since I was flying double HLC Defenders.  The archetype feels about perfect for me.

I've been running it in the Vassal League (Deep Core).  I'm 3-1, and the loss involved 13 total hits (after mods), 6 hits before mods.  That game went the full 19 turns.

Edited by Biophysical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlexW said:

I'm still playing it and will be bringing it to World's.  I'm now at around 20 games with it and I've only lost around four.   A recent loss was to RAC Quickdraw and that was largely because I was taking some risks I shouldn't have at the end (I had QD and a Silencer against his QD) and some very good rolls by his own QD.     I'm a bit concerned about the Strezra+Miranda+Low as I haven't played against it yet, but I have a couple of plans against those and hopefully I'll get a chance to test them out.   

I won our weeknight tournament with quickdraw/double silencer last week.  Last match was against stressra/miranda/low.  Definitely the hardest match I had (to be fair, match two was against triple T-70 with no poe, so...not the hardest match ever).  First round of combat miranda was out of range to attack, so we traded 1 shield on a silencer for 1 shield on ezra.  Second round, Miranda one-shot quickdraw with her homing missile (4 hits and a crit, blanked out defense, drew a major explosion and rolled a hit).  In return I just barely killed miranda between quickdraws 2 shots and the two silencers (lowhhrick drew off 2 crits, c3po for 1 evade, reinforce token for another.  Final shot had 2 crits, the one low couldn't draw off was a direct hit to exactly kill her).  Ended up with 2 silencers vs ezra/low and went to time with nothing else dying, so I won on points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

I won our weeknight tournament with quickdraw/double silencer last week.  Last match was against stressra/miranda/low.  Definitely the hardest match I had (to be fair, match two was against triple T-70 with no poe, so...not the hardest match ever).  First round of combat miranda was out of range to attack, so we traded 1 shield on a silencer for 1 shield on ezra.  Second round, Miranda one-shot quickdraw with her homing missile (4 hits and a crit, blanked out defense, drew a major explosion and rolled a hit).  In return I just barely killed miranda between quickdraws 2 shots and the two silencers (lowhhrick drew off 2 crits, c3po for 1 evade, reinforce token for another.  Final shot had 2 crits, the one low couldn't draw off was a direct hit to exactly kill her).  Ended up with 2 silencers vs ezra/low and went to time with nothing else dying, so I won on points.

This sounds like a lot of things didn’t really go your way.   I’m also surprised the two silencers couldn’t finish off one of the other ships.   Was it stress control or just low providing support for Ezra?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexW said:

This sounds like a lot of things didn’t really go your way.   I’m also surprised the two silencers couldn’t finish off one of the other ships.   Was it stress control or just low providing support for Ezra?

I'm wondering the same thing.  I've found the Silencers to be great against Low.  He can't reposition, and they do such consistent damage that the reinforce usually can't keep up and he just gets chewed apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, things didn't go well for EITHER of us that one round.  I was really lucky in killing miranda, just as he was lucky one-shotting quickdraw.  But even if he hadn't beeen one-shot quickdraw probably would have died that round.  And yah, the stress control hurt.  Since quickdraw DID die to miranda, he was able to double stress one silencer (he snapshotted when the silencer moved), and that silencer ended up with 3 hull and no tokens with 2 stress, so he spent quite a few rounds just trying to get out of combat to clear stress and make his way back around.  The other one was following lowhhrick as best he could, but was at a weird angle from bumping at one point and kept ending up with lowhhrick just out of arc if I wanted to avoid being in HIS arc.  In the end I probably could have killed one or both with more time (only 60 minute rounds).  The damaged silencer had just finally made it back to the fight the final round before time was called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I picked up a second Silencer last night and put down 2 of the PS6 guys + OL and really enjoyed it.

My specific list was Test Pilot + Intensity + AO + FCS + AT  (x 2)

OL + ASTS + AO + Hull upgrade.  

It was a hoot to fly.  I can see the engagements in my head with this list vs a lot of stuff out there.  NymMiranda gives me nightmares.  Nym *feels* like the target to try and take out first and get some points and Trajected bombs off the board.  But not sure.

The other one I have *no* idea how to crack is 4 x Wookies.  Especially if they fortress.  I guess the play is token up and try to come in as close to the board edge as possible and try to whittle one down from the edge to break the fortress then.  I have no idea how to approach that one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, viedit said:

So I picked up a second Silencer last night and put down 2 of the PS6 guys + OL and really enjoyed it.

My specific list was Test Pilot + Intensity + AO + FCS + AT  (x 2)

OL + ASTS + AO + Hull upgrade.  

It was a hoot to fly.  I can see the engagements in my head with this list vs a lot of stuff out there.  NymMiranda gives me nightmares.  Nym *feels* like the target to try and take out first and get some points and Trajected bombs off the board.  But not sure.

The other one I have *no* idea how to crack is 4 x Wookies.  Especially if they fortress.  I guess the play is token up and try to come in as close to the board edge as possible and try to whittle one down from the edge to break the fortress then.  I have no idea how to approach that one.  

My idea was to put expertise on both and run OL with only asts.

Edited by DXCrazytrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

My idea was to put expertise on both and run OL with only asts.

Between the rise of a stress heavy meta and a ultra-frail OL I'm not sure I dig that build.  I understand where you are coming from but it seems really vulnerable to a large amount of the current meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, viedit said:

Between the rise of a stress heavy meta and a ultra-frail OL I'm not sure I dig that build.  I understand where you are coming from but it seems really vulnerable to a large amount of the current meta.

Oh I agree. It was just my idea for the PS6 Silencers because I love expertise. The PS4s and VI QD is still my first choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played against two PS4 silencers + Ryad. Those silencers are like the nazgul in lord of rings, scary to see them coming at you and not sure what to expect.

My only saving grace was I had Manaroo with an EMP and got a barrel roll in range of both silencers, setting up Fenn and Thweek for a double range 1 attack the next round, taking it out.

Playing against it though, makes me really want to try it. For 32pts, its hard to go wrong with those ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wurms said:

I played against two PS4 silencers + Ryad. Those silencers are like the nazgul in lord of rings, scary to see them coming at you and not sure what to expect.

My only saving grace was I had Manaroo with an EMP and got a barrel roll in range of both silencers, setting up Fenn and Thweek for a double range 1 attack the next round, taking it out.

Playing against it though, makes me really want to try it. For 32pts, its hard to go wrong with those ships.

They are amazingly fun and really are great ships. I have been flying the qd version because the extra firepower serves the list great because if you kill enough of their list, you can just run with the two silencers and they are really a 64 point fortress. 

I have put thought into the ryad version because QuickDraw goes down very often because you really want to take advantage of his firepower, how was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can roflstomp your opponent when flown well and also punish your every mistake, but either way you're having a blast. In my latest game, a bump and a rock deleted any chance of victory for me but had they cleared the game would have been much different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheOz said:

They are amazingly fun and really are great ships. I have been flying the qd version because the extra firepower serves the list great because if you kill enough of their list, you can just run with the two silencers and they are really a 64 point fortress. 

I have put thought into the ryad version because QuickDraw goes down very often because you really want to take advantage of his firepower, how was it?

The 2 reasons I've stuck with QD are the PS11 and the firepower. With all the hotcop and regen around the firepower is gold and PS11 keeps you in the PS race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

The 2 reasons I've stuck with QD are the PS11 and the firepower. With all the hotcop and regen around the firepower is gold and PS11 keeps you in the PS race.

That’s basically been my thought process as well, he is the best imperial ship right now. I just like ryad and her ability to be as Tanky as the silencers, but qd has served me great and I have more games in with this list then I can keep track of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheOz said:

They are amazingly fun and really are great ships. I have been flying the qd version because the extra firepower serves the list great because if you kill enough of their list, you can just run with the two silencers and they are really a 64 point fortress. 

I have put thought into the ryad version because QuickDraw goes down very often because you really want to take advantage of his firepower, how was it?

Very tanky :lol:

Had two nazgul down the left, and countess flanking from the right. I killed one silencer and he got manaroo so i won 32-30. Ptl fenn and thweek danced around the sencer for the most part, but with fcs and that **** focus token, have to be real cautious about the silencers kturn ability wasnt ever sure if he was gonna run so I dont get range 1 or kturn and i might go to fast and end up range 2. So had to play it safe with my fragile aces.

Ryad lost her shields on a blank out to a range 1 fenn. She woulda ate a crit but lone wolf prevailed.

I think QD would have been more of a problem, cause then Fenn isnt top dog.

Edited by wurms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 4:16 PM, VanderLegion said:

I won our weeknight tournament with quickdraw/double silencer last week.  Last match was against stressra/miranda/low.  Definitely the hardest match I had (to be fair, match two was against triple T-70 with no poe, so...not the hardest match ever).  First round of combat miranda was out of range to attack, so we traded 1 shield on a silencer for 1 shield on ezra.  Second round, Miranda one-shot quickdraw with her homing missile (4 hits and a crit, blanked out defense, drew a major explosion and rolled a hit).  In return I just barely killed miranda between quickdraws 2 shots and the two silencers (lowhhrick drew off 2 crits, c3po for 1 evade, reinforce token for another.  Final shot had 2 crits, the one low couldn't draw off was a direct hit to exactly kill her).  Ended up with 2 silencers vs ezra/low and went to time with nothing else dying, so I won on points.

Lol. Official new name: 

QD 2 nazguls

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave this list a try last night, a 6-man tournament. This list is... fun !

QD is QD. The two silencers are good at tanking, punching and blocking. I won against Kylo/OL/Mangler Nu, Timewalk Assaj/Ketsu and Vessery/Countdown/Karsaby. Not top tier lists but played by much better players than myself.

My planned list for the next open was triple TIE/sf with crackshot (QD, Backdraft and an Omega Specialist). Now I am confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...