Jump to content
Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, hawk32 said:

So played this at the cac today for the first time... went 4-2... lost to low/strezra/miranda and kylo/qd/tie academy my last two games.   Neither of those games felt unwinnable, just need a bit more practice with the list.  It's a lot of fun to play, and fun to actually care about arcs on a low ps ship and not feel like you've got a massive disadvantage before turn 0.

I did the same!

 

I faced Rey/Low, Lothal/U-Wing Cassian/Streszra, QD/Vader/Nu, Crimson Specialist + 2 Crimson Crimson Squadron Pilot (all TS + Proton Bombs, Bomblets on Specialist), Howard Aces 2.0, Dalan Oberos + 2 Kimogilas (all Harpoons/Deadeye).

 

Rey/Low -- Did my best to block or avoid Rey while concentrating on Low.  In the end I killed Low and put half HP on Rey with one Silencer surviving.  Win 69-68.

 

Howard Aces 2.0 -- He started with Quiz in one corner and QD/Yorr in the other.  I had the opportunity to go fast and make a pass at Quiz before coming around on Yorr and QD.  My opponent didn't expect me to move so fast after the first round and I caught his QD/Yorr castling an extra round.  The pass on Quiz should have gone better, I made a poor choice on going for a bump.  Quiz lost 1 shield, one Silencer lost 1 shield.  Came around the rock at 2 x 2 from the edge and jousted the Shuttle + QD.  Quiz continued disnegaging, and by the time he came back around the shuttle died to the action economy of this list.  A couple well placed blocks and QD's rear arc put Quiz down (R1 double tap between Yorr & Quiz AND Double Tap Revenge shot--throwing 12 dice from one ship is super fun).  The game ended with one Silencer chasing his QD, and ending the game on a Hit/Crit -- Direct Hit -- to win 100-68.

 

QD/Vader/Nu -- Moved fast against his Nu (all alone on one side) forced him to SLAM out and away.  He assumed I'd chase and turned around to trap Vader.  3-Ship killboxes set up 3 rounds in a row, Vader rolled all natural Evades every round. Lived to run away.  Came down to 1 Hull on the Nu when it came back in and a dead Silencer.  Loss 32-22.

 

Lothal w/ Ion Projector, Autoblaster, BoShek/U-Wing Cassian/Stressra in the Sheathipede -- I pushed one Silencer way too far the first round and put it in a bad spot as his U-Wing and Ghost moved in.  Was able to tank both primary shots and then turn in to stay out of arcs.  The U-Wing died without doing any more damage as I converged.  Avoided arcs pretty well and juked my opponent out when he thought I'd move too quickly.  The list had enough interesting trickery that I caused myself some problems with BoShek and got unlucky 3 rounds in a row with Ion Projector forcing QD to do nothing for a while.  Also made a huge mistake at the end when it was Ghost vs. QD (full shields).  I dialed in the wrong S-Loop accidentally and put myself on a rock.  The Ghost hit R3, sniped another shield. Moved off the rock, cleared stress, bumped the Ghost but avoided Ion.  BoShek forced my movement to change, and unfortunately my two options both put me on rocks.  Rolled a hit, no more QD shields.  Complete trainwreck out of nowhere because I dialed in the wrong thing.  Finally got off the second rock, rolled another hit, QD to 2 hull.  Came back around, banked Focus, picked up a TL, and R1 PS killed the Ghost.  Win 100-68

 

Crimsons (Specialists + 2 Squadron Pilots) -- I think this was a pretty favorable match-up for me and the game definitely showed.  I was able to feint a few directions and throw off my opponent's movement, thinking he'd close a lane with Trajectory Simulator Proton Bombs, allowing me to kill 1 Crimson Squadron in 2 rounds with no damage.  Over the course of the game I took 2 bomblets (1 on purpose), and 2 Proton bombs.  3 of those were on the same Silencer that I forced inside Bomber formation to cause a little havoc, force a few self-bombs. Killed both Crimson Squadron Pilots and half-pointed Crimson Specialist.  My remaining Silencer and QD were both only down 1 shield at the end.  My opponent definitely had some ugly rolls this game, but even if he had hot dice the whole time, I think the outcome would have been the same.   Win 70something - 32

 

Final table! 3 Kimos (Dalan + PS5 Generics, Deadeye, R5 Aggro, Harpoons, Black Market Cybernetics, EM, Guidance Chips) -- Juked my opponent on the opening, making him think I was dragging him through the rocks and was able to turn out.  I mis-judged where our turns would take us and left me way too far inside, only in the arcs of 2 Kimo's, no bullseyes, but Deadeye was plenty to kill 1 Silencer in the opening engagement to almost all blanks on evade.  Killed 1 generic Kimo in the next 2 rounds.  Poor positioning by me cost me HP on some Harpoon damage and lost QD, leaving me 1 Silencer with 3 hull (crit - Damaged Engine... LOVELY) vs. Dalan at 1 shield.  We were both moving around trying to range control and I was too hesitant to take a hard maneuver and eat a red when I wasn't completely sure where my opponent would go.  In the end as I banked around the tight pack of asteroids in the center, boosted toward Dalan.  He ended up taking the hard turn I was betting against and caught the Silencer at the edge of R3.  Crit/Crit/Hit/Hit and 1 evade sealed it, ending the game.  Close, definitely made some mistakes.  Had I lived through that Harpoon I'm confident I could have killed Dalan.

 

I ended up on the final table against the 3 Kimo's in the final.  However, my MOV put me about 8th at the end of it all.  My losses were to QD/Vader/Nu and in the the final against the 3 Kimo's.  I don't really think I should have lost to the QD/Vader/Nu.

 

The list is EXTREMELY fun, and for me to hit the final table at a CAC, was even better.  My brain is entirely fried, but I feel great about the way I flew in most of my games, and I'm confident the list can stand up to almost anything when it's flown well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rabid1903 said:

I'd have to try it out, but losing a shot is a tough price to pay when you throw 4 dice.

Generally I wouldn't trade a shot for it unless the Upsilon was about to be PS killed, but the Upsilon is the kind of ship that will have turns where it won't have arc on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hawk32 said:

So played this at the cac today for the first time... went 4-2... lost to low/strezra/miranda and kylo/qd/tie academy my last two games.   Neither of those games felt unwinnable, just need a bit more practice with the list.  It's a lot of fun to play, and fun to actually care about arcs on a low ps ship and not feel like you've got a massive disadvantage before turn 0.

How was the Kylo QD tie list? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FrightfulCommand said:

How was the Kylo QD tie list? 

I think it's pretty good... it was the last game, and I was tired, and just decided to trade quickdraws and have the game be over fast one way or the other.  I got a block on his qd to set up a range 1 trade back and forth with mine and his.  He rolled 3 natty evades, I didn't, so I had to used a shot from my 2nd silencer to do the last damage and finish QD off, instead of taking a range 1 fully modded shot into his tie to possibly kill it.  Next turn he put 3 crits on a silencer with Kylo, and I scooped.  I was up on points could possibly win, but I was tired and not interested in trying to corner his kylo or run for 50 minutes with a 1hp silencer.  I already had to hunt down a kylo earlier in the day, and it made my brain hurt.  My opponent played well all day, and deserved the win.  He knew his win condition, and I played into it.

I think the right call is trying to trade QD for kylo while you have 3 ships, I just don't know if you can do it fast enough.  The two silencers should be able to handle QD.  They are fast enough to only fight when they are fully tokened up and able to strip all the shields in one turn.  OTOH, I don't think kylo can kill 2 silencers by himself, he hits like such a wet noodle, so maybe just trading QD's and playing for time is the right call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, hawk32 said:

I think it's pretty good... it was the last game, and I was tired, and just decided to trade quickdraws and have the game be over fast one way or the other.  I got a block on his qd to set up a range 1 trade back and forth with mine and his.  He rolled 3 natty evades, I didn't, so I had to used a shot from my 2nd silencer to do the last damage and finish QD off, instead of taking a range 1 fully modded shot into his tie to possibly kill it.  Next turn he put 3 crits on a silencer with Kylo, and I scooped.  I was up on points could possibly win, but I was tired and not interested in trying to corner his kylo or run for 50 minutes with a 1hp silencer.  I already had to hunt down a kylo earlier in the day, and it made my brain hurt.  My opponent played well all day, and deserved the win.  He knew his win condition, and I played into it.

I think the right call is trying to trade QD for kylo while you have 3 ships, I just don't know if you can do it fast enough.  The two silencers should be able to handle QD.  They are fast enough to only fight when they are fully tokened up and able to strip all the shields in one turn.  OTOH, I don't think kylo can kill 2 silencers by himself, he hits like such a wet noodle, so maybe just trading QD's and playing for time is the right call.

what is his win con? 

I wonder how well his list did against other more meta lists. I don't like the odds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FrightfulCommand said:

what is his win con? 

I wonder how well his list did against other more meta lists. I don't like the odds. 

Winning with a 47pt kylo plus bid at time.  I mean, drop my opponents harpoons, change the AP to Epsilon ace and it's the list that just won the biggest tourney ever.  The list has been around a while.

 

I'll also say that I set up the same way each round, since I'm new to the list.  A silencer in each corner with QD in the middle.   I probably should have set up to joust with QD in the middle and both silencers together on a side.  He sent kylo down a side and there's nothing I can do about it without getting completely out of position.

Edited by hawk32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played this for the first time to night and went 1-2. 1st I beat Kath and 2 generic protectorate. I deleted one protectorate quick and then set up Kath to bump to death. 2nd I lost to ReyLow because I forgot how fast she was. She caught me with QD way out of position and by the time I got her back in the Silencers were hurting and I never recovered. 3rd I lost a close one to Vader, Inqy, and Soontir. This time I left a Silencer hung out to dry and lost it early but I got Soontir early so I thought I was in good shape. Then the dice gods showed up and flipped me off. He couldn't roll a blank and I couldn't roll paint. In the end Vader and QD dueled and the dice gods chose Vader.

I love the list and can't wait to see it's full potential after I get some experience with it.

Edited by DXCrazytrain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to play this list today and wow! It was a lot better than expected. The dial and boost gave it a great time vs harpoons. Along with hanging out at R3 with a focus. I haven't played against Ghost Fenn but I expect it would do rather well there too. Nym is hard to win against. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrightfulCommand said:

Along with hanging out at R3 with a focus

Yeah. I tried out a 5 x Alpha Squadron/Autothruster squad a while back when poking heavy swarm concepts around. People who remember Fel focus/evade/stealth/palpatine/autothrusters dodging everything often overlook just how bloody difficult 3 dice with autothrusters and focus are to hit when it's attached to either a cheap ship or one that can take a punch and keep rolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played 2 games with this today. Won 100-0 and 100-36. Gotta say the mvp of the list has to be the 1 hards on the Silencers. They make them knife fight almost as well as The Inquisitor. It was a very small 6 man OP tournament so it was decided after the 2nd round. I was the only 2-0 and won the QD alt art, which is beautiful, and 2 of the metal shield tokens. I don't know why people are complaining about them, they're nice and solid and almost feel like a nickel. I can't wait to get more of them.

Anyway, back to the list. I love it more each time I play it. I haven't had a long term consistent list since I played Old Man Fenn during store championship season last summer but this list might be the one I rack up reps with. I say might because I'm waiting to see how good the Tie Reaper will be.

Until then, it'll be Silent Night, Deadly Night, every night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played this last night against Palp-Aces. Literally Melted the shuttle and took out the remaining ships systematically. Solid list with lots of mods.

Best moment; the shuttle missing a block on the silences for them only to barrel roll out of arc of the shuttle while maintaining arc themselves, and having focus and TL. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

Wow, dude, that's really out of line

I hope you at least reimbursed the guy after turning his model into plastic goop 

Regrettable side effect; i laughed, he cried; then he remembered he borrowed my models. So we did a little role reversal and then the plastic fumes kicked in and a good time was had by all.

[Note anyone reading this don't huff plastic space ships] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, the1hodgy said:

I played this last night against Palp-Aces. Literally Melted the shuttle and took out the remaining ships systematically. Solid list with lots of mods.

Best moment; the shuttle missing a block on the silences for them only to barrel roll out of arc of the shuttle while maintaining arc themselves, and having focus and TL. 

 

 

I was pleasantly surprised at how much damage the silencers did for me.  I guess I shouldn't have been surprised with the mods they get, but generic primaries have kinda been left in the dust with all the ordnance floating around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hawk32 said:

I was pleasantly surprised at how much damage the silencers did for me.  I guess I shouldn't have been surprised with the mods they get, but generic primaries have kinda been left in the dust with all the ordnance floating around.

While ordnance is really strong, the biggest issue with primaries is they're surprisingly difficult to reroll + focus (fully modify) while keeping the ship reasonably priced

If stuff like Bs had linked batteries for free, they might actually have seen play. I'm positive someone could have done well with 3 linked Bs and a c3po + mods Lowhrick (or Luke/wedge when they get buffed)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wondering if people have been playing this recently. I'm only able to get in a couple games a week so I kind of wanted to live vicariously through others that are flying this.

It's so much fun to fly as well as being strong and efficient, I really think it might be my favorite list ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Silencer, the top pilot has a very poor Pilot ability, I mean the whole point of an Ace is to not get hit, and with the propensity of either large ships, or heavy health small base ships, the card you get through isnt necessarily game changing. If Kylo had a better ability I think I would use him more. Adv Sensors+PTL Kylo is great, expensive but great, but as previously stated..a sucky pilot ability.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I love the Silencer, the top pilot has a very poor Pilot ability, I mean the whole point of an Ace is to not get hit, and with the propensity of either large ships, or heavy health small base ships, the card you get through isnt necessarily game changing. If Kylo had a better ability I think I would use him more. Adv Sensors+PTL Kylo is great, expensive but great, but as previously stated..a sucky pilot ability.  

 

Here's the thing about not getting hit:...you're going to get hit

Turrets exist, dice exist, you can't outplay either; you're going to get your ability

Only bad part is it needs a critical to trigger and that's just more rng 

Ofc, the silencer is well designed enough that it doesn't even need abilities to be great. Real A+ design on this expac 

Guess it's worth the large ship pricing :P

Edited by ficklegreendice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I love the Silencer, the top pilot has a very poor Pilot ability, I mean the whole point of an Ace is to not get hit, and with the propensity of either large ships, or heavy health small base ships, the card you get through isnt necessarily game changing. If Kylo had a better ability I think I would use him more. Adv Sensors+PTL Kylo is great, expensive but great, but as previously stated..a sucky pilot ability.  

 

His ability makes it so people don’t want to hit him which plays into him being an arc dodging Ace... if people hit him and he throws that PS0 out there and gets it off, Kylo wins the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Ofc, the silencer is well designed enough that it doesn't even need abilities to be great. Real A+ design on this expac 

Guess it's worth the large ship pricing :P

I am thrilled that I bought a second and I can totally see myself buying a third.

I'm willing to bet that at some point a card will come out that puts the Silencer in the top tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Was wondering if people have been playing this recently. I'm only able to get in a couple games a week so I kind of wanted to live vicariously through others that are flying this.

It's so much fun to fly as well as being strong and efficient, I really think it might be my favorite list ever.

I'm still playing it and will be bringing it to World's.  I'm now at around 20 games with it and I've only lost around four.   A recent loss was to RAC Quickdraw and that was largely because I was taking some risks I shouldn't have at the end (I had QD and a Silencer against his QD) and some very good rolls by his own QD.     I'm a bit concerned about the Strezra+Miranda+Low as I haven't played against it yet, but I have a couple of plans against those and hopefully I'll get a chance to test them out.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Played a lot of games with this over the past month and I find it tons of fun, but against top tier lists the burden of execution is for sure on you. I am still learning strategies that fight different lists. So for sure very few games are easy wins, but it is fun to figure out how to beat everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheOz said:

I have Played a lot of games with this over the past month and I find it tons of fun, but against top tier lists the burden of execution is for sure on you. 

Basically the case with any list that isn't majorly invested in a powerful turret (s)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...