Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

8 hours ago, Biophysical said:

For sure, First Order has a lot of ways to make 3 ships into a list.  I don't have any idea which is best, or if there is a best.

That's because the real answer is 2 or 4. Sure, 3 ship FO has a great deal of strength, but Tavson + 3 budget aces or Kylo + friend + bid really lean into the faction's strengths.

I know I'm necroing an old thread but I want to give a big congratulations Mitchel Hurst for coming in 2nd place at the Denver System open using....

"Quickdraw" + Fanatical + Pattern Analyzer + Special Forces Gunner + Fire-Control System + Afterburners 
First Order Test Pilot + Fanatical + Advanced Optics 
First Order Test Pilot + Fanatical + Advanced Optics

Way to go sir. Way to go. I might dust off the list and give it another try.

1 hour ago, T70 Driver said:

I know I'm necroing an old thread but I want to give a big congratulations Mitchel Hurst for coming in 2nd place at the Denver System open

And if you get the chance, watch the top 4 game for an amazing clutch Quickdraw play. 🙂 It should be up on the Gold Squadron Youtube channel soon.

Posted (edited)

Necroing this thread to ask...Elusive on QD?

QD & 2 Silencers (198/200) =========================

TIE/sf Fighter: "Quickdraw" (45 + 21) + Elusive (3) + Fire-Control System (2) + Special Forces Gunner (10) + Afterburners (6)

TIE/vn Silencer: Kylo Ren (76 + 5) + Sense (5)

TIE/vn Silencer: Sienar-Jaemus Engineer (51)

Edited by DXCrazytrain

37 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

TIE/sf Fighter: "Quickdraw" (45 + 21) + Elusive (3) + Fire-Control System (2) + Special Forces Gunner (10) + Afterburners (6)

I'd imagine you would want pattern analyzer on her if you are planning on doing a lot of red maneuvers.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DXCrazytrain said:

FANATIC on QD> 

Afterburners is theoretically decent. I've slow rolled and used shield upgrade. Play defensively cagey until end game. 

Also, I'd really go with the Upsilon. Though I see you're a Sense user. (I don't think its as needed here, the below list has the tools to blow up an I6 ace) 

Kylo, QD, Ups

Also if you're gonna go silencer, gut feeling says you want the I4. Though I'll be frank, I don't like any Silencers except Kylo. 

Edited by Blail Blerg

1 hour ago, powersink said:

I'd imagine you would want pattern analyzer on her if you are planning on doing a lot of red maneuvers.

Yep, elusive needs to be paired with PA. 71pt QD though... 

Posted (edited)

Something related I keep thinking about: QD + 2 Silencers + 4th ship.  Having more lightly-upgraded ships is often a good idea in 2nd Edition, and QD plus double FOTP seems to load the ships up a lot.

SJ Engineers are a bit expensive as dedicated blockers, but they aren't entirely just blockers, and can flank fairly well with their massive speed.  But mostly, I just don't know if the FOTP Silencers are good enough to justify losing a 4th ship.  There's 43 points available, starting with only Gunner on QD.  There's a bunch of options for what can fill that last slot

• Backdraft (+4 points to play with: Crack/FCS QD, Crack BD?) - Backdraft is always decent-enough filler.
  • Generic TIE/sf (+9 points to play with) - decent health and double-arcs mean more shots from a low-init ship than is common.  Could easily be Fanatical/FCS on QD, plus Optics Zeta and 3 points of bid, or Crack Shot/Optics Omega.
  • Midnight (no Upgrades) - double init 6, and a ship which might be a bit of a pest if left to the late-game, so can probably bait well.
  • Scorch (+9 points to play with: Fanatical/FCS QD, Fanatical Scorch, +3 bid?) - Scorch is also always decent-enough filler.
  • Muse (+12 points: Elusive/PA Muse, Fanat/FCS QD?) - kind of a nifty little mini-Defender, able to pull red moves, get an action, and clear the stress, but low init
  • Null (+12 points) - High init filler, with a solid chunk of points for playing around, since Null doesn't really need any
  • Lieutenant Rivas or Epsilon Cadet (...15-17 points... it depends...) - so going with Rivas or Epsilon Cadet would allow a 4-ship QD + 2 FOTP list, if the upgrades are very trim.  Rivas gets only Crack Shot on QD, but Eppy could be Crack Shot on all three.  Maybe that's too stripped down, and a single Eppy might not be enough compensation.
    • A related list: Rivas, 1 Engineer, 1 FOTP with Fanatical (or Recoil with Predator, to taste), Quickdraw (Fanatical/FCS/Gunner) and a 2 point bid.  Rivas can be a hard-hitting blighter (relative to cost) with his free locks, the SJ Engineer can block or flank or whatnot, the FOTP with Fanatical like a mid-Init ace, and QD is QD.
Edited by theBitterFig

3 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

What about the following: 

“Blackout” (63)

Kylo Ren (76)

“Quickdraw” (45)
Special Forces Gunner (10)

Total: 194

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

No Test Pilots with Fanatical and Optics but now with Kylo and Blackout. Increasing the Initiative to 5 and 6 points to play with.

I've run that squad maybe half a dozen times.  I'd categorize it as "fine" in my hands, but not a lot better.  You have the issue that one of your 3 ships can get tracked down and killed pretty easily and two of your ships are pretty much just throwing single modded 3 dice shots.  It's got good initiative, but not much in the way of bid.