Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

3 hours ago, SOTL said:

Ppl are flying QD like his old self but he's NOT his old self.

Things he got worst at: jousting (defensively), jousting (offensively)

Things he got better at: higher Initiative, better dial.

Dont play FCS.  Don't joust.  Play Advanced Sensors, flank & arc-dodge.

Interesting, I would like to see how that would work with him.

But it seems to me that Backdraft is the ship which is designed to kite between the rocks, while QD is not really a natural kiter.

Also, if QD is not the jousting part of your list, what else is?

Because then the opponent can simply choose to joust your QD, and even with improved dial he's not a super fast ship (and he hates shooting from the rear arc..)

Edited by baranidlo

Looking more at this list... I think I really like Recoil+predator in place of one of the Advanced/Fanatic PS4's... which also saves 3 points.  Going the Advanced Sensors route on QD you can now fit in Juke.  I think this is the next list I try:

TIE/vn Silencer - •“Recoil” - 65
    •“Recoil” - Quantity Over Quality (63)
        Predator (2)

TIE/vn Silencer - First Order Test Pilot - 68
    First Order Test Pilot - (62)
        Fanatical (2)
        Advanced Optics (4)

TIE/sf Fighter - •“Quickdraw” - 67
    •“Quickdraw” - Defiant Duelist (45)
        Juke (4)
        Advanced Sensors (8)
        Special Forces Gunner (10)

Total: 200/200

Doesnt include Silencers but I wanna give this a go. Probably drop Afterburners & Hyperspace for Shield/Optics. 

I feel like this is “closer” to what the old 1.0 list used to do which was 🥊 stuff.

"Quickdraw" — TIE/SF Fighter 45
Fanatical 2
Special Forces Gunner 10
Advanced Sensors 8
Afterburners 8
Ship Total: 73
Half Points: 37 Threshold: 3

Lieutenant Tavson — Upsilon-Class Shuttle 62
Hyperspace Tracking Data 2
Ship Total: 64
Half Points: 32 Threshold: 6

Major Stridan — Upsilon-Class Shuttle 63
Ship Total: 63
Half Points: 32 Threshold: 6

This list below though is substantially more my speed. Used it a lot lately and its always been highly entertaining. One scary I6 thing, 2 mobile functional punchy things. Rewards playing well, but is pretty weak in several significant areas (something that I expect to be the case in most 2.0 list building ).

Darth Vader — TIE Advanced x1 70
Supernatural Reflexes 12
Fire-Control System 3
Proton Rockets 7
Afterburners 8
Ship Total: 100
Half Points: 50 Threshold: 3

“Duchess” — TIE/sk Striker 42
Lone Wolf 4
Ship Total: 46
Half Points: 23 Threshold: 2

“Countdown” — TIE/sk Striker 44
Crack Shot 1
Hull Upgrade 5
Ship Total: 50
Half Points: 25 Threshold: 3
Edited by Boom Owl

20 hours ago, SOTL said:

Ppl are flying QD like his old self but he's NOT his old self.

Things he got worst at: jousting (defensively), jousting (offensively)

Things he got better at: higher Initiative, better dial.

Dont play FCS.  Don't joust.  Play Advanced Sensors, flank & arc-dodge.

Would you go full arc dodger and put Outmaneuver and/or Primed Thrusters on her for maximum squirreliness (well, as squirrelly as an SF can get anyways)?

On 11/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, theBitterFig said:

I'd kind of been looking forward to Advanced Sensors on Silencers.  That was my favorite generic Silencer build back in 1e, SJ Analysts with AdvS, Advanced Optics, and Autothrusters.

I feel like Primed Thrusters could be a lot of fun, however.  With the massive suite of passive dice mods these guys used to get being gone, maybe the way to go with them is mobility.

Something which irks me, though: The lowest Init Upsilon Shuttle is higher Init than the new SJ Engineers (what, were they afraid of the first 4 letters of analyst?).  I'm sure I'd prefer they were the same initiative.  Petty Officer Thanisson might work out well, though, since also Init 1.  Coordinate a Focus, pull a red move, still Boost/Barrel Roll.

Hrm.

• First Order Test Pilot (Fanatical, Primed Thrusters) 72
  • First Order Test Pilot (Fanatical, Primed Thrusters) 72
    • Same prices as my beloved Delta Defender.  It'll dodge arcs better, but isn't quite as tanky.
  • Options Options for #3.
    • Seinar Jaemus Engineer ( - ) 56
      • A blocker with a punch.
    • Starkiller Base Pilot ( - ) 56
      • Coordinate and a big gun, but kind of awkward for timing.
    • Quickdraw (Trick Shot, SF Gunner) 56
      • Treating QD like a filler Wedge or Soontir, nearly no upgrades, might be the way to go.  They'll still have a lot of potential to pack a punch.

I've only had a few reps running twin test pilots, and I love the Primed Thrusters, but I can't find all too much reason to take them over optics. Yeah, they're cool for mobility, but a shuttle with coordinate boosts that. Not only that, but saving a focus for defense and still having mods, or even better, having double mods via one focus token is more forgiving and harder hitting than thrusters.

Currently, when I'm not flying one or two named silencers and decide to bring out the test pilots, I run this:

FOTP (Fanatical, Advanced Optics) 68 (X2)

Lieutenant Dormitz (Hyperspace Tracking Data, Baffle) 64

List total: 200

Dormitz and Tracking Data allow the Silencers to joust on the first turn with token stacks, allowing them to function as alpha-ing defenders just this once. After that, he coordinates as they try to get in positions awkward for the opponent whilst having a focus each. When he comes in, he tries to block and jam, letting the threat of his gun function as an area control piece to make the job of the pursuing low-init fighters easier. By that point, the game soon results in the endgame, which is much different from defender + defender + palp. With no token stacks to defend, you likely are not going to win a run and outpoint game. Silencers by their nature are more agressive than defenders, perhaps to their demise.

I've only gone 3-2 in casual matches with it (haven't taken it to a tourney yet) and don't expect to gain the skills needed to fly it effectively. For comparison, I've gone 5-1 in casual with Defender, Defender, Palp, and 1-2 with Quickdraw, Primed Fanatic Silencer, Primed Fanatic Silencer.

I tried this list at a wave championship and didn't do so hot:

FOTP: AO/Fanatical (68)
Avenger: Predator (65)
Quickdraw: Juke/SFGunner/Advanced Sensors (67)

Quickdraw worked a little better with Juke, was able to keep shields on and get the shots, but didn't put down near the amount of damage I'm used to.  Avenger with Predator was a good way to save 3 points on a Silencer and I was pretty impressed with damage output.  The Test pilot did what they do and did pretty good.  I'm still not liking Quickdraw as the 3rd pilot in this, so maybe at a casual night I'll try something else like Dormitz or Travson.  It should be noted that my first game I've played against a kid that knows all my tricks and he went full in on the FOTP and got him off the board before it could fire.  The flanking shots from the other two ships just weren't enough to outlast the rest of that match... I really needed even just one shot out of the ship before it died.  I barely lost that game on MOV.  2nd game was almost a mirror match that I likely lost on the initiative roll.  Arcdodging silencers > jousting silencers.  Third game I won but it was way too late.  

On 12/23/2018 at 3:39 PM, Jyico said:

Looking more at this list... I think I really like Recoil+predator in place of one of the Advanced/Fanatic PS4's... which also saves 3 points.  Going the Advanced Sensors route on QD you can now fit in Juke.  I think this is the next list I try:

TIE/vn Silencer - •“Recoil” - 65
    •“Recoil” - Quantity Over Quality (63)
        Predator (2)

TIE/vn Silencer - First Order Test Pilot - 68
    First Order Test Pilot - (62)
        Fanatical (2)
        Advanced Optics (4)

TIE/sf Fighter - •“Quickdraw” - 67
    •“Quickdraw” - Defiant Duelist (45)
        Juke (4)
        Advanced Sensors (8)

Total: 200/200

May I make a suggestion. Move the Advanced Optics to Recoil. With that set up I'm routinely getting 3-4 hits with a stressed Recoil at range 1.  My average roll is 2 hits, a focus and a blank. Re-roll the blank with Predator then use the focus to get hits.

11 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

May I make a suggestion. Move the Advanced Optics to Recoil. With that set up I'm routinely getting 3-4 hits with a stressed Recoil at range 1.  My average roll is 2 hits, a focus and a blank. Re-roll the blank with Predator then use the focus to get hits.

That doesn't really make sense.  Were you thinking about the way that 1e Advanced Optics worked, rather than 2e?  2e Advanced Optics allows you to spend a Focus to turn a Blank to a Hit, like 1e Weapons Guidance.  If you're strategy is to reroll your blanks, and spend a focus to turn your eyes to hits, Advanced Optics doesn't add anything.  However, with AdvO on the FOTP, using Advanced Optics with Fanatical allows you to turn both one eye and one blank to hits with a single focus token.

17 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

That doesn't really make sense.  Were you thinking about the way that 1e Advanced Optics worked, rather than 2e?  2e Advanced Optics allows you to spend a Focus to turn a Blank to a Hit, like 1e Weapons Guidance.  If you're strategy is to reroll your blanks, and spend a focus to turn your eyes to hits, Advanced Optics doesn't add anything.  However, with AdvO on the FOTP, using Advanced Optics with Fanatical allows you to turn both one eye and one blank to hits with a single focus token.

This is why Recoil is underwhelming for the time being. Fanatical and optics are too efficient to have a reroll that costs the same and may or may not result (and only in r1 or bullseye) be seriously considered.

Addendum on Recoil: yeah, prockets are cool, but they don't work with predator and you're paying 7 pts for an extra die at R1.

Honestly, this list lost most of its innate mods completely and is currently a shell of its former self. Needs more abusive upgrades lol. 

Just like how no one runs gunboats now cuz missiles are **** and Bombers do Torpedoes better. 

4 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Point taken. I'll give it a try.

Looks like with the points drop you're gonna get a lot more options with this list... 2x Fanatical AO FOTP's are 128 points now instead of 136!  As if I wasn't already thinking blackout before as a 3rd ship... Trickshot AO Blackout seems like a nice 3rd ship.

3 hours ago, Jyico said:

Looks like with the points drop you're gonna get a lot more options with this list... 2x Fanatical AO FOTP's are 128 points now instead of 136!  As if I wasn't already thinking blackout before as a 3rd ship... Trickshot AO Blackout seems like a nice 3rd ship.

Kylo Ren (76)

“Blackout” (64)
Pattern Analyzer (5)

“Quickdraw” (45)

Total: 200

So I've finally started messing with Silencers.  I've got a few games in with 2x Test Pilots with Fanatical/Optics and then Tavson with Phasma, Hypercomms, and Hull Upgrade.  

It's early, but it feels like Tavson solidly fills the spot Quickdraw used to. It's this monster that can eat up a section of the board and hammer someone who shoots at him.  He forces Quickdraw-like "damned if you do, damned if you don't" decisions.  

Of course, with the silencer points drop, you can get a pretty hefty Quickdraw instead of Tavson. 

Something like Fanatical/FCS/Pattern Analyzer/Gunner/Afterburners

Who knows. 

15 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

So I've finally started messing with Silencers.  I've got a few games in with 2x Test Pilots with Fanatical/Optics and then Tavson with Phasma, Hypercomms, and Hull Upgrade.  

It's early, but it feels like Tavson solidly fills the spot Quickdraw used to. It's this monster that can eat up a section of the board and hammer someone who shoots at him.  He forces Quickdraw-like "damned if you do, damned if you don't" decisions.  

Of course, with the silencer points drop, you can get a pretty hefty Quickdraw instead of Tavson. 

Who knows. 

I've been having good success with a similar list. 2x Test Pilots with Fanatical, Tavson with SU and Snoke. 

35 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Upsilons are finally getting recognized lol. After languishing in junk-tier all of 1.0 undeservedly.

I think it's more Tavson than Ups in general. If you exclude TripUps

6 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Upsilons are finally getting recognized lol. After languishing in junk-tier all of 1.0 undeservedly.

They were junk tier in 1.0 because there was no reason to ever take an Upsilon over a Lambda ever.

Edited by miguelj

12 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Who knows. 

I am thinking the same way with qd with the test pilots, only reason more then tavson is because although he plays a similar role to old qd, he is a less mobile i3 so where the i4 silencers are weaker against higher initiative pilots(very much what resistance can stack against) QuickDraw still can help out with catching those ships, especially with afterburners.

but I have also thinking why choose 1 when you can have both

quickdraw with fcs pattern and gunner

tavson

kylo

makes up in ps for sure, offers a strong pick your target game and punishes the other choices. Kylo with nothing is pretty worth is points I think

you can also go kylo, fanatical blackout and qd with just fcs and gunner which also feels good and can take advantage of ps as well

I am feeling pretty good about the kylo tavson QuickDraw list, as well as the ps4 s with a decked out QuickDraw, the blackout list probably the weakest of the 3, QuickDraw may be one of those few ships where given more upgrades can actually increase his value in boosting with i6 information and allowing for mods to stack for multiple attacks

2 hours ago, TheOz said:

I am thinking the same way with qd with the test pilots, only reason more then tavson is because although he plays a similar role to old qd, he is a less mobile i3 so where the i4 silencers are weaker against higher initiative pilots(very much what resistance can stack against) QuickDraw still can help out with catching those ships, especially with afterburners.

but I have also thinking why choose 1 when you can have both

quickdraw with fcs pattern and gunner

tavson

kylo

makes up in ps for sure, offers a strong pick your target game and punishes the other choices. Kylo with nothing is pretty worth is points I think

you can also go kylo, fanatical blackout and qd with just fcs and gunner which also feels good and can take advantage of ps as well

I am feeling pretty good about the kylo tavson QuickDraw list, as well as the ps4 s with a decked out QuickDraw, the blackout list probably the weakest of the 3, QuickDraw may be one of those few ships where given more upgrades can actually increase his value in boosting with i6 information and allowing for mods to stack for multiple attacks

For sure, First Order has a lot of ways to make 3 ships into a list.  I don't have any idea which is best, or if there is a best.

3 hours ago, Biophysical said:

For sure, First Order has a lot of ways to make 3 ships into a list.  I don't have any idea which is best, or if there is a best.

Lol I get you on that , most my practice with first order is 4 ship, like QuickDraw tavson scorch muse or backdraft and these variations feel very good....I am drawn to the silencers interceptor like movements but they may still be a little too overcosted as fun as they are, or just need a new upgrade or something along those lines...but time and more practice will tell

18 hours ago, Biophysical said:

Who knows. 

I replaced QD with Tavson as well and I've loved it. Here's what I've been running and yes I know, everyone loves Optics but I don't. I want my focus for the Silencers 3 green dice and I want PA so I can do red maneuvers, stay on target, and have an action.

2 I4 Silencers & Tavson (197/200) =============================

TIE/vn Silencer: First Order Test Pilot (58 + 7) + Fanatical (2) + Pattern Analyzer (5)

TIE/vn Silencer: First Order Test Pilot (58 + 7) + Fanatical (2) + Pattern Analyzer (5)

Upsilon-class Command Shuttle: Lieutenant Tavson (62 + 5) + Captain Phasma (5)

Edited by DXCrazytrain

1 hour ago, DXCrazytrain said:

I replaced QD with Tavson as well and I've loved it. Here's what I've been running and yes I know, everyone loves Optics but I don't. I want my focus for the Silencers 3 green dice and I want PA so I can do red maneuvers, stay on target, and have an action.

2 I4 Silencers & Tavson (197/200) =============================

Upsilon-class Command Shuttle: Lieutenant Tavson (62 + 5) + Captain Phasma (5)

One of the interesting things about Pattern Analyzers is that it's not your standard action.  While the main effect of this is that Nien Numb gets two actions on a red move, it also means that those Silencers can boost/roll off of rocks, or Focus after pulling a red move over a rock.  

1 hour ago, Biophysical said:

One of the interesting things about Pattern Analyzers is that it's not your standard action.  While the main effect of this is that Nien Numb gets two actions on a red move, it also means that those Silencers can boost/roll off of rocks, or Focus after pulling a red move over a rock.  

The rock aspect is kinda fun.  W/R/T Nien Nunb, I kinda wish this had a restriction like the 1e Advanced Sensors.  Doesn't need to be as extreme as 2e Advanced Sensors shutting down all additional actions (totally fair with AdvS), but skipping your normal perform action step would have been fair.