Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

So in these dying days of 1.0 we have wave 14 and store champs.  5x is going to show up.  What is the general strategy to handle that much health, arcs and red dice?  What would be your obstacle strategy and assuming they go in a box formation in one corner, how would you deploy and try to engage?

39 minutes ago, viedit said:

So in these dying days of 1.0 we have wave 14 and store champs.  5x is going to show up.  What is the general strategy to handle that much health, arcs and red dice?  What would be your obstacle strategy and assuming they go in a box formation in one corner, how would you deploy and try to engage?

I've been thinking on this a bit.  I think you aim to PS kill one of them, which might happen depending on ranges, but probably isn't something to plan around.  You don't out joust the list, but you come close, and you have better turn around efficiency, so if you do joust, you don't need that much extra positioning advantage to turn it to your favor in later turns. 

I'm inclined initially to keep the Silencers roughly close to each other, and Quickdraw split a little wide, probably in the rocks.  Try to engage with all 3 on the same turn or with just the Silencers at Range 3.  You're probably okay with X-wings gunning for either element, but I would feel worse losing a Silencer in the first engagement than losing Quickdraw.  I think the main goal with Quickdraw is to thin the herd so the Silencers can clean up, they're very good in this matchup.  I expect any of your ships can dodge enough arcs to live past turn 1 if you control range, however.  Quickdraw on 1-2 health has probably done her job by that point. A Silencer on 1-2 health probably runs for a couple turns before reengaging with a TL/Focus shot to try and PS kill someone.  

These are all jist random thoughts really, take them for what that's worth.

This is one list that Quickdraw really concerns me to some extent.  She's just too slow for the silencers in this matchup if you need to bail and re-engage.  That inclusion of Talon roll gives the X's just a little more flexibility on their dial.  I think I'd be a little more scared of 4 higher PS named X's with pilot abilities that you can't PS kill before they get to fire.  And if they are higher PS that ability to talon roll on the fly gets even more of a threat.

1 hour ago, viedit said:

This is one list that Quickdraw really concerns me to some extent.  She's just too slow for the silencers in this matchup if you need to bail and re-engage.  That inclusion of Talon roll gives the X's just a little more flexibility on their dial.  I think I'd be a little more scared of 4 higher PS named X's with pilot abilities that you can't PS kill before they get to fire.  And if they are higher PS that ability to talon roll on the fly gets even more of a threat.

I think if you trade Quickdraw for an X-wing, you still might be in decent shape.  4 Mid PS X-wings might be harder, but I really don't expect that.

1 hour ago, Biophysical said:

I've been thinking on this a bit.  I think you aim to PS kill one of them, which might happen depending on ranges, but probably isn't something to plan around.  You don't out joust the list, but you come close, and you have better turn around efficiency, so if you do joust, you don't need that much extra positioning advantage to turn it to your favor in later turns. 

I'm inclined initially to keep the Silencers roughly close to each other, and Quickdraw split a little wide, probably in the rocks.  Try to engage with all 3 on the same turn or with just the Silencers at Range 3.  You're probably okay with X-wings gunning for either element, but I would feel worse losing a Silencer in the first engagement than losing Quickdraw.  I think the main goal with Quickdraw is to thin the herd so the Silencers can clean up, they're very good in this matchup.  I expect any of your ships can dodge enough arcs to live past turn 1 if you control range, however.  Quickdraw on 1-2 health has probably done her job by that point. A Silencer on 1-2 health probably runs for a couple turns before reengaging with a TL/Focus shot to try and PS kill someone.  

These are all jist random thoughts really, take them for what that's worth.

You Hit the nail on the head! This is my exact thought in the matchup. I’d try to dash up the side of the map and use rocks to keep them from getting all their guns at any one ship, as long as you can catch one

id say let QuickDraw come up in heavy rocks, on silencer flank high and come down, and the other kinda in between the two ships. This way if they do aim at QuickDraw, then both silencers have the flank. This worked for me you can pick them apart pretty good especially after taking one out

pretty much if QuickDraw can kill at least one then she has done her job and the silencers can really finish the job

I've actually faced this, although he was rusty and made several mistakes. I lined up straight across to feint a joust then immediately dove behind the rocks and forced him to come through. I spread out just a bit, which forced him to spread a bit to avoid getting flanked. The rocks were big and tight and he was unable to get all 5 arcs on one ship. That was the key. While he had to negotiate the rocks, I set up a kill box and started deleting X-Wings. Again, he was rusty and made mistakes so this may not be the most helpful but I do think using the rocks to break their formation was what got me the win.

2 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

I've actually faced this, although he was rusty and made several mistakes. I lined up straight across to feint a joust then immediately dove behind the rocks and forced him to come through. I spread out just a bit, which forced him to spread a bit to avoid getting flanked. The rocks were big and tight and he was unable to get all 5 arcs on one ship. That was the key. While he had to negotiate the rocks, I set up a kill box and started deleting X-Wings. Again, he was rusty and made mistakes so this may not be the most helpful but I do think using the rocks to break their formation was what got me the win.

I have to think that the true smart play with 5x against a squad that is a stone's throw of equal jousting ability is to fortress.  One probably can't count on breaking up formations in the rocks regularly.

14 hours ago, Biophysical said:

I have to think that the true smart play with 5x against a squad that is a stone's throw of equal jousting ability is to fortress.  One probably can't count on breaking up formations in the rocks regularly.

Yeah, I had a feeling that game wouldn't be the best example. Could expand on how you would fortress? I think I kind of accidentally did it by hiding behind the rocks and waiting for him.

3 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Yeah, I had a feeling that game wouldn't be the best example. Could expand on how you would fortress? I think I kind of accidentally did it by hiding behind the rocks and waiting for him.

I think rocks are the best choice. Split that group up and only take shots from 2 of them at range 3 (or through a rock). Once the group is split and arcs are not pointing at same area, picking them apart will be easier. 5 arcs cover a lot of area, but if they are spread, just position yourself to only take shots from a couple each round. If you can trade two of them for one and be at 3v2 you should be looking good with two higher PS ships to dodge arcs and still have a focus banked.

Perhaps a DTF on Quickdraw instead of VI could help spread fire and get a fourth attack.

Little Variant.

"Quickdraw" (29) w/ Adaptability (0), Fire-Control System (2), Advanced Optics (2), Lightweight Frame (2), Special Ops Training (0)

Sienar-Jaemus Analyst (26) w/ Fire-Control System (2), Advanced Optics (2), Autothrusters (2)

Major Vermeil (26) w/ Adrenaline Rush (1), ISB Slicer (2), Agent Kallus (2), Lightweight Frame (2), Advanced Ailerons (0)

Total: 100

Swapped one silencer out for Vermeil. you lose autothruster ship, but gain jam action to help against 5 dice harpoon mirandas and what-not. Kallus on Vermeil gives him defense while jamming and acts as a sudo autothrusters/advance optics versus the enemies baddest ship (like Miranda/Ghost, etc.) all while making Vermeil a monster to that kallus'd ship letting him essentially just Accuracy correct to 3 hits everytime on a single ship (average roll is hit,blank,eyeball). Adrenaline rush lets you do those 1 sloops to turn back into the fight, letting you jam while you are at it to activate vermeils ability once again. Also, a stop and jam could really catch the opponent off guard.

5 hours ago, wurms said:

Little Variant.

"Quickdraw" (29) w/ Adaptability (0), Fire-Control System (2), Advanced Optics (2), Lightweight Frame (2), Special Ops Training (0)

Sienar-Jaemus Analyst (26) w/ Fire-Control System (2), Advanced Optics (2), Autothrusters (2)

Major Vermeil (26) w/ Adrenaline Rush (1), ISB Slicer (2), Agent Kallus (2), Lightweight Frame (2), Advanced Ailerons (0)

Total: 100

Swapped one silencer out for Vermeil. you lose autothruster ship, but gain jam action to help against 5 dice harpoon mirandas and what-not. Kallus on Vermeil gives him defense while jamming and acts as a sudo autothrusters/advance optics versus the enemies baddest ship (like Miranda/Ghost, etc.) all while making Vermeil a monster to that kallus'd ship letting him essentially just Accuracy correct to 3 hits everytime on a single ship (average roll is hit,blank,eyeball). Adrenaline rush lets you do those 1 sloops to turn back into the fight, letting you jam while you are at it to activate vermeils ability once again. Also, a stop and jam could really catch the opponent off guard.

I’ve totally had this adjustment in mind to try, could be cool, I think the reaper is super good so it should be fun, and I’ll probably play ring around the Rosie with the pilots, maybe replace qd sometimes, or maybe just carry palp on one too, like qd, a base reaper with palp and a silencer

So just how blunted will this list get with the short term rise of the reapers?   On first engagement QD is probably coming in with a Focus and TL.  Your Silencers are coming in with at least a focus if not a TL as well.  Against a single reaper at most they are stripping one token from two ships, or two tokens from one.  With the economy of FCS and AO can it stand up against a single reaper?

2 reapers against the list is probably an uphill sled, but you have a chance of PS killing the lower skilled one before it can jam a 3rd time if range control isn't managed.

20 minutes ago, viedit said:

So just how blunted will this list get with the short term rise of the reapers?   On first engagement QD is probably coming in with a Focus and TL.  Your Silencers are coming in with at least a focus if not a TL as well.  Against a single reaper at most they are stripping one token from two ships, or two tokens from one.  With the economy of FCS and AO can it stand up against a single reaper?

2 reapers against the list is probably an uphill sled, but you have a chance of PS killing the lower skilled one before it can jam a 3rd time if range control isn't managed.

Reapers are gonna be a pain and I’m not sure about 2 reapers. With evade and palp your gonna need some good variance to end one before it blasts off. 

Its gonna be interesting trying to figure out how to beat this one on a consistent basis. That’s why I am thinking to trying to get one in this list just to give it a try

If they are using an evade, then they aren't jamming.  That's the downside to jamming.  So at best they Palp an evade, spend another, and then blank/focus on third.  Then you still have two other attacks.  Or three more if somebody drops a shield off of QD.

50 minutes ago, viedit said:

If they are using an evade, then they aren't jamming.  That's the downside to jamming.  So at best they Palp an evade, spend another, and then blank/focus on third.  Then you still have two other attacks.  Or three more if somebody drops a shield off of QD.

I guess I was thinking of the tweet reaper list where one can jammed then the one carrying palp evade, and then a krennic ace can shield strip on a flank attack... trying to kill one seems more challenging in that list, if it’s just one then I’m not as concerned but the vermil, the palp reaper, and a ace will be a pretty powerful list. I’ve been playing around with it and it is good for sure( and I was using gel, but a defender could be brutal too.

i actually really like that list too, I am gonna have a tough time choosing which one I wanna fly at store champ

1 hour ago, TheOz said:

I guess I was thinking of the tweet reaper list where one can jammed then the one carrying palp evade, and then a krennic ace can shield strip on a flank attack... trying to kill one seems more challenging in that list, if it’s just one then I’m not as concerned but the vermil, the palp reaper, and a ace will be a pretty powerful list. I’ve been playing around with it and it is good for sure( and I was using gel, but a defender could be brutal too.

i actually really like that list too, I am gonna have a tough time choosing which one I wanna fly at store champ

I'm playing in 4 store championships. I'm thinking I'll play the original QD and 2 Silencers till I win some range rulers. After that I might try out a Reaper list.

Don't get me wrong, I am still hardcore loyal to the original list, but when new stuff comes out, you gotta examine the possibilities. In that vein, what do you think of this variant?

Vermiel 2 Silencers (100/100)
============================
TIE Reaper: Major Vermeil (26 + 10)
    + Veteran Instincts (1)
    + Director Krennic (5)
    + ISB Slicer (2)
    + Advanced Ailerons (0)
    + Lightweight Frame (2)
TIE Silencer: Sienar-Jaemus Analyst (26 + 6)
    + Fire Control System (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)

1 hour ago, DXCrazytrain said:

Don't get me wrong, I am still hardcore loyal to the original list, but when new stuff comes out, you gotta examine the possibilities. In that vein, what do you think of this variant?

+ Veteran Instincts (1)
    + Director Krennic (5)
    + ISB Slicer (2)
    + Advanced Ailerons (0)
    + Lightweight Frame (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)

It could be cool, you could also drop another silencer for ryad or vessery and drop something like isn’t officer, or fel, I’m not sure but keeping one silencer would be awesome, although I super starts to not look like the original list lol. I think the reaper is something for another awesome list

+ Veteran Instincts (1)
    + Director Krennic (5)
    + ISB Slicer (2)
    + Advanced Ailerons (0)
    + Lightweight Frame (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)

You can't put Optimized Prototype on the Silencers, so I don't know how effective this would be.

2 minutes ago, Darth Wrath said:

You can't put Optimized Prototype on the Silencers, so I don't know how effective this would be.

But you can put it on the ship carrying Krennic, in this case Vermiel himself.

Edited by DXCrazytrain

1 minute ago, DXCrazytrain said:

But you can put it on the ship carrying Krennic, in this case Vermiel himself.

That’s why I suggested switching a silencer for like fell with only one mod or a defender, because with vermeils ability plus the target lock he won’t use krennic too much 

+ Veteran Instincts (1)
    + Director Krennic (5)
    + ISB Slicer (2)
    + Advanced Ailerons (0)
    + Lightweight Frame (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)

I guess at worst Krennic is a shield upgrade in crew form, plus FCS.  The OP ability--spending results to delete shields--seems kind of unnecessary when combined with TL rerolls and Vermiel's ability.  An interesting alternative could be Rebel Captive.  Tossing both stress and Jam tokens seems like it'd amplify the effects.  Likewise, Expertise is likely a good way around Jamming, so having Rebel Captive can shut that down.

Meanwhile, depending on how important VI is, Predator could be an interesting alternative.  Both Elite/Crew packages cost the same 6 points: Predator/Rebel Captive vs VI/Krennic.  Both add some sort of reroll, both add some sort of defensive benefit.

2 hours ago, DXCrazytrain said:

+ Veteran Instincts (1)
    + Director Krennic (5)
    + ISB Slicer (2)
    + Advanced Ailerons (0)
    + Lightweight Frame (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)

This list is in my box right now to test a few times.  The Vermeil build seems like more of a long game build, slowing down damage output and giving your squad time to do its thing.  Most matchups I've headsimmed give it a slight edge compared to Quickdraw, but there are a lo of unknowns.

What I really like about the OP condition is that it removes the shield regardless of green dice or reinforce tokens. I also like it being an early game effect, when ships still have shields, because Vermiel is probably going to be focused down first.

And it goes without saying that the jam spam can only make the Silencers hit harder.