Blail Blerg

The QD + 2 Seinar PS4 Silencers

So... of you people who have played this list... how good in actuality are the 2 PS4 silencers? I know they have FCS, AdvOp and Auto usually. Are they worth their points? Or is there a ship that does it better? 

(I'm not entirely fond of PS1 defenders in this hyper mobile meta. )

I’ve played against it a bit and a friend made Top 8 at SoCal Regional with them. The Silencer’s are very good and the action economy is excellent. They’re fast enough to run away and come back in, very good at alternating blockers, and it rewards skilled flying. They’re also 6 hit points backed by autothrusters and usually a focus, so they stick around.

1 hour ago, Tbetts94 said:

I’ve played against it a bit and a friend made Top 8 at SoCal Regional with them. The Silencer’s are very good and the action economy is excellent. They’re fast enough to run away and come back in, very good at alternating blockers, and it rewards skilled flying. They’re also 6 hit points backed by autothrusters and usually a focus, so they stick around.

So, it works against top tier boogeymen? 

I woud bet they're actually okay at tanking TLT shots!

Edited by Blail Blerg

the list (well, a variation thereof) is next on the docket for me to test

I'm very happy with the Silencer in general and I hope it'll stand up to all this turreted nonsense

though I have no illusions that any arc-locked ship will have an easier time against a turret than vice-versa, I'll take what I can get

I love the Silencer!  I would take it to the next event but I only have 29 points for the slot and a PS1 Defender with Twin Ions is just better. 

34 points on a Silencer is great though:

Sienar-Jaemus Analyst — TIE Silencer 26
Fire-Control System 2
Advanced Optics 2
Autothrusters 2
First Order Vanguard 2
Ship Total: 34

I am very on the verge of buying a 2nd Silencer to run this. 

Alternatively there is this, though my first choice would be the QD version.

2 Exp Silencers Poon Nu (100/100)
================================
TIE Silencer: First Order Test Pilot (29 + 10)
    + Expertise (4)
    + Fire Control System (2)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
TIE Silencer: First Order Test Pilot (29 + 10)
    + Expertise (4)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
Alpha-class Star Wing: Nu Squadron Pilot (18 + 4)
    + Harpoon Missiles (4)
    + Long-Range Scanners (0)

Edited by DXCrazytrain

5 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Okay, anyone on any info for the first list?

QD 2 Silencers (100/100)
=======================
TIE Silencer: Sienar-Jaemus Analyst (26 + 6)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
TIE Silencer: Sienar-Jaemus Analyst (26 + 6)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Autothrusters (2)
TIE/SF Fighter: Quickdraw (29 + 7)
    + Veteran Instincts (1)
    + Advanced Optics (2)
    + Special Ops Training (0)
    + Lightweight Frame (2)

15 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I believe he lost in Top 8 vs the eventual winner who had Ghost/Fenn. But Ghost/Fenn wasn’t prevalent enough in numbers at SoCal, so he only faced the list once. I have seen it beat Ghost/Fenn in practice matches. Gotta kill Fenn in 2 turns, then the Silencers can get Range 1 on ghost after that.

Edited by Tbetts94

34 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

I believe he lost in Top 8 vs the eventual winner who had Ghost/Fenn. But Ghost/Fenn wasn’t prevalent enough in numbers at SoCal, so he only faced the list once. I have seen it beer Ghost/Fenn in practice matches. Gotta kill Fenn in 2 turns, then the Silencers can get Range 1 on ghost after that.

The Arc Knight 100-0d two ghost fenns with this. Join the Imperial Rebellion Today! Together we can defeat Ghost Fenn and restore peace and order to the galaxy. 

3 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

The Silencers are good enough that I'm seriously contemplating replacing Quickdraw for a 3rd one.  They are great at tanking TLTs.  No token stack, but with 6 hit points, it's okay to occasionally fail.

The Quickdraw plus two Sienar-Jaemus Analyst list has done me well so far - top 16 at two regionals and 72nd out of 500 at the UK System Open.  It's reasonably durable with three greens plus Autothrusters, has stunning action efficiency, and thanks to Advance Optics and FCS you're free to use your actions to reposition most turns.  That makes the Silencers excellent blockers, and an absolute scourge to anything PS 3 or less.

Quickdraw is the most fragile part of the list by a notable margin, but if people are shooting at Quickdraw then you're getting to use her ability.  You're often looking at three target locked and focused 3 dice shots plus a target locked shot from Quickdraw in your first turn of firing, which can put the pressure on a lot of things.

It is quite vulnerable to bombs however, with the low PS of the Silencers meaning that Miranda/Nym can be a particularly challenging matchup.  Ghost/Fenn is tricky but doable - as @Tbetts94 says, you need to kill Fenn fast to get rid of his HSCP and Coordinated PS 11 boost, but once you've done that the Silencers can fairly happily mop up the Ghost by themselves.  Fenn's ability is particularly painful for Quickdraw however, denying her focus/target lock mods on both of her shots in all likelihood.

I absolutely love this list and bought a second Silencer last week just to run it. Not many people have been running it, but those that are have taken it into a bunch of cuts (though it generally then struggles). The action efficiency is great, but the Silencers can melt under concentrated fire, so bait and switching with them is important. The dial is incredible so bait/switch tactics work well. I've also tried a hybrid of this list and Yorr/QD/Inq, running QD with expertise and swapping out Yorr for a 32 point Silencer.

Edited by apoapsis

I've been using PTL+AS Kylo and Blackout with either an academy or Wampa if I drop the title.

I tried the original SJ Analyst list but after experiencing true freedom it just saddens me to not be able to take 2 unblockable stressless actions and be virtually anywhere.

It's a very entertaining list to fly. The tech and dials on the Silencers just make them so efficient. I had a good run at a kit tournament with it, and as was said @Biophysical went way beyond that and did really well with it at Adepticon against some top meta stuff.

A variant I want to try at some point is upgrading the Silencers to the PS6 and adding Intensity to each. That leaves room for a standard Omega Leader, Sabacc, or whatever favorite 26 imperial filler you prefer. My initial guess it it won't run as well as QD + the two PS4's since you lose out on her damage output and the magnetic pull she has on the opponent's list (which helps you set up the Silencers). However I'm curious to see how they run when they can tank up with those evade actions.

Just now, Pleugim said:

A variant I want to try at some point is upgrading the Silencers to the PS6 and adding Intensity to each. That leaves room for a standard Omega Leader, Sabacc, or whatever favorite 26 imperial filler you prefer. My initial guess it it won't run as well as QD + the two PS4's since you lose out on her damage output and the magnetic pull she has on the opponent's list (which helps you set up the Silencers). However I'm curious to see how they run when they can tank up with those evade actions.

I've tried something similar to this, but had two PS6 PTL/Advanced Sensors/Autothrusters Silencers and OL. Plays very differently and has lower damage output but is still fun. Not tried Intensity, but Debris Gambit also works on them pretty well. You're paying a lot more for your PS6 and ability to get evade tokens though.

15 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

I'm very happy with the Silencer in general and I hope it'll stand up to all this turreted nonsense

though I have no illusions that any arc-locked ship will have an easier time against a turret than vice-versa, I'll take what I can get

Hey look everyone, @ficklegreendice has something negative to say about turrets.  27,000 posts (?!), and I'd wager at least 13,500 of them are whining about turrets.  :lol:

I mean, I think it's safe to say that by now they are an established and intentional part of the game...

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

2 minutes ago, apoapsis said:

I've tried something similar to this, but had two PS6 PTL/Advanced Sensors/Autothrusters Silencers and OL. Plays very differently and has lower damage output but is still fun. Not tried Intensity, but Debris Gambit also works on them pretty well. You're paying a lot more for your PS6 and ability to get evade tokens though.

Yep, that 5 extra points onto each of them starts eating away at the point efficiency of it all. And Quickdraw is such a magic ingredient to Imperial lists I'm always trying to fit her in, or regretting dropping her out :)

5 hours ago, gennataos said:

@Biophysical (charmingly referred to as The Arc Knight by @Boom Owl) seems to have Ghost/Fenn figured out with this list.  Maybe he'll regale us with his approach.  ;)

I'm not confident that my opponents were using the right strategy against me, but in general, QD/Silencers can drop Fenn pretty fast.  The Silencers pretty much just have to avoid R2 in the arcs of the Ghost, otherwise, they're usually okay.