Fuzzywookie

How do you roll your dice?

I just gently let 'em roll.  I hate it when people fling them and it knocks over stuff or flies off the table.  If it's particularly tense I rub the dice in both hands, hoping to heat them up, all the while rambling on and on about how this is a very important dice roll.  At these moments I try to further build the suspense (or something) by getting others to watch what's about to happen and making lame jokes.

Now, Mrs. Rick is very superstitious when it comes to dice.  She wants nothing to do with dice probabilities or number crunching.  I try to explain data from the X-Wing Calculator site but she just zones out.  It was particularly bad when we used to play Imperial Assault.  Anyways, her scientific form or figuring things out concerning dice is to roll them about four or five times, and from there she assumes it will pretty much always go that way. 

For a while she insisted on putting them in a cup and rolling them onto the table, which I find particularly annoying because of how long it takes.  I cured her of this, thankfully, by repeatedly allowing her a free reroll so long as she didn't use the cup.  There were enough times in which the reroll without the cup was better than the cup roll to convince her to stop it.

Edited by Boba Rick

I cup them in my right hand, shake them a little bit, and kinda swing my hand upward and a bit of over, palm facing to the side so that the dice have just a tad bit of arc and spin to them before falling to the table. I don't do that with my hand very high up though for reasons boba rick mentioned. 

41 minutes ago, skins1924 said:

I throw them as hard as I can at my opponents chest. 

I do that, except my target is my opponent's ships.  If I knock them over with my die, it counts as the ship being destroyed, right? 

Normally for the entire game... until what I feel will be the final round. That's when I bring in a silly, superstitious method that you might feel is stupid and nonsense, but I gotta say, it works 99% of the time. Okay, so, like I said, I roll my dice like a regular human being, then the last round comes. I take my dice, it can be Attack or Defense dice, grip them firm, and talk to them. I say things like "give me the results I like, or I will hunt down your families and make you watch the horrors I do to them." At this point, my opponent is looking at me funny... kinda like I'm insane or something. However, that's just plain wacky since what I do next brings the WHOLE ritual together. Now, pay attention.

Now, dice still in hand, I grip them firm, then release, give them a good couple of shakes. Then I grip them tightly again. I look my opponent in the eye and using the hand with the dice firmly gripped, I punch the throat of my opponent. As they clench their neck, choking, gasping for air and most likely falling to the floor, I can only take that as unquestionable surrender. As my opponent has forfeit, that leaves me the victor. Sure, occasionally there's some wanna be judge screaming such nonsense as "You can't do that!" or "I'm calling the cops!", but such cries make my dice hand hungry for more wind pipes to punch...