Jabberwock150

Alternate Quickdraw builds

Greetings everybody

So Quickdraw is one of my absolute favorite Imperial pilots, and I would love to fly him/her more often. The problem is.....I don't own FCS..or Lightweight Frame....or ASTS, which are all pretty much standard for all of Quickdraw's strong builds. So my question is, are there any passable alternative ways to get a solid Quickdraw on the table, or should I suck it up and try and track down a Phantom/B-wing, Agressor/Striker, and a Quadjumper for those select upgrades? Any advice or ideas are very much appreciated!

Asts? Score to settle?

Score to settle really isn't terribly necessary, it's just an option for budget QD

Fcs and LWF are the ones you REALLY want to go for. FCS especially is just good on almost anything it can go on (lambda is a bit too clunky for it to matter much)

So yeah, I'd track down a Phantom and Striker/gressor do you get the cards you need + ships you can fly alongside QD. 

Personally believe the striker is more enjoyable and easier to put in lists (literally just add "Countdown" and you're set). The 'gressor does have intensity and unguided rockets, however

Alternatively you can use a third party to buy the cards or just proxy for nonsanctioned events 

Edited by ficklegreendice

A cheeky ace sniper that originally made the rounds was QD w/ Rage and Electronic Baffle, plus tech and modifications to flavour. You could jump an opponents ace before they activated, Rage action, Electronic Baffle to strip one of your shields and stress, and hit them with 3-4 well-modified reds while they're tokenless.

In the right situation its pretty killer and one of the few combos that turns an opponent's investment in PS against them.

54 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

So yeah, I'd track down a Phantom and Striker/gressor do you get the cards you need + ships you can fly alongside QD. 

I guess that might just be my best option...I'm just hesitant to spend $20+ on ships I don't really want just for two upgrade cards. The Striker I'd definitely consider though, I've seen some solid lists with Quickdraw and Pure Sabaac.

40 minutes ago, Jabberwock150 said:

I guess that might just be my best option...I'm just hesitant to spend $20+ on ships I don't really want just for two upgrade cards. The Striker I'd definitely consider though, I've seen some solid lists with Quickdraw and Pure Sabaac.

Honestly, FCS is strong enough that I'd consider buying the ships anyway. It's some of the best action economy around and is more or less stapled to certain ships. 

5 hours ago, Jabberwock150 said:

Greetings everybody

So Quickdraw is one of my absolute favorite Imperial pilots, and I would love to fly him/her more often. The problem is.....I don't own FCS..or Lightweight Frame....or ASTS, which are all pretty much standard for all of Quickdraw's strong builds. So my question is, are there any passable alternative ways to get a solid Quickdraw on the table, or should I suck it up and try and track down a Phantom/B-wing, Agressor/Striker, and a Quadjumper for those select upgrades? Any advice or ideas are very much appreciated!

Quickdraw really needs FCS, just for her revenge shot. Without FCS, I might roll with Predator and Advanced Optics for my tech or Expertise/Pattern Analyzer.

"Quickdraw" (29)
Predator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
Special Ops Training (0)

Total: 38

• If you happen to have a copy of Accuracy Corrector, that's not too bad.  On a generic TIE/SF, I think a lot of the time it'll be better than Fire Control System, since sticking to the same target over time might not be as easy.  With QD, FCS is going to be better, since they can attack the same target twice in a round, but getting guaranteed 2 hits isn't too bad, particularly if your strategy is to keep your distance.
  • If you happen to have, say, a TIE Silencer, taking a Debris Gambit for evade tokens might be pretty good.  That'll help you lose shields more slowly, so Quickdraw can maximize their pilot ability attacks.
  • Guidance Chips is totally reasonable if you have a missile.
  • If you happen to have a TIE Punisher, going with TIE Mk.II is pretty nice.  There's a lot of red on that dial, and only 1-bank greens normally.  Expanding to all the banks is pretty nice.
  • Shield Upgrade is probably too expensive, but it's potentially another free attack from QD. At very least, it means an opponent will need to do four damage to you in a turn in order to prevent you from getting more than one attack.  That's not always easy.

//

I mean, FCS/LWF is probably the best build.  These are just interesting things someone might happen to have that seem at least OK.

I like expertise on QD.  It's worth the points on a ship that can potentially attack twice in a round.

FCS is going to beat anything else on her because of the double attack.  It discourages your opponent from shooting her.  If you attack, than get a lock because of it, your opponent really doesn't want to shoot her because the attack-back will have mods.  It's especially brutal if you combine expertise and FCS. 

Unfortunately for you, LWF is hands down, a great option for her.  Guidance chips works ok if you have a missile.  I have seen builds with QD and Vader with missiles and chips, and either a palp shuttle, or a third missile ship to deliver a brutal alpha strike.  But there aren't many scenarios where chips beats LEF

11 minutes ago, wurms said:

Quickdraw really needs FCS, just for her revenge shot. Without FCS, I might roll with Predator and Advanced Optics for my tech or Expertise/Pattern Analyzer.

"Quickdraw" (29)
Predator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
Special Ops Training (0)

Total: 38

This actually works quite well with my current collection, Predator has been my go to EPT of choice to stand in for FCS. 

9 hours ago, Jabberwock150 said:

FCS also comes in the B-Wing expansion, or you can find it on ebay for about $9.00.