FatherTurin

Wave 14 and Scum

Disclaimer: I’m sure this has been mentioned before.

So Wave 14 is coming (eventually) and as of now we have no scum ship.  However, in Q2 2018 we also have a new movie coming, and FFG has released SOMETHING for X-Wing for each new movie.  So.....

Are we getting a Scum Falcon?  I bet we are getting a Scum Falcon.

Its not that I wouldn’t love the chance to play Han and Lando in Scum, and it’s not that I’m not interested in getting a model for the new (old) Falcon design, but this makes 3 falcons.  How many do we need?

Granted, I could be totally wrong, but the timing seems pretty obvious to me.

Don't think the new Falcon will be Scum. I hard Quira in the movie is a rebel, so Han probably helps her with a rebel mission and thusly can be consider ed rebel for the expansion. 

13 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

I'd rather they did something similar to Most Wanted for the new movie.  Give us one or two new ships from the movie (there should be more than just the falcon for scum I'd assume), then give us cardboard and pilot cards to fly the falcon as a scum ship, but not a new model.

If there is to be a scum Falcon/1300, this is the way it must be done.

3rd falcon model is just going to be bonkers.

That said, I do suspect that whatever is coming for scum in the next wave will be tied to the Solo movie somehow. I forget what day it is but sometime this month is the lift of NDAs for some of the Solo merchandise so hopefully we get an announcement of some kind this month.

Posted (edited)

I know we don't need a new falcon model, I really don't want to buy another Falcon model... but I know the temptation to release a model with the new falcon design is going to be too strong for FFG to resist and it will come.

So this will be 3 Falcons in everyones collection...

Is there a reason to buy the OG expansion? 

Nien Numb, Chewbacca Crew, Engine upgrade, Evade title the main reasons for purchase? 

can we start speculating on new cards?

New MF title: add barrel roll to your action bar. When you perform a barrel roll and you would overlap another ship base, take 1 damage to deal that ship 1 faceup damage card.

OR

New MF title: add barrel roll to your action bar. when you perform a barrel roll and you would overlap another ship base you may (insert proper language here) complete your barrel roll and move the overlapped ship anywhere along your ship base where the overlap occurred. *I know there is a more ellgant way to word this*

Edited by Wiredin

I'm fully expecting a Scum Falcon to be added to the wave. I feel with HotR giving us a new model, I don't really see why FFG wouldn't make a new one for Solo. It's possible it would be Rebel, but with only one character maybe having connections to the Rebels, is seems slim. Especially since we already have Rebel pilots for most of the pilot candidates for a new Falcon.

8 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

I know we don't need a new falcon model, I really don't want to buy another Falcon model... but I know the temptation to release a model with the new falcon design is going to be too strong for FFG to resist and it will come.

Nien Numb, Chewbacca Crew, Engine upgrade, Evade title the main reasons for purchase? 

I think OG Han and Chewie pilots could still have a place. 

27 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

can we start speculating on new cards?

New MF title: add barrel roll to your action bar. When you perform a barrel roll and you would overlap another ship base, take 1 damage to deal that ship 1 faceup damage card.

OR

New MF title: add barrel roll to your action bar. when you perform a barrel roll and you would overlap another ship base you may (insert proper language here) complete your barrel roll and move the overlapped ship anywhere along your ship base where the overlap occurred. *I know there is a more ellgant way to word this*

I think the new title would have something to do with the extra bit on the nose of the Falcon, especially if rumors are true and it’s a shutte type ship.

If it makes money they will sell it. I mean history shows ffg has 0 problem releasing things we don’t need and people will buy it. I won’t personally but it would sell therefore it will exist.

Standard yt1300 had weaker weapons  and shielding than what Han modified them into by A New Hope. 2 die turret with a bonus for in arc shots seems the most likely and a slight reduction in overall health. I wouldnt mind a 2 die with mobile arc for an aggressive price, scout style generic and under 50 point Han. 

4 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

Standard yt1300 had weaker weapons  and shielding than what Han modified them into by A New Hope. 2 die turret with a bonus for in arc shots seems the most likely and a slight reduction in overall health. I wouldnt mind a 2 die with mobile arc for an aggressive price, scout style generic and under 50 point Han. 

I don't think they would make a scum ship like that as it would have to similar stats to the JM5K rather it would be a more expensive ship but had the 2 crew slots which will be Sooooo effective with all the good crew scum cards. I'd say imo the same stats as the OG falcon but more expensive with a barrel roll and then have a title to do with the little numb on the top of the spoiler realised model which people are speculating to be a phantom like ship

Posted (edited)

we really don't need another falcon or PWT

especially if that ******* thing ends up competing with the jm5k. Can you imagine how obnoxious it'd have to be to stack up to it? Can you imagine how redundant it would be?

unless, as DTP brought up, it's there exclusively to serve as a jabba caddie (2 crew)

I'd rather we just get cool new stuff from the Solo Movie, so fingers crossed that it'll provide at least that

Edited by ficklegreendice

I can definitely see them releasing the Solo Falcon as Scum. ****, I'd LOVE for them to throw in scum Dials and pilots for the 2400 while they're at it! Dash was never technically a Rebel... he was hired to do a job.

Then again, I think i would be fun to blow the mind of an old returning player by flying the Falcon next to the Slave-1 and be all "No, seriously! This is legal!"

15 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

so similar to how Zack Matthews flies it?

2 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

I can definitely see them releasing the Solo Falcon as Scum. ****, I'd LOVE for them to throw in scum Dials and pilots for the 2400 while they're at it! Dash was never technically a Rebel... he was hired to do a job.

Then again, I think i would be fun to blow the mind of an old returning player by flying the Falcon next to the Slave-1 and be all "No, seriously! This is legal!"

Scum Han + Scum Dash + Scum Boba = Abaddon on earth.

ORS 2.0 

YT-1300 (scum)

Ps 1 25 points

att 2 pwt

Agi 1

hull 7

Shield 4

focus, TL

2 crew (come and join the party Jabba!)

Throw in a new title that launches an escape pod Hounds tooth style and that saves the crew slots and you’re done.  Except for scum versions of Han, Chewie, Lando, as well as scum 2400 cards, scum crew Han Chewie Lando, Han in Z-95, and anything else that we’ve been asking for these past few years

2 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

I'd rather they did something similar to Most Wanted for the new movie.  Give us one or two new ships from the movie (there should be more than just the falcon for scum I'd assume), then give us cardboard and pilot cards to fly the falcon as a scum ship, but not a new model.

Yes. Evryone already have at least one Falcon.

38 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

who is Zack Mathews and what does he fly how?

THEZACKMATTHEWSCAROLINAKRAYTSPODCAST flies the Falcon missing a shield and still beats most of us in this fancy game of plastic and cardboard. 

57 minutes ago, Jiron said:

Yes. Evryone already have at least one Falcon.

Yeah, but the new Falcon design really does look a lot different from the ship(s) people have already.

Untitled.png

...it looks quite a bit less "piece of junk"-y.

2 hours ago, Dwing said:

Don't think the new Falcon will be Scum. I hard Quira in the movie is a rebel, so Han probably helps her with a rebel mission and thusly can be consider ed rebel for the expansion. 

Not possible without some kind of RetCon.  The Rebellion doesn't form until season 3 of 'Star Wars Rebels'...

The 'Solo' movie is set somewhere around 5 to 10 years before this.

(Notably, the only canon information we have on its placement so far is that it is set before the events of the 'Thrawn' novel)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xanderf said:

Yeah, but the new Falcon design really does look a lot different from the ship(s) people have already.

Untitled.png

...it looks quite a bit less "piece of junk"-y.

it does look neat

if the older era translates into new mechanics, like say a bloody mobile arc, it would be worhwhile to add a scum version of the older falcon

course then you'd have to distinguish it from the caster, probably by focusing on the falcon as more support (since it hadn't been upgraded yet) while the Lancer is more combat oriented (hence "pursuit class")

you could reflect this by omitting any sort of gyroscopic mods, making the mobile arc flip far less efficient, as well as having no primary firing arc. Rather, your "primary firing arc" is where the quadrant your mobile arc is facing, or simply disallow it from attacking outside of its mobile firing arc and keep the primary firing arc for other purposes (such as crackshot, outmanuever etc.)

smuggling compartment takes care of access to illicit upgrades, two crew slots gives it a niche as scum's dedicated crew carrier beyond the yv-666, and a lesser dial gives it flavor and keeps the cost relatively cheap (further distinguishing it from the lancer).

Then give it a cool new title and Han/Chewie/Lando in their youth with brand new pilot abilities and you have yourself a ship worth a **** as opposed to just another jumpmaster (or a worse pwt)

Edited by ficklegreendice

28 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

it does look neat

if the older era translates into new mechanics, like say a bloody mobile arc, it would be worhwhile to add a scum version of the older falcon

course then you'd have to distinguish it from the caster, probably by focusing on the falcon as more support (since it hadn't been upgraded yet) while the Lancer is more combat oriented (hence "pursuit class")

you could reflect this by omitting any sort of gyroscopic mods, making the mobile arc flip far less efficient, as well as having no primary firing arc. Rather, your "primary firing arc" is where the quadrant your mobile arc is facing, or simply disallow it from attacking outside of its mobile firing arc and keep the primary firing arc for other purposes (such as crackshot, outmanuever etc.)

smuggling compartment takes care of access to illicit upgrades, two crew slots gives it a niche as scum's dedicated crew carrier beyond the yv-666, and a lesser dial gives it flavor and keeps the cost relatively cheap (further distinguishing it from the lancer).

Then give it a cool new title and Han/Chewie/Lando in their youth with brand new pilot abilities and you have yourself a ship worth a **** as opposed to just another jumpmaster (or a worse pwt)

I'd be all over a Falcon like this. The no primary arc with a Mobile arc sounds pretty fun.