Sign in to follow this  
ScumDan

System Open Hanover Livestream

Hello X-Wing community

This weekend (7th & 8th of April) we will be streaming the System Open Series Hanover. Live coverage will start approximately 10-15 minutes before the first round starts. Commentary will be in English and we will try to get the players in front of the camera for some interviews after each game. Friday night after setup we will try to interview someone from Organized Play or Vince Kingston (Marshall) to recap the latest System Open tournaments, what to expect for Hanover and maybe get a glimpse of the future of X-Wing OP. All videos will be avaible on YouTube as well shortly after (I´ll post the links here then).
Feel free to post some questions for the Friday night interview and I´ll try to get them answered.

Twitch Link:  click www.twitch.tv/xwingshg

Hope you`ll tune in

Day 2 is about to start at around 10 am CET. The first match on stream will be Jonas Klein playing Dengar Sol Sixxa against Dirk Sefrin. The Top 32 Game features a very interesting list of Captain Jostero, Thweek and Sol Sixxa played Johannes Schwarz against Tobias Miy playing Dash Nym. 

Tune in!

Miranda/Nym vs Ghost/Fenn for the finals !

Are you sur these lists are not a problem and that everyone have a counter to deal ? :P

#Meta #Nofunallowed #NerfQuickdraw #Legionisthefutur

Edited by Arkanta974

13 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Well, one set of players are obviously still miserable and salty as ****, so there's still that

I'm having a great time!  I don't have to play against Miranda and Ghost Fenn.

#livefreedontjoin

Seems like a healthy meta to me....if you play Rebels.

I'm just happy the game caters to children now, I like that my 4 year old cousin can play Ghost/Fenn and have a reasonable chance of winning a regional. I hope the next wave introduces more rebel ships that don't need any meaningful decision-making, I'd love it if I could build a list that I could train my dog to play. Spam more TLT's Ranger! Good boy! You're so skilled! Yes you are!

At least there's people like Duncan Howard still playing Palp Aces to showcase that certain aspects of this game reward skill and practiced flying.

Funny thing is, that the runner up was only playing his fourth tournament ever. That shows either what a good player he is or how strong Rebels are at the moment. Anyway, had a lot of fun streaming and thanks to everyone watching :)

4 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Well, one set of players are obviously still miserable and salty as ****, so there's still that

I wonder if it's the ones who go on the internet and tryhard to prove how unsalty they are.

5 hours ago, Favoritism Flight Games said:

Seems like a healthy meta to me....if you play Rebels.

I'm just happy the game caters to children now, I like that my 4 year old cousin can play Ghost/Fenn and have a reasonable chance of winning a regional. I hope the next wave introduces more rebel ships that don't need any meaningful decision-making, I'd love it if I could build a list that I could train my dog to play. Spam more TLT's Ranger! Good boy! You're so skilled! Yes you are!

At least there's people like Duncan Howard still playing Palp Aces to showcase that certain aspects of this game reward skill and practiced flying.

Exactly. At the moment it seems that Rebels are really dominating. I took part in the Hanover System Open... I WON all my games... except when I had to play against rebels (against rebels I only managed 1 win).

Maybe I just use the wrong tools (Empire) or just the wrong tactic. Rebel decisions seems so much easier. Especially because they are not arc-dependand nor need any actions.

They do everything best: bombing, regeneration, point fortressing (Miranda  or Ghost with Shuttle), soak up immense amounts of damage - while having 16 hitpoints and being able to arcdodge.... I could keep on going.

Frustration Level high. Maybe I just have to git gud.

19 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Yeah, why would anyone be annoyed? It's not like anyone extrapolated the events of one big (very big) tourney, spammed popular US podcast pages, or started a nearly page thread to try and put forth the theory that one set of players is more willing to create a more diverse or evolved meta :P ...