Zrob314

Permit Painting (R2-D2, C-3PO and Operative Luke)

On 10/21/2019 at 9:19 AM, BigBadAndy said:

I’m tempted to copy this scheme for my own veterans.  I love the idea of Hoth troopers but on both the radar laser canon and the tauntauns I’ve found them a pain in the neck to paint...

So, it's Skragg Brown for the brown bits, 4:1 White:Screaming Skull for the cloth white bits. Dead White (vallejo game color) for the leather/plastic bits

Brown is washed in agrax earthshade

White is washed in 5:3 Medium:Nuln Oil

The blue guns for the troopers were Kantor blue washed with drakkenhof nightshade

Highlights:

Brown: Mix XV-88 into the skragg brown for increasing highlights

White Cloth: Add more white into your White/Screaming skull mix

White Plastic and Leather: Highlight with White and Dead White. 

Edited by Zrob314

The clones look fantastic. How did you get the shading right? I've tried a few different methods on storms, and I'm tempted to give contrast paint a go, but I've always struggled getting the shading right on white armor.

2 hours ago, Dcalov said:

The clones look fantastic. How did you get the shading right? I've tried a few different methods on storms, and I'm tempted to give contrast paint a go, but I've always struggled getting the shading right on white armor.

A 50/50 mix of lahmian medium and nuln oil works a treat (after MANY imperial assault stormie paints)

19 hours ago, Dcalov said:

It's the shade noted above for the shell and black contrast paint for the bodysuit.  

Watch this

On 11/16/2019 at 2:16 PM, Achinadav said:

That's a lot of clones! They look great. Am I right in thinking that they're more posable than previous releases?

Sort of.  The peg and slot for the arms and head is a generic cylinder.  SO I mixed a lot of the basic parts up and some of them I posed by soaking in hot water then shaping.  5 of them maybe are looking up, and little things like that.  I think I have two that look alike but I really did try to make each one unique.  

6 hours ago, OuterPop said:

Cpl. Jack there in the middle is looking backwards.  He needs to be...corrected.

Captain Jack in the middle is relaying his orders to the guys behind him because it's easier to hear when the speaker is facing you.