Tonbo Karasu

Elemental Cycle & Scorpion Pack Spoilers

38 minutes ago, Khudzlin said:

It wouldn't be a problem if roles were not locked.

I never said it was a problem I was just drawing scorpions attention to the fact that it's role locked so they can consider that at the next couple opportunities for new/additional roles.

Edited by Ishi Tonu

I'm not sure how I feel about Shahai. A 4 Pol with Shugenja and Covert for 4 is decent so she'll see play in Unicorn, but the ability is pretty underwhelming.

I dislike that Void Fist makes you play at least two cards first. Feels like that would result in a lot of sub optimal plays to get it to go off.

6 hours ago, shineyorkboy said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Shahai. A 4 Pol with Shugenja and Covert for 4 is decent so she'll see play in Unicorn, but the ability is pretty underwhelming.

I dislike that Void Fist makes you play at least two cards first. Feels like that would result in a lot of sub optimal plays to get it to go off.

It's going to replace 2 high kicks inn my monk deck

Here's a cool combo of it works,  have mitsu on board, hurricane punch and void fist in hand.

Punch, mitsu punch, void fist.

Net 4 military, lose no card advantage, bow and send home 1 enemy

Wow, that's some disgusting interaction there and it really punishes some holding buildings even further. They flip and see two guys, you discard the better of the two and leave them with the sub-optimal choice (usually a keeper).

29 minutes ago, Hordeoverseer said:

Wow, that's some disgusting interaction there and it really punishes some holding buildings even further. They flip and see two guys, you discard the better of the two and leave them with the sub-optimal choice (usually a keeper).

On the protective side for others, since it requires a Scholar character in play the other player will at least have a chance for one character in first round. It definitely can make a bad flop for an opponent worse in later rounds.

It also means they'll probably get the fate for passing first, and the province refills faceup, so there are multiple safeguards preventing terribly bad flops. And it means that the Phoenix would be down a visible character as well. That use of it seems fair to me. It's interesting that Phoenix is getting the most 'disrupt your opponent's draws' mechanics, between it and Lighthouse.

Well, it has some interest interactions as a control card. 

Mostly for holdings, but also to stop a Charge! (It doesn’t even have to be in Dynasty phase), or to discard a copy of a Unique already in play so they don’t get the discard to put one more Fate  

The province refills face up, so sometimes you’ll do your opponent a favor if they flip a better character. Unless you pair this with Magnificent Lighthouse.

Also, it requires a Scholar, and we “only” have 5 right now (one of them being Fire Tensai Initiate), so we have to build a bit of our deck around it. I only have 3 of them right now, to put an example. 

18 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Well, it has some interest interactions as a control card. 

Mostly for holdings, but also to stop a Charge! (It doesn’t even have to be in Dynasty phase), or to discard a copy of a Unique already in play so they don’t get the discard to put one more Fate  

The province refills face up, so sometimes you’ll do your opponent a favor if they flip a better character. Unless you pair this with Magnificent Lighthouse.

Also, it requires a Scholar, and we “only” have 5 right now (one of them being Fire Tensai Initiate), so we have to build a bit of our deck around it. I only have 3 of them right now, to put an example. 

You also gain Scholar with the Seal, and based on the honor interaction for the one scholar character its not unheard of for Phoenix to actually run their Seal (unlike most of the other clans)

1 hour ago, Hordeoverseer said:

Is this...a real card?

I thought Togashi Teijo wouldn't be around yet.

@BayushiFugu is one of the habitual posters of the “Fanmade cards” thread. 

I think this is just one of those made-up cards, but Fugu posted it on the wrong thread. The ability is very similar to the one Teijo had in O5R, and Fugu is very prone to adapt old CCG cards to the LCG format. 

Edited by Tabris2k

8 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

@BayushiFugu is one of the habitual posters of the “Fanmade cards” thread. 

I think this is just one of those made-up cards, but Fugu posted it on the wrong thread. The ability is very similar to the one Teijo had in O5R, and Fugu is very prone to adapt old CCG cards to the LCG format. 

OOps! some how my card idea was shinobi'd into this forum. My bad! :)

107759610_image1(1).JPG.27d32a7645ef71ec690c7431fc7b9ad2.JPG

New spoiler from Rokugang (Found on the Discord). Text is:

4-cost Kitsu Warrior
2/2/0
For each [MIL] ring that is
claimed, this character gets +2 [MIL].
For each [POL] ring that is
claimed, this character gets +2 [POL].

Edited by jgibbo90

2 minutes ago, HamHamJ2 said:

Good in multiplayer? 

Already banned in multiplayer just like Beastmaster Matriarch.

Probably the most uninspired card from the set, which is a shame because the art is terrific.