Dusty27

Realms of Terrinoth Shipping!!!!

48 minutes ago, ElderKoala said:

I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow, but I'll see if it's the FLGS' shipment.  We ordered it in time, I just don't know if her distributor gets 1st Run deliveries. 

Mine will be here either Saturday or Monday. The Game stores near me either wouldn't call their distributor to see if they could get a copy on release day or basically said I had to come preorder it, if I wanted it. Which I was fine doing if they could promise me a launch day copy, which they wouldn't. So I ended up ordering online from a place that was getting 20 copies. I'd still buy the pdf right now as well. So I can read it at work on my kindle during breaks.

I order through my FLGS, but the stuff they get through Alliance, FFG's main NA distributor, is hit or miss. Some stuff they get on release, but it took two or three weeks post release for them to get Fully Operational.

Does anybody feel up to stealing me a copy early? I promise I'll send a thank you letter when you're in prison.

Is reading minds, shapeshift, or teleporting covered in the Terrinoth book?  I know there is the psionic race for telepathy but I know one of my players will really want to teleport...

1 minute ago, martyjopson said:

Well, will you look at that: Realms of Terrinoth is currently listed as "Out of Stock". Does that mean they have sold the entire print run already - or - just not updated the page somehow?

Glad I put in a preorder with a shop in London. Just no word on when the books will hit the UK stores. 

If it's like Genysys Core, it means the first run has left their own warehouses 100%.  There might be some in the wild, but they have none in reserve and now we wait on 2nd Printing.

Well, my FLDS just confirmed that they will not be getting Terrinoth in today, or tomorrow, or possibly next week. This is after pre-ordering it. This is not the first time this is happened at that store. I am not happy with the situation.

18 minutes ago, Simon Retold said:

Well, my FLDS just confirmed that they will not be getting Terrinoth in today, or tomorrow, or possibly next week. This is after pre-ordering it. This is not the first time this is happened at that store. I am not happy with the situation.

US? Because my local store has the same problem with FFG's stuff. Alliance, the distributor, apparently doesn't work well with them, so they get stuff a few weeks late.

16 minutes ago, Swordbreaker said:

US? Because my local store has the same problem with FFG's stuff. Alliance, the distributor, apparently doesn't work well with them, so they get stuff a few weeks late.

You don’t happen to be in Wichita, Kansas, do you?

6 minutes ago, Simon Retold said:

You don’t happen to be in Wichita, Kansas, do you?

Nah. Halfway across the country, actually. But I know Alliance is the distributor for the entire US, so if it's bad in one place, it's bound to be bad elsewhere.

Well if anyone lives in Henderson NV, a certain game store had a copy in when I absconded with my pre-ordered one...

..although that was about 6 pm :P

Now I have reading material!

(although I should be making a character for the 5E game my friend is starting Saturday)

On 4/15/2018 at 10:35 AM, GM Hooly said:

There are 11 different Heroic Abilities:

All the Facts, Connected, Foretelking, Hard to Kill, Influential, Miraculous Recovery, Paragon, Sixth Sense, Signature Weapon, Unbowed, and Unleashed.

Each of these have Standard, Improved and Supreme effects, while there are a list of additional effects you can upgrade as add-ons:

Duration, Frequency, Power, Secondary Effect, and Story.

Each time your character gains 50XP in total earned XP, they gain an Ability Point which is spent to upgrade the Heroic Ability. Some upgrades cost more than 1.

I don't particularly like the setup of the Signature Abilities in Star Wars as players tend to favor their talents, powers and skill ranks over them but I think they'd enjoy them more if there wasn't such a huge xp cost.

Do you believe it would be easy to port over the Heroic Abilities into Star Wars?

34 minutes ago, GroggyGolem said:

I don't particularly like the setup of the Signature Abilities in Star Wars as players tend to favor their talents, powers and skill ranks over them but I think they'd enjoy them more if there wasn't such a huge xp cost.

Do you believe it would be easy to port over the Heroic Abilities into Star Wars?

Easy enough. The abilities are straight forward and adaptable to any setting. It might be a little jarring if you insert them into the middle of a long-running game, but your mileage may vary.

The abilities have a definite heroic, super cinematic feel to them. They may feel out of place if you ever want to play a more grounded, grittier game, either in Star Wars or another setting.

27 minutes ago, Swordbreaker said:

1. Easy enough. The abilities are straight forward and adaptable to any setting. It might be a little jarring if you insert them into the middle of a long-running game, but your mileage may vary.

2. The abilities have a definite heroic, super cinematic feel to them. They may feel out of place if you ever want to play a more grounded, grittier game, either in Star Wars or another setting.

1. Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

2. One of my groups had a session about a month ago in which a couch bomb was crafted using the improvised explosive talent (a literal couch filled with grenades, which was then dropped out of the cargo bay of a ship in atmo, guided by the mad bomber himself, towards a ship traveling straight upwards toward him.) So you might say things aren't super serious in my games (tho to be fair that character was dying from the fall after his bungee cord snapped but was saved at the last second by the group's Jedi).

36 minutes ago, Swordbreaker said:

The abilities have a definite heroic, super cinematic feel to them. They may feel out of place if you ever want to play a more grounded, grittier game, either in Star Wars or another setting.

You could definitely take those and tune them to your setting with very little difficulty, I would say.