Dusty27

Realms of Terrinoth Shipping!!!!

On 4/19/2018 at 6:00 AM, yrtalien said:

Is reading minds, shapeshift, or teleporting covered in the Terrinoth book?  I know there is the psionic race for telepathy but I know one of my players will really want to teleport...

Shapeshifting is! There's the base tier 1 and a tier 2 (advanced) version.

The tier 1 is The Beast Within from the mongrel species, and the advanced version is Human Spirit

As for teleporting, it is sort of covered. There's a runebound shard that lets you teleport to anyplace in sight within extreme range as an action. Or, if you've been somewhere before, you can make an Average Vigilance check to teleport there..

Nothing specifically on reading minds, but that sounds like an opposed magic skill check to me.

1 hour ago, GroggyGolem said:

I don't particularly like the setup of the Signature Abilities in Star Wars as players tend to favor their talents, powers and skill ranks over them but I think they'd enjoy them more if there wasn't such a huge xp cost.

Do you believe it would be easy to port over the Heroic Abilities into Star Wars?

There's only one heroic ability that can't be ported 1:1, and that's signature weapon. It has stats for Melee (Light), Melee (Heavy), Brawl and Ranged. For Star Wars you'd need Ranged (Light) and Ranged (Heavy) variants.

Also, the materials it can be made out of are fantasy names "dwarven" and "elven". But all you have to do there is rename them, keeping the effects the same.

6 hours ago, c__beck said:

There's only one heroic ability that can't be ported 1:1, and that's signature weapon. It has stats for Melee (Light), Melee (Heavy), Brawl and Ranged. For Star Wars you'd need Ranged (Light) and Ranged (Heavy) variants.

Also, the materials it can be made out of are fantasy names "dwarven" and "elven". But all you have to do there is rename them, keeping the effects the same.

Easy enough to modify with the literal stroke of a pen.

On 20/04/2018 at 1:18 AM, jan-michael-vincent said:

For those who got the book. How is the crafting system looking? Robust enough to use in other settings?

When you craft you create an already existing piece of equipment. Difficulty and time is based off Rarity, material price is based off original item price. There’s a table for spending advantage/Threat/Triumph/Despair with none of the craziest stuff from SW, the table is generic too so there’s no item quality stuff other than Encumbrance and hard points/attachments 

On 20/04/2018 at 1:18 AM, jan-michael-vincent said:

For those who got the book. How is the crafting system looking? Robust enough to use in other settings?

When you craft you create an already existing piece of equipment. Difficulty and time is based off Rarity, material price is based off original item price. There’s a table for spending advantage/Threat/Triumph/Despair with none of the craziest stuff from SW, the table is generic too so there’s no item quality stuff other than Encumbrance and hard points/attachments