Dusty27

Realms of Terrinoth Shipping!!!!

52 minutes ago, dbm_ said:

There was a question over on RPG.net re whether there were any non-White European humans in the artwork? Anyone care to comment?

I remember the time, when not skin color in artwork nor skin color of real people did divide players. Simply put, we were all humans. Today it seems everybody is obsessed with what seperates people and not what unites them.

After all we are talking about fantastic settings and every group can create or alter new/existing settings as they please. I did play female PCs, a black shaman, arabs in Al Quadim and several asian PCs (among a couple of elves and dwarves) in my long career of roleplaying. RPGs are about playing and imaging to be somebody different anyways.

I guess the Genesys community is very relaxed when it comes to this issue and that's how I like it :)

45 minutes ago, DarthDude said:

I remember the time, when not skin color in artwork nor skin color of real people did divide players. Simply put, we were all humans. Today it seems everybody is obsessed with what seperates people and not what unites them.

After all we are talking about fantastic settings and every group can create or alter new/existing settings as they please. I did play female PCs, a black shaman, arabs in Al Quadim and several asian PCs (among a couple of elves and dwarves) in my long career of roleplaying. RPGs are about playing and imaging to be somebody different anyways.

I make no value judgements, just thought it would be good to get an affirmative answer if appropriate. Better to let it lie otherwise...

1 hour ago, DarthDude said:

I'm curious if FFG plans to publish Terrinoth or other setting related adventures/campaigns like what they did for Star Wars.

Well, it would be baffling if they aren’t planning on doing a starter box for each setting. Partly because they've made several for their Star Wars line but mostly because the cost of entry of CRB plus RoT plus Dice Pack is quite steep. And while going all digital reduces this a lot, you can't put that on general retail store shelves for prospective impulse purchases. Well, PC game publishers have shown that you can, but that's quite the different beast. As for further adventures: Probably about as many for Genesys as a whole as for their Star Wars RPG? On the one hand they won't have to go through licensing channels, but on the other lower sale prospects should mean fewer resources which could round about cancel each other out. And I can't imagine they'd foolishly leave any Genesys setting book out to dry (and die) completely on its own.

4 hours ago, martyjopson said:

How about a starting scenario? Does it contain one of them? Or even just some scenario seeds. My son is hoping to run with this for his mates and is going to need some pre-written stuff to get him started.

There is a Terrinoth adventure for free in the Genesys product page.

So it sounds like the vast majority of the book is fluff? Which sounds awesome to me! 

Can someone with the book give us a rundown on the table of contents and how many pages in each section?

Also wondering if there are a bunch of NPCs in the book, i really love a setting book that's crammed with NPCs for my players to interact with.

mal

33 minutes ago, Mserabian said:

So it sounds like the vast majority of the book is fluff? Which sounds awesome to me! 

Can someone with the book give us a rundown on the table of contents and how many pages in each section?

Also wondering if there are a bunch of NPCs in the book, i really love a setting book that's crammed with NPCs for my players to interact with.

mal

Much of the book is fluff. Three chapters. The second are the mechanics. The third is where the NPC stats are. 

Chapter I: Tales of Darkness is about 36 pages. This is fluff about the world of Terrinoth.

Chapter II: Call to Adventure is about 76 pages of mechanics.

Chapter III: Lands of Magic is about a 130 pages of more fluff and NPCs.

55 minutes ago, Dusty27 said:

Do they have detailed spells?

Detailed spells? In what way? There are talents with spell-like names that make casting easier.

29 minutes ago, ccedestate said:

Is there a definitive map of Terrinoth with the Descent scenario locations on it?

There is a map. How definitive it is I can't say. I am not familiar with the board games. 

I know the book hasn't been released yet...but if by chance someone received an early copy I would like to ask: Is there any sign of an Undead PC race? Or any traditionally 'evil' PC races (dark elves, demons, etc) ? Don't want to know the stats or anything; I'd prefer to find that out for myself. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Weedles and Fries said:

I know the book hasn't been released yet...but if by chance someone received an early copy I would like to ask: Is there any sign of an Undead PC race? Or any traditionally 'evil' PC races (dark elves, demons, etc) ? Don't want to know the stats or anything; I'd prefer to find that out for myself. Thank you.

There are orcs with sub-races. There is a deep elf sub-race. No definitively evil races though as any race could be treated as such. If you want undead I would use the revenant from the steampunk setting in the core book.

11 minutes ago, Weedles and Fries said:

I don't have my copy yet but I think the only new races are cat-folk and gnomes with variants for all the races (sans humans). From what I understand, none are explicitly good or evil.

It would probably be fairly easy to take an NPC villain and extrapolate a race from their, though. I imagine that they will at least have some undead stated out for the Mistlands as that area is the setting's undead-Mordor allegory. For that matter, I would imagine there are probably stats for things like goblins as well. And we already have Beastmen and Ogres from the Core book.

Anyone who has it, though, feel free to correct me here.

8 hours ago, DarthDude said:

I'm curious if FFG plans to publish Terrinoth or other setting related adventures/campaigns like what they did for Star Wars.

I obviously don’t know and even if I did, NDAs would prevent me from saying anyway. However, I would suggest any expansion is going to be solely based on the popularity of this product. So can I suggest you buy a copy and make sure your players buy a copy as well.

1 minute ago, GM Hooly said:

I obviously don’t know and even if I did, NDAs would prevent me from saying anyway. However, I would suggest any expansion is going to be solely based on the popularity of this product. So can I suggest you buy a copy and make sure your players buy a copy as well.

I'm hoping my FLGS was able to get a first print run from her distributor.  FFG is not a huge 'thing' out this way, but man... I'm not sure if FFG's first print runs are anemic or they jut had high demand, but so far, two first print runs went dry on initial shippers (or so it seems, anyway.)

1 minute ago, GM Hooly said:

My hardback is already pre-ordered and the pdf mine as soon as Drivethrugh lists it :D

I ported the gencon adventure into the Space 1889 setting and the first session with my group was a blast. They were new to Genesys but their reception of the system was even better than I hoped for! :lol:

Will you publish some notes of your Night's Edge setting, btw? 

1 minute ago, ElderKoala said:

I'm hoping my FLGS was able to get a first print run from her distributor.  FFG is not a huge 'thing' out this way, but man... I'm not sure if FFG's first print runs are anemic or they jut had high demand, but so far, two first print runs went dry on initial shippers (or so it seems, anyway.)

FFG always seem to underestimate their print runs, but those sorts of orders need to be done months in advance. I’m hoping they do Terrinoth as a PDF to keep people satisfied in the meantime.

6 minutes ago, DarthDude said:

My hardback is already pre-ordered and the pdf mine as soon as Drivethrugh lists it :D

I ported the gencon adventure into the Space 1889 setting and the first session with my group was a blast. They were new to Genesys but their reception of the system was even better than I hoped for! :lol:

Will you publish some notes of your Night's Edge setting, btw? 

Great news there for your Space 1889 conversion.

and yes, we are working hard on a Night’s Edge Setting document.

Edited by GM Hooly

Just now, GM Hooly said:

FFG always seem to underestimate their print runs, but those sorts of orders need to be done months in advance. I’m hoping they do Terrinoth as a PDF to keep people satisfied in the meantime.

I try to avoid ordering direct from publishers or internet distributors if I can get it from my FLGS for obvious reasons.  But getting FFG.. or anything non-WOTC / Paizo.. in this area is a fight.  NetRunner was looked at like I was speaking some dark language that sought to undo the holy empire of MTG. lol.  EOTE went over well because they were still on D20 Saga.... O.O.  But yea.. uphill battle.  But I try!