Jump to content
Dusty27

Realms of Terrinoth Shipping!!!!

Recommended Posts

Yes! New talents? I know there’s a lot but can we get some details on the more interesting ones?

Do Heroic Abilities cover the gamut of Skills as well as narrative effects? Are some focused on magic? What about social encounters? What are some of the standard upgrades and how do the basic/Improved/Supreme versions differ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get a quick rundown of minions (just minions)? Just the name, number of characteristics rated two or better, and number of group skills.

E.g., Genesys Core fantasy section has:

Skeleton 3/4

Beastman 3/3

Edited by CMink
Clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GM Hooly said:

Short answer - No.

There are two new Spell Skills, Runes and Verse.

So a next question. I assume while there aren't any new spells actions, there must be some new spell effects (ie. Only Verse or Only Rune). Is that correct? Any examples?

Edited by Armoks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mouthymerc said:

Disciple, envoy, mage, primalist, scholar, scoundrel, scout and warrior.

The others are obvious, but envoy and scholar don't leave me with a clear class impression. The former sounds the most like a Verse caster while the latter could be almost anything... an alchemist maybe? Right? Wrong?

8 hours ago, GM Hooly said:

9 Careers

So which is it? Eight or nine? Which reminds me, the article on magic called runemaster a variant of the mage career. Were they just being fancy in their phrasing and mouthymerc forgot to list this one? Or are "variants" (i.e. subclasses) actually a thing? If so, how many? ... Or did they perhaps just rename runemasters to scholars at the last minute before printing the book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grill for answers now and be disappointed or elated, or wait for the book and be disappointed or elated?

They added back the animal riding rules, yeah? Anything stand out that's changed? Talents tied to riding other than Spur, particularly combat related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twincast said:

The others are obvious, but envoy and scholar don't leave me with a clear class impression. The former sounds the most like a Verse caster while the latter could be almost anything... an alchemist maybe? Right? Wrong?

So which is it? Eight or nine? Which reminds me, the article on magic called runemaster a variant of the mage career. Were they just being fancy in their phrasing and mouthymerc forgot to list this one? Or are "variants" (i.e. subclasses) actually a thing? If so, how many? ... Or did they perhaps just rename runemasters to scholars at the last minute before printing the book?

There is the Runemaster which is the same as Mage, but replaces Arcana with Runes. It’s easy to miss as it’s mentioned in a side bar.

Edited by GM Hooly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swordbreaker said:

Grill for answers now and be disappointed or elated, or wait for the book and be disappointed or elated?

They added back the animal riding rules, yeah? Anything stand out that's changed? Talents tied to riding other than Spur, particularly combat related?

Mounted combat is in there. It takes up about 5 paragraphs. As for Talents related to Mounted Combat, there is Cavalier which is a Tier 3 Talent which allows you to direct your mount (Maneuver) to perform an action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Armoks said:

So a next question. I assume while there aren't any new spells actions, there must be some new spell effects (ie. Only Verse or Only Rune). Is that correct? Any examples?

There are no new spell effects as such but Runes do have their own rule set based off the Runes themselves. Each of the two new Magic Skills have a different combination of action types which is presented in a nice table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Johan Marek Phoenix Knight said:

This is what I have been most excited about! (That and crafting.) What are the different Heroic Abilities?

There are 11 different Heroic Abilities:

All the Facts, Connected, Foretelking, Hard to Kill, Influential, Miraculous Recovery, Paragon, Sixth Sense, Signature Weapon, Unbowed, and Unleashed.

Each of these have Standard, Improved and Supreme effects, while there are a list of additional effects you can upgrade as add-ons:

Duration, Frequency, Power, Secondary Effect, and Story.

Each time your character gains 50XP in total earned XP, they gain an Ability Point which is spent to upgrade the Heroic Ability. Some upgrades cost more than 1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, runemaster is a variant of the Mage career. Envoys are your talky career, while scholars are characters that focus on "secrets of the natural world". Scholars have Alchemy and Runes as career skills.

Magic skills can only be invested in only if they are a career skill. There are talents that give them as career skills such as Templar (T1) and Bard (T2). This means that you could have a "paladin" by having the warrior career with the Templar talent giving Divine as a career skill. Or you can have a "skald", warrior taking the Bard talent thus giving the Verse skill. And so on.

Whoops missed one of Heroic abilities. There is 11. Thought there was 10. That's what I  get for looking too quick. 

 

Edited by mouthymerc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there new talents especially for magic? Does the book elaborate a little bit more on magic in general as well which helps with the magic tone already provided in the Genesys Core Rulebook?

What's about rituals (powerful spells needing preperations and time to cast or maybe a circle of mages)?

Oh, and out of curiosity. Is the material provided in the book sufficent to recreate existing known fantasy settings like Forgotten Realms/AlQuadim or Lord of the Rings? 

Edited by DarthDude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Masablasta said:

How do people already have the book? My preorder through FFG still says pending after receiving a pre shipping email a week or so ago?

Two copies were auctioned off at Gamercon, and some places in Canada seem to have already got their shipments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarthDude said:

Are there new talents especially for magic? Does the book elaborate a little bit more on magic in general as well which helps with the magic tone already provided in the Genesys Core Rulebook?

What's about rituals (powerful spells needing preperations and time to cast or maybe a circle of mages)?

Oh, and out of curiosity. Is the material provided in the book sufficent to recreate existing known fantasy settings like Forgotten Realms/AlQuadim or Lord of the Rings? 

There are different talents which allow you to add effects without the upgrade in difficulty. There are also implement materials, which can also affect your spell casting.

Nothing specific  on rituals.

It is a good start for running games in either of those settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GM Hooly said:

There are no new spell effects as such but Runes do have their own rule set based off the Runes themselves. Each of the two new Magic Skills have a different combination of action types which is presented in a nice table.

Can you unveil the mystery of Elven Magic? Is it playable for characters? What makes it different from "normal" magic from the Genesys corebook?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Armoks said:

Can you unveil the mystery of Elven Magic? Is it playable for characters? What makes it different from "normal" magic from the Genesys corebook?

Elven Magic is no different that ordinary magic but does have a number of pages dedicated to the fluff behind it. Its abstract to allow GMs the ability to mess with it based off the player's and GMs descriptions.

Edited by GM Hooly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a starting scenario? Does it contain one of them? Or even just some scenario seeds. My son is hoping to run with this for his mates and is going to need some pre-written stuff to get him started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, martyjopson said:

How about a starting scenario? Does it contain one of them? Or even just some scenario seeds. My son is hoping to run with this for his mates and is going to need some pre-written stuff to get him started.

This is not a starting scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×