Dusty27

Realms of Terrinoth Shipping!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mogloth said:

When is the PDF supposed to go on sale?

I would imagine in about a week. Time for the the gaming stores that have special status for earlier release to sell them and for those that pre-ordered to get them.

7 minutes ago, Johan Marek Phoenix Knight said:

You have it!?!? Tell us more about these heroic abilities! What types are there?

There are ten abilities that all come in three levels; base, improved, and supreme. Costs two story points to activate them. You can obtain upgrades through their purchase.

9 minutes ago, mouthymerc said:

There are ten abilities that all come in three levels; base, improved, and supreme. Costs two story points to activate them. You can obtain upgrades through their purchase.

Are these the Formidable Talents?  I though they upgraded every 50xp ... thus three levels seems limiting...

42 minutes ago, GamerTnT said:

Are these the Formidable Talents?  I though they upgraded every 50xp ... thus three levels seems limiting...

These are the heroic abilities. Beyond the three base levels there are upgrades which can also be purchased.

Wow, that's really an advanced delivery. 

OK, I'm itching to know things about the magic system. From what I have learnt is that no new magical actions. So I assume verse and rune are new magical skills which use the normal magical actions but with its own combination... Right? 

I also assume rune need to runeshards to cast. I also assume verse uses Presence. Assumptions correct? 

Any crunchy detail on them? 

Any twist on Arcane, Divine and Primal? 

What is elven magic about? 

8 hours ago, mouthymerc said:

Any questions will have to wait till I get home from work tonight unless someone else with the book can answer them.

I'd kind of like to know what all careers are included, as well as the player races. Just a listing to see what it offers.

18 hours ago, Solkar77 said:

Wow, that's really an advanced delivery. 

OK, I'm itching to know things about the magic system. From what I have learnt is that no new magical actions. So I assume verse and rune are new magical skills which use the normal magical actions but with its own combination... Right? 

I also assume rune need to runeshards to cast. I also assume verse uses Presence. Assumptions correct? 

Any crunchy detail on them? 

Any twist on Arcane, Divine and Primal? 

What is elven magic about? 

I am not familiar with Terrinoth, so how accurate to the setting it is I have no idea.

Verse and Runes are new magic skills. They work much the same as the other magic skills. There is a table which shows which magic actions can be taken with which magic skills. Depending on which magic skill you have you may be able to use some magic actions but not others. Whether you choose to follow it is up to you.

Implements are a big deal in casting magic. Runebound shards have their own section separate from the information on implements so there is some detail.

There is information on Gods, music magic, spiritspeaking, and eleen magic, but it all appears to be more fluff.

2 hours ago, CapnNemo said:

I'd kind of like to know what all careers are included, as well as the player races. Just a listing to see what it offers.

Disciple, envoy, mage, primalist, scholar, scoundrel, scout and warrior.

Human, elves, dwarves, orcs, catfolk, and gnomes. All the races (except humans) come with sub-species so they are expanded on compared to the generic versions in the core book. No reason you couldn't use the other three versions of humans if you so choose.

20 minutes ago, GM Hooly said:

I have a copy and it glorious!

There will be questions a plenty though...

Do they list specific spells or is it open ended ala core book?

New Talents: Examples, how many?

New stuff we don’t already know about?

Please and thank you!