Dusty27

Realms of Terrinoth Shipping!!!!

3 hours ago, DarthGM said:

There are about 50-55 adversaries in it. Monsters, NPCs, Dragons, Undead...nice spread.

Best monster ability is the kobold's "Not Another One!"

For 2 Threat another kobold appears.

For a Depsair, another kobold minion group appears.

HI-LARIOUS

One of the things I really love about this system is how they've embraced the narrative dice to create differences between creatures, weapons, etc.  They're not just stats (health, soak, damage), but they have unique ways to spend threats/advantages that make them unique.

Very cool. 

7 hours ago, GamerTnT said:

One of the things I really love about this system is how they've embraced the narrative dice to create differences between creatures, weapons, etc.  They're not just stats (health, soak, damage), but they have unique ways to spend threats/advantages that make them unique.

Very cool. 

Very true. Things have a unique flavour but it also makes it difficult to adapt existing content of other games (I'm not complaining here).

That's why I'm waiting for this book like nearly no other product before. I have high expectations with its contents. This books should show the path for any fantasy setting with Genesys. I have to wait for the PDF though...  :(

Are there many carriers ? 

I'm struggling between a hard copy or just the PDF of this. I'm currently in the early stages of making a homebrew setting that's a mash up between Pirates of the Caribbean, One Piece, and the Age of Sail. I don't really care for the Terrinoth setting or lore. I just want to cannibalize it to help me develop the fantasy elements of my homebrew.

But i also love collecting physical RPG books. How long might the wait be between the physical release and the PDF release? 

11 minutes ago, Noahjam325 said:

I'm struggling between a hard copy or just the PDF of this. I'm currently in the early stages of making a homebrew setting that's a mash up between Pirates of the Caribbean, One Piece, and the Age of Sail. I don't really care for the Terrinoth setting or lore. I just want to cannibalize it to help me develop the fantasy elements of my homebrew.

But i also love collecting physical RPG books. How long might the wait be between the physical release and the PDF release? 

I myself will do both.  I like having the physical copy on hand, and I like using snippets and what-not for homebrew rulesets

32 minutes ago, Noahjam325 said:

I'm struggling between a hard copy or just the PDF of this. I'm currently in the early stages of making a homebrew setting that's a mash up between Pirates of the Caribbean, One Piece, and the Age of Sail.

I would be very interesantes in that setting if you ever release it.

4 hours ago, Noahjam325 said:

it's usually a month or so, and there are often sales on the PDFs at "special times" to boot!

I'm with you, I love having the books but find the PDFs just too darned convenient.  

I can wait for print.  Release the bloody PDFs as though we're Johnny Depp and the book is the Kraken!  I need to slay this beast off camera and get it beach stranded so I can harvest the carcass ASAP!

7 hours ago, GrumpyBatman said:

Is the date listed for the release a hard date?  I'm wondering if some stores get it early if they are supposed to hold it back until the release date.  I think I read the 19th?

It's not a hard date, it's the official release date but some stores get it early and throw it up on the shelves.

11 hours ago, themensch said:

it's usually a month or so, and there are often sales on the PDFs at "special times" to boot!

I think the Core Book has been on sale at DriveThroughRPG since release.

46 minutes ago, DarthGM said:

Genesys PDF was available a few weeks after the hardback was released. It was not instantly available.

Two weeks to the day.  About 10 days past my tolerance for waiting for the PDF before buying the hardcover.  So I'll be buying the HC, and unless I'm shocked by it not being awesome, I'll be buying the PDF also.  I probably will wait for future books to make it to PDF, but this is the first setting tome, and my interest in it is far beyond just the specifics of Terrinoth.  I'm hoping it sets the bar for future settings, and provides some structure for everyone's homebrews moving forward.

3 hours ago, Dragonshadow said:

Two weeks to the day.  About 10 days past my tolerance for waiting for the PDF before buying the hardcover.  So I'll be buying the HC, and unless I'm shocked by it not being awesome, I'll be buying the PDF also.  I probably will wait for future books to make it to PDF, but this is the first setting tome, and my interest in it is far beyond just the specifics of Terrinoth.  I'm hoping it sets the bar for future settings, and provides some structure for everyone's homebrews moving forward.

It's quite exceptional; my group was lucky enough to win a copy in the GamernationCon 5 auction. Tons of fluff (a third of the book), solid rules and mechanics; I can't wait for their Space Opera (Twilight Imperium) and their Weird War book (Tannhauser) if it's going to be anything like this.

Just now, DarthGM said:

It's quite exceptional; my group was lucky enough to win a copy in the GamernationCon 5 auction. Tons of fluff (a third of the book), solid rules and mechanics; I can't wait for their Space Opera (Twilight Imperium) and their Weird War book (Tannhauser) if it's going to be anything like this.

No love for Android?  I see where this thread is going.  Technology-ists!  LOL.  I really want the Tannhauser book too.  (Love that weird board game.)

3 minutes ago, ElderKoala said:

No love for Android?  I see where this thread is going.  Technology-ists!  LOL.  I really want the Tannhauser book too.  (Love that weird board game.)

I'm sure I'll find a lot of use for the Android book when it comes out, it's just not a setting that appeals much to me. But I'll mine the crap out of the rules and mechanics.

Tannhauser and Twilight Imperium? *drools*