Sign in to follow this  
Cornwolf

First paint

Good job.

Which red did you use?  Dont mix red/white together, that = pink.

A lighter red if you have one, then even a very thin white line along the saber would look good but hard to pull off thin enough.

44 minutes ago, Cornwolf said:

Not sure which it is if I am honest, I think it's because I made the mistake of giving the saber a black base coat. 

It wouldnt be hard to re do.

A white recoat on the saber wouldnt be hard to do -  make sure its covered completely.  Use very thin paint(mix with a little water) and if required, use 2 coats.

From a white base, your RED should show much more vibrantly imo.

Edited by VAYASAN

3 hours ago, Cornwolf said:

Not sure which it is if I am honest, I think it's because I made the mistake of giving the saber a black base coat. 

Red is one of those colors that you'd think would cover a base coat pretty easily but it's actually difficult to get it to pop if you're using it on top of a dark primer.

10 hours ago, KalEl814 said:

Red is one of those colors that you'd think would cover a base coat pretty easily but it's actually difficult to get it to pop if you're using it on top of a dark primer.

Yea both red and yellow are the two colors I hate painting because of this

1 hour ago, RickyBobby17b said:

Yea both red and yellow are the two colors I hate painting because of this

If you want to do a light coat over a dark colour I have found a bone colour works better than white as it has slightly more pigment and is less likely to go muddy.

I didn't manage to take a picture last night however I have managed to make the saber pop more now. I watered down a little white and did a couple of coats of that over the black and then a couple of coats of the red, again watered down a touch but it seems to have gone on well and you can see it is red now.