Sign in to follow this  
The Rico

Looking to build the best list i can with what I have (Imperials)

Looking to build the best list i can starting from scratch. I will begin by listing all the ships I have. All constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.

For starters, I wish to build some great 100 pt lists. I know the epic ships won't be involved with those, I only mention them to give you a sense of the upgrades I might have

Alpha class Star Wing

Tie Advanced

Tie Adv. Prototype

Tie Bomber

Tie/fo Fighter X2

Tie/sf Fighter

Firespray-31

Lambda Class Shuttle

Upsilon class Shuttle

VT-49 Decimator

Raider-class Corvette

28 minutes ago, The Rico said:

Tie defenders and veterans are on my short list to get. What are palp aces?

Palp Aces are one of the dominant archetypes right now.  Usually a Lambda shuttle with Palpatine onboard, supporting two other Imperial aces.  Comes in many flavors, most common in my local area is Darth Vader, the Inquisitor, or a TIE Defender with the x7 title.  I'm sure someone else can help out with specifics, as I've never flow a PalpAces list, only gone up against them. 

Quickdraw is generally accepted as the best imperial ship right now, but for her to reach her full potential you need Fire-control System. In a Palp Aces type of list, she is most often paired with The Inquisitor or Omega Leader.

You have most of what would be required for a cannon carrying starwing, with both an HLC and linked battery, wired if interested in Lt. Kar but only Adv SLAM as your mod. Long Range Scanners would be better, but that'd require you to pick up imperial vets. Still a very solid ship, from the generics on up. 

Without Engine Upgrade, you probably won't want to run Vader, but you could use either Guidance chips or Stealth Device if you really needed to. If you're using chips, you'll definitely want the strongest missile you have on him. Most of the higher PS pilots would be okay, but you won't have the supporting systems and tech cards for the more basic "filler" builds. 

The TAP likes autothrusters and you'll be lacking some of the better EPT upgrades that work with Inquisitor, so you might want to consider Juke or VI if you feel comfortable playing the arc dodge game. Probably one of the weaker ships without autothrusters, so you should pass on this if you're looking for a competitive list. 

With chips and a decent missile selection, you could make a nice enough cheap scimitar bomber although you'll definitely run out of firepower and struggle to get it off early. You could go with Jonus or Rymer with deadeye, chips and your ordnance loadout of choice, probably homing missiles and clusters or concussion missiles. Not terribly strong, but a decent enough filler for extra points. Likewise, you do have enough to start out a nasty shuttle bomber with kylo crew and rebel captive. Lightweight frame goes a long way on such a ship, but it's still viable. 

You already have everything you need for a strong Omega Leader or most of the generic /fo's. Juke and Comm Relay both come in box and are generally the best you'll do with that ship. There's a few other options, but they're a little niche. Slap on Stealth Device if you've got extra points and it'll do you well. 

While the /sf is arguably the best ship imperials have, it requires a lot of cards that don't come standard. Lightweight frame is practically required if you aren't doing a budget build or using chips to fit in all the ordnance. Great ship to have, but you won't have the necessary tools to make it shine just yet. 

The firespray is probably too weak to see any real play, but it's fun to throw out once in a while. The imperial pilots are significantly worse than their scum counterparts, but it does give you some nice upgrade cards to fill out your other ships. Fly one if you like them, just know they're going to be one of your lower performing ships. 

Both lambda and upsilon shuttles are a bit unwieldy, but make decent crew carriers. Emperor Palpatine is great crew and the backbone of the palp aces archetype, which you can mostly fill out and do well. Some people swear by having a strong support upsilon, but that really comes down to play style. You'll get better mileage than from your firespray and maybe bombers, but otherwise kind of weak options. 

The decimator is a powerhouse and you can load up RAC, the best pilot they have, to the nines. Engine upgrade is one of the common picks for his mod, but not the only one worth taking. You can do fine with ion projector, antipursuit lasers or countermeasures or experimental interface if you end up getting the expacs for them. The traditional RAClo build is RAC with the title, kylo crew, emperor palp, VI and mod of choice. You've got all that and can definitely make a strong build with him and another ace like Quickdraw or Vader. 

Your strongest options right now with the cards you have are most likely palp aces (Lambda, Vader and Omega Leader) or RAClo (RAC as above and Vader). Vader in both cases will probably run Guidance chips, the x1 title, VI, missile to taste (I'd recommend Homing or Concussion) and Advanced Targeting Computer. You're missing a second VI for RAC, but he can run with ruthlessness or expose and do pretty well. You'd also have points for a cheap bomb if that's your cup of tea. If you would prefer to run the palp aces, you'd have plenty of points to buff up your lambda with either a better pilot or a few more upgrade cards, maybe even swap it out for a cheaper upsilon. Those are probably what you would have the most success with in a competitive scene, if that is what you're looking for. 

Are you willing to Proxy upgrades? Because if so, you have ENDLESS possibilities. I could see a Howard Aces build doing great - Loaded up Quickdraw and Inky supported by Cpt. Yorr with Palp