Lendosan

Any new waves planned?

4 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

Yeah....I’m not doing this math right at all, unless 7.9 million possible combinations of an MC-75 Armored Cruiser sounds right to anyone.

Theoretically, yeah. You've got X different officers, Y different Ordnance upgrades, etc etc. Keep in mind "nothing" in that slot should also be one of the X's or Y's (so you get a naked option as one of the builds). So then you multiply them all together for all your different combinations. Do the boarding troopers separate, though, what with the two slots. It's a few more variations you'll need to calculate

Granted, my Slaved Turrets Flight Controllers QLT Armored 75 isn't great, mind you. But it's buildable! The Rebellion: all about "Could-a," not "Should-a."

3 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Theoretically, yeah. You've got X different officers, Y different Ordnance upgrades, etc etc. Keep in mind "nothing" in that slot should also be one of the X's or Y's (so you get a naked option as one of the builds). So then you multiply them all together for all your different combinations. Do the boarding troopers separate, though, what with the two slots. It's a few more variations you'll need to calculate

Granted, my Slaved Turrets Flight Controllers QLT Armored 75 isn't great, mind you. But it's buildable! The Rebellion: all about "Could-a," not "Should-a."

Im not properly accounting for modifications, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get that factored in properly.  And yeah, I did the boarding teams on their own, comes out to (using my flawed math) around 400k with boarding teams and 7.5 mil using the upgrade slots on their own.

7 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

Im not properly accounting for modifications, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get that factored in properly.  And yeah, I did the boarding teams on their own, comes out to (using my flawed math) around 400k with boarding teams and 7.5 mil using the upgrade slots on their own.

I had forgotten modifications, yes. Probably an Nc1 thing. Or you do each modification separately, then add those to your existing options. So focus down on JUST slaved turrets (which will work well enough for every turbolaser mod!) And get all the options there, removing all other mods from your potential options.

I'm at work, otherwise I'd do this myself, I'm actually interested in what the number comes out to.

12 minutes ago, geek19 said:

I had forgotten modifications, yes. Probably an Nc1 thing. Or you do each modification separately, then add those to your existing options. So focus down on JUST slaved turrets (which will work well enough for every turbolaser mod!) And get all the options there, removing all other mods from your potential options.

I'm at work, otherwise I'd do this myself, I'm actually interested in what the number comes out to.

Well, if you want to work it out at home, I have 6,131,376 unique combinations using the following figures:

26 officers

8 weapons teams

7 offensive retrofits (1 is a mod)

8 ordnance (2 are mods)

8 ion cannons (1 is a mod)

11 turbolasers (3 are mods)

3 titles

4 boarding parties

what I did was totally remove the mods from the equation and figured out a baseline, then calculated the number of options that could use each mod and then did the same for the boarding parties. 

2 hours ago, FatherTurin said:

Well, if you want to work it out at home, I have 6,131,376 unique combinations using the following figures:

26 officers

8 weapons teams

7 offensive retrofits (1 is a mod)

8 ordnance (2 are mods)

8 ion cannons (1 is a mod)

11 turbolasers (3 are mods)

3 titles

4 boarding parties

what I did was totally remove the mods from the equation and figured out a baseline, then calculated the number of options that could use each mod and then did the same for the boarding parties. 

What about defensive retrofits?

14 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

What about defensive retrofits?

I....I completely forgot about that.  Ugh.

Edit: easy math ignoring redundant shields (which causes all kinds of issues with being a mod).  Pretty sure just multiplying everything by 6 (5 defensive retrofits plus leaving it empty) does the trick.  So 36,788,256 different builds.  Maybe upwards of 40 million once redundant shields gets factored in.

Edited by FatherTurin

For comparison, as near as I can tell without a Codex handy, a space marine tactical squad (one of the more flexible units in 40k vis a vis options) can be built in 2072 distinct ways:

28 different options for sergeants

5-10 marines

units of 5-9 can choose from 6 heavy weapons OR 4 special weapons

units of 10 can choose from 6 heavy weapons AND 4 special weapons.  I’m sure the super customizable stuff like T’au Crisis Suit Teams can put this to shame, but a space marine tactical squad has 0.0005% the customization options as an MC-75.

Granted, everyone of those 2000 someodd options are more or less viable even if not optimal, while I’m gonna say that the VAST majority of the MC-75 loadouts are a total waste or counter-intuitive.  Still, the assertion that 40k has more customization than all of Armada and X-Wing combined is clearly false.

You guys are all nuts with the statistics.  I love it.

40K and Armada are two very different beasts and not really comparable.  I recommend enjoying each for what it is.

I am a big fan of Armada and a fan of 40K (Tau, Necrons, Ultramarines and Orks.)  I would tend to say Armada is more balanced and a lot of that is just in trying to balance all of the different factions in 40K.  Overall 40K seems to get more dominate builds.

Thanks,

Duncan

9 hours ago, Admiral Litje said:

See I would agree with this, but in Battlefront II it is quite clearly not a SPHT (at least I don't think it is).

maxresdefault.jpg

Well that is annoying.  Stupid rewriting of the EU...  :(

Still, that looks like an upgrade card.

Thanks,

Duncan

11 hours ago, Admiral Litje said:

See I would agree with this, but in Battlefront II it is quite clearly not a SPHT (at least I don't think it is).

maxresdefault.jpg

Game play mechanics typically are not considered canon, I think this would fall under that.  It's like the V-wings in the first BFII having proton bombs - just mechanics.  A drop down turret like that square in the middle if the hangar (i) would interfere with docking operations and (ii) has not been seen in any other source.

6 hours ago, GunNut said:

Game play mechanics typically are not considered canon, I think this would fall under that.  It's like the V-wings in the first BFII having proton bombs - just mechanics.  A drop down turret like that square in the middle if the hangar (i) would interfere with docking operations and (ii) has not been seen in any other source.

Yeah I certainly don’t think it is usually found on a Venator, it is just in this case (The crucial defence of Kamino and of Coruscant that is was). Not really sure what “not seen in any other source” refers too. A film and game is more exhaustive than most. 

According to the wiki; 

Towards the end of the war, a different type of Venator was used. These featured a set of smaller doors on the dorsal side of the ship, and lacked access from the ventral side altogether, with the blast doors that previously lead to the main hangar space replaced with additional lighting, a crane and sometimes additional weaponry, such as a built-in beam weapon. Additionally, the side doors no longer led to independent hangars, but another passage that linked the two sides of the ship. The central hangar row then joined the smaller passage in the middle, replacing where the command station used to be. At the front of the main passage was a small hole starfighters could launch from without having to go through any of the main doors.

Reckon the next wave for Armada that we'll see will be Combat Flotillas..

Makes sense IMO following the cap of Flotillas at 2, and with squadrons continually nerfed, rhymer,rieekan, now yav and commanders, it does seem that FFG want a less squadron intense game. Adding in Combat Flotillas seems logical then to help them achieve a game with many ships, and smaller squadron supports..

Possible ships could be: Marauder-class corvette / DP20 frigate for Rebels or 

Tartan-class patrol cruiser / Broadside-class cruiser kdb-1 for Imps

On 11-4-2018 at 3:30 AM, GunNut said:

\  A drop down turret like that square in the middle if the hangar (i) would interfere with docking operations and (ii) has not been seen in any other source.

but what about the droid attack on the woo.... republic cruiser

the first 8 secons where the turret drops, gets noticed and ... agressively interferes with docking

Edited by Geressen