Nyxen

Things you don't want to see in this game.

@Smoke_Eater Ewoks were akin to Jar Jar Binks back in the day, and  to some extent now too, so you can understand some people's hesitance in agreeing with you; however, if the developers could use them in say a protection mission and release them as neutral unit. I'd be cool with that. 

Edited by boogle22

On 4/3/2018 at 1:01 PM, Undeadguy said:

I don't want those Star Wars fans that ***** about everything and claim the OT is the best. The ones who claim Rey is a Mary Sue and JJ Abrams killed Star Wars. Community can make or break a game, and man, I just don't ******* care what your opinion is. Roll the dice and let me kill Vader. 

Agreed as long as that Mary Sue Rey doesn't kill Vader.

I think Rey is a great character.

9 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Not to mention the many LCG's and now the CCG in which they have done the same thing.  Its worth pointing out that this is a very common design practice as well in miniatures games in general.  Its really a rare case in which this sort of "super unit" doesn't eventually hit the table.

I do think the concern with miniature games is valid, given FFG's track record. But cards that break the rules of the game is kind of the point for an LCG / CCG.

23 hours ago, Smoke_Eater said:

want Ewoks. It's like you guys hate the greatest addition to canon.

If the game gets Ewoks and Gungans... I either get to murder a ton of them or I get to inspire rage in my opponent when they have to face my Ewok / Gungan Troll Derp Squad. Win / win.

1 hour ago, garciaj113 said:

Honestly for me everything is game, with the exception of the blue rebels (Resistance) and the cosplay empire (First Order) the only thing they would add is reskinned imp and rebel units

Has anyone released decent looking First Order / Resistance minis since the ST has kicked off? The FO trooper helmet is distinct enough that I'd be pumped to paint it.

1 hour ago, Shadows of the Future said:

Personally, I'm hoping FFg stays the **** away from a lot of the bizarre stuff from the old Marvel Star Wars stuff, a lot of that was just plain weird if not wrong.

Seriously, I do not want to see the lime green rabbit men pop up...

Apparently he will be canon again come a new Star Wars Annual

8 hours ago, Shadows of the Future said:

Personally, I'm hoping FFg stays the **** away from a lot of the bizarre stuff from the old Marvel Star Wars stuff, a lot of that was just plain weird if not wrong.

Seriously, I do not want to see the lime green rabbit men pop up...

Lime green rabbit men?

IF we get Ewoks, they should be stupidly weak at ranged and strong at melee with 7 figures in a unit before extras and heavy weapons are added.

What I don't want to see are terrain restrictions. I'll use my 600 points of Fleet Troopers on any board I like thank you very much.

17 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaxxon

Although in the green space rabbit stakes, I am firmly in the Captain Bucky O'Hare camp.

Buckly O'hare isn't that bad, just that it doesn't fit in Star Wars...

7 hours ago, Indy_com said:

IF we get Ewoks, they should be stupidly weak at ranged and strong at melee with 7 figures in a unit before extras and heavy weapons are added.

What I don't want to see are terrain restrictions. I'll use my 600 points of Fleet Troopers on any board I like thank you very much.

I could see some semi-terrain bonus' though.

Not entirely terrain, but something like night vision equipment could be interesting. Useless in some battles and powerful in others...

I don't want to see any faction other than Imperial and Rebels. I don't want to see all official tournaments requiring painted minis. I don't want anything from the prequel era. Honestly, I don't want to see anything that is "wildlife", meaning no rancors or things like that unless they are mounts.

On 4/4/2018 at 9:56 AM, boogle22 said:

@Smoke_Eater Ewoks were akin to Jar Jar Binks back in the day, and  to some extent now too, so you can understand some people's hesitance in agreeing with you; however, if the developers could use them in say a protection mission and release them as neutral unit. I'd be cool with that. 

People are "hesitant" because "oh no, how could these totally cool stormtroopers lose to them". 

Bring 'em on, I say. In hordes.

2 hours ago, syrilian said:

I don't want to see any faction other than Imperial and Rebels. I don't want to see all official tournaments requiring painted minis. I don't want anything from the prequel era. Honestly, I don't want to see anything that is "wildlife", meaning no rancors or things like that unless they are mounts.

So you want to play Imperial Assault?

2 hours ago, syrilian said:

I have a feeling you haven't played any other full-blown Tabletop Miniature games before. (X-Wing, Armada, and Imperial Assault aren't full blown Tabletop Miniature games)

On 4/3/2018 at 8:30 AM, draco193 said:

I think scale is again the issue for scum. In xwing and IA small bands of pirates making a hit or stealing supplies feels right. But when Darth Vader shows up on the battlefield with a contingent of troopers and walkers, it feels a bit forced that those pirates are going to stay and fight to the death.

Id prefer bounty hunters to just be neutral units. Hireable by both sides. Maybe a thematic restriction that Han and Boba can't be fielded together. 

I really like the idea of "merc" units that can be used but both sides, BUT to add variety to the game I also wouldnt mind seeing another faction, 3-5 ideally would be nice IMO, eventually that is, having said that, although there are plenty characters in the SW universe I am not sure it would be enough groups/factions to have more than 3, I could be wrong. As far as C3PO and R2 I could see them as upgrade cards at most, no need for minis IMO. I honestly am not sure what I dont want to see in the game, I guess maybe Gungans, more specifically Jar Jar.....lol