UnitOmega

"Mud Trooper" from Solo trading card visual

On 4/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

So..  looking at the toy, we notice an ankle binder on Han and Chewie.   I'm wondering if these mudtroopers might be endentured soldiers?    We wont really know exactly what their role is until the movie comes out.  

I'm assuming that they're more of the army being used for guard duty for a prison work detail rather than stormtroopers. This does make sense since stormtroopers are the "elite" troops and probably only get stuck guarding people where there is a major need (Say a squad or two of stormtroopers to a pile of them of the army troops that just barely made it in).

2 hours ago, Shadows of the Future said:

I'm assuming that they're more of the army being used for guard duty for a prison work detail rather than stormtroopers. This does make sense since stormtroopers are the "elite" troops and probably only get stuck guarding people where there is a major need (Say a squad or two of stormtroopers to a pile of them of the army troops that just barely made it in).

I don't think I've read (in the new canon) anywhere that Stormtroopers are the “elite” of the Empire.   There are Elite stormtroopers, but not all stormtroopers are Elite.   

In fact, I have read the opposite, of stormtroopers being local conscripts.

Yeah, no duh. But I didn't want to start a thread about "and also here's what the hasbro Patrol Trooper figure looks like". 

Alternate response:

I prefer to think of him as the Bike Cop Trooper, or the Scout-Trooper Advanced Prototype. 

1 hour ago, Indy_com said:

So the Mimban Stormtrooper Commanders still wear that pauldron...

Interesting.

And it appears to be flimsy leather/other squishy material. I’d always thought it was a hardened leather, like armor. 

3 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

IMG_9046.png

The design is based off World War I era German Helmet Shield - Stirnpanzer AH - 6032.  The same real world war that brought us the name ‘Stormtrooper’ in the first place.

Two points of interest.

First, the helmet shield or brow plate seems to be detachable.  In that case, can any Stormtrooper helmet of this particular design have this attachment then?

Secondly, the brow shield was for extra protection against sniper fire in trenches.  Since we have seen examples of sniper rifles and what look to be trenches in Mimban scenes, can we assume that Mimban is going for a World War I trench warfare vibe?