UnitOmega

"Mud Trooper" from Solo trading card visual

I don't really liek the Mudtrooper design.

But what we really need is the Beertrooper, you know the one that carries all the beer, a must for all Shoretroopers :lol: Or perhaps a Beartrooper to combat Ewoks :P

On 2018-04-02 at 9:31 PM, Ghostofman said:

OK, so cross referencing that with these:

kFUdZRh.png

solo-a-star-wars-story-images-mudtrooper

It looks like the "Imperial Army" guys are "Mudtroopers."

Which, yeah, on that bottom one we now see the mask and such.

On 2018-04-02 at 3:26 PM, UnitOmega said:

Untitled.jpg.cfc9611abb57015c6c598098a3aacfbb.jpg

As per title, get a load of these guys. 

So..  looking at the toy, we notice an ankle binder on Han and Chewie.   I'm wondering if these mudtroopers might be endentured soldiers?    We wont really know exactly what their role is until the movie comes out.  

4 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

So..  looking at the toy, we notice an ankle binder on Han and Chewie.   I'm wondering if these mudtroopers might be endentured soldiers?    We wont really know exactly what their role is until the movie comes out.  

I've got my suspicions, but they are based on trailer extrapolation, and trailers are getting less and less reliable.

13 hours ago, Dwing said:

This thread needs Mimban troopers Mimban Hot Toys

The Mimban Stormtroopers are the equivalent of that one guy in the unit who has a higher rank than the rest of them and never shuts up about it, even if its a rank that means jack-****.

He's got a shinier uniform than everyone else, guess who's getting shot first when they go over the top.

1 hour ago, Indy_com said:

The Mimban Stormtroopers are the equivalent of that one guy in the unit who has a higher rank than the rest of them and never shuts up about it, even if its a rank that means jack-****.

He's got a shinier uniform than everyone else, guess who's getting shot first when they go over the top.

Shiny uniform? Pretty sure that guy got his cape caught under an AT-ST foot and got dragged for hours trough the mud ;)!

43 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Shiny uniform? Pretty sure that guy got his cape caught under an AT-ST foot and got dragged for hours trough the mud ;)!

He's wearing white armour on a grey planet amongst troopers in dark grey uniforms.

Even though he's not exactly shiny, he's still practically glowing compared to the others.

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

No I just maintain maximum firepower  sense of humor. 

Useful for this board.  And current administration for that matter.

I do notice you tend post things citing them as gospel/canon that may not always be the case.   It seemed this was more of the same.     

5 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I do notice you tend post things citing them as gospel/canon that may not always be the case.   It seemed this was more of the same.     

Respectfuly,  @That Blasted Samophlange

1. Please give one example of this. 

2. Where is there a citation above showing this to be Canon?

3. This was CLEARLY a picture of Veers. So your perception/interpretation/and might I add, sense of humor may have been off the mark this time.

I think anyone who watched The Empire Strikes Back more than once will be fully aware that’s is a picture of Veers.   I just wanted to show the similarity in combat uniform. 

On 2018-02-15 at 5:07 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Sorry was was never into furrys. 

As per COMPNOR Imperial Edict,  Human High Culture in The New Order is The Empire's codified policy of Humanocentric speciesism.  It centered around the belief that Humans are inherently superior to other species.

On 2018-02-15 at 5:45 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

There is room for Aliens of course, as long as they know their place and respect those above their station.

For instance, let’s not forget, for a time, Grand Moff Tarkin kept Ackbar as a favored pet.

I do apologize, you don't outright say this is or that is canon, however you do heavily imply things.   The above are a couple examples of this.

Now, Perhaps this in jest.  The internet is notoriously difficult to judge intent.  But citing stuff as fact, because old fiction said so, and not making it known is confusing at best.  

As to Veers, I am aware if who he is. But I very much doubt he is called a “mud trooper”.  We don't know exactly what their role in the empire is, unless you are privvy to information, please try not to imply things, or confuse personal head canon as anything more than that.

cheers, not Veers.

Those were both true in Legends. I don't know if either has been perfectly translated into the current cannon, though given how writers like to talk about the empire I'd be shocked if High Human Culture wasn't canon. 

And the joke isn't that Veers is a mudtrooper, it's that the Mudtroopers are clearly wearing greebled and gubbinsed up imperial army gear, much like Thrawn on the ground, or IA Combat Drivers. At leas that's what I got out of it. 

Edited by UnitOmega