UnitOmega

"Mud Trooper" from Solo trading card visual

I like the look, I hope to see these, the other cold weather type from the Solo movie, plus the rogue one stuff in the game eventually. If they are bent on sticking to the GCW this stuff still counts as part of being that era if you ask me.

Just now, Hawkstrike said:

So sand, snow, now mud troopers? What next? Slush troopers! Rain troopers. Sun & Beach troopers. Hard-packed dirt troopers. River troopers. Sea troopers. Hurricane troopers. Tornado troopers. Earthquake troopers ...

pffffft imagine if they added storm troopers??? jeez, star wars is crazy these days

And I thought "shoretroopers" were the most ridiculously specific classification of stormtrooper.  Though I like the design, it looks a little steampunk (at least in that image), and the concept just screams "make more stromtrooper variants to sell more toys!"

Coming up in the next Star Wars cash-in after Solo: "lightly-forested hilltrooper."

It looks kinda like the images they're supposed to actually be a light unit. You can see a lot of cloth around or under the armor plates. They're probably waterproof and insulated but not heavily armored so they don't get stuck in the mud and water. The cape is probably more like a poncho to keep as much rain out as possible. So they're probably above classic EVO Troopers and Hazard Troopers. 

(And no, I don't give LFL any **** for this as both a GM, a guy who wants cool minis for legion, and a long time star wars fan. Clearly all the Empire's budget goes into specialized armor and equipment and training, and not their weapons)