Polda

Polda's Legion Bad Guys Emporium (New: B2 Super Battle Droid Week)

That’s a lot of droids...

The shoretroopers and their stormtrooper pals look really great.  They really give a distinct visual impression of a shady forest floor under a thick deciduous canopy, or an alien world with blue lighting.  Just a really fun visual design together with well executed painting.  Really great stuff man.

10 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

Those bases are incredible. The only problem is that they're so good, they distract from the actual models, which are also great! 

That will get fixed once I actually get to some proper highlighting on the models :D I just needed them semi-ready for a demo.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, Polda said:

nuN0LXQ.jpg

xvk4rTq.jpg

Can you elaborate on the materials used for basing? Mainly just the plants. I leave my bases the bare faction-specific cover but I'm making a felucia map at some point and would like the majority of the map covered in small plants like that.

15 minutes ago, Dcalov said:

Can you elaborate on the materials used for basing? Mainly just the plants. I leave my bases the bare faction-specific cover but I'm making a felucia map at some point and would like the majority of the map covered in small plants like that.

Second this! perfect plant life for an Umbara themed army/map.

Edited by madmc326

@madmc326 @Dcalov

Dirt:

Boring old GW texture paint (Stirland Battlemire) - painted Vallejo Alien Purple, washed with 1:1 Water to GW Carroburg Crimson, drybrushed GW Temple Guard Blue, then GW Kislev Flesh (minimal)

Plants: 
1. Warlord Games Dry grass tufts, airbrushed GW Mephiston Red, then drybrushed GW Temple Guard Blue:
 tuft-straw-tuft-12509-p.jpg 

2. Warlord Games Flower tufts, purple on top with green stems. Airbrushed the stems with a blue glaze to hide the bright green color, airbrushed the tops with Vallejo Warlord Purple:heather-10mm-tufts.jpg

3. "Moss ball" plastic aquarium plant, no idea what the actual product was. I cut off individual leaves, painted them Vallejo Magic Blue, Vallejo Warlord Pink and finally Warlord Purple + White mix on the tips. 

(The two images are of the actual products used, if you're in the US it's easier to just buy "Alien Tufts" from Gamer Grass.)

Edited by Polda