Earl Wynn

Talisman Overdrive

Talisman Overdrive

*whew* I just got done compiling almost 2k cards that I've been meaning to launch for a long while. Now that everything is packaged into a zip file and uploaded onto Mediafire, you can check it out yourself. Beware, it's 870mb of data! That's a lot of data!

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j2prtu28vtrxa08/Talisman Overdrive.zip

Jon-- feel free to put this one up on Talisman Island, if you want. I'm totally cool with that. :)

Great work. Just got done looking through all of them. Only took me an hour... though I'll I was more interested in some decks than others. The crap deck isn't something I'd use in my game (because I'm all serious business, and there's no fun allowed!) but I was happy to finally have a look at what Saruman has been cursing your table with.  Of course, about halfway through this was all I could think of. Also, since I know you were thinking of making a Weird West themed deck at some point, I was going to offer up a jackalope card I had made Atlantis and ultimately scrapped, but it seems you've got that taken care of. 

I really like the new Woodland and Garden cards. Definitely getting some ideas for that future project I told you about a a couple weeks ago. Plus, more Woodland cards is always a plus. It's a bit neglected by fans at the moment.

Incidentally, do you happen to still have arthan's variant of abubu's card templates for Strange Eons, or know where I could download it? I really like the versions with simpler encounter number spot, especially the "Progress" template which you used for several of the new Timescape cards. I may end up using that for my own inevitable Timescape deck.

Edited by Reedstilt

Ha! Granny gang! I love that skit. Yeah, the Saruman's Curse thing goes way back to high school days. The Crap deck and some of the trigger cards in my set are 2nd edition still, we just rolled the Rev.4th cards into the existing mix, lol. Weird West is still in the works, but I'm taking a little break at the moment to catch up with other things I've neglected while powering through this last Talisman release.

I think Woodland is neglected because of the complexity of the Lightbound / Darkbound system. It's harder to tackle than most. Even my own Shinkai deck doesn't utilize it to the degree that the official stuff does. 

I'll have to look and see if I can find it. I might have a link around here somewhere. If I do, I'll send it in a message. It overwrites the current version though, I think, so use it with caution. The legacy elements might be preserved in the existing version as "Conflict Cards" under the Adventure-Type card section of SE. They are in my most recent copy, at least. Check there and I'll see what I can find.

I'm excited to see what you've got in progress for the future! It all sounds excellent! :)

Twenty is impressive. I always have the hardest time with Spells, possibly because I haven't done much with new mechanics to hang new spell effects on. And probably because I always end up doing the spells last so there's not much room for new ones anyhow. 

Will you be adding the new spells to the file for us to see? 

Also, it just dawned on me that you mentioned that your Gate Chains only have about 50 cards associated with each. Which of the Azanian Cards made your short list, and would you like me to put together some variants for you to use?

I should probably open an Imgur account and post them there, haha. I figure I'll release them once I finish the Ripples and bosses I'm working on. :)

My Azanian card deck is kind of a mish-mash and a work in progress. Right now, in terms of Azanian cards, it contains Isihlangu, Horned Mountain, Royal Cheetah, Porcupine, Savanna Griffon, Skeletal Elephant, Lioness, Lady of Waters, Aziza Weaver, Wounded Aziza, Impundulu, Mancala Board, Elephant Hammer, Musket, Savanna Unicorn, Savanna Dragon, Saintly Merchant, Aziza Ant-Rider, Spotted Dragon, Lady of Twilight, Cameleopard, Ebon Druid, Nemean Lion, Knobkierie, Iron Enchanter, Lady of Storms and Savanna Pegasus. I've also included a couple of Pheonom's and Bludgeon's cards in my set, namely ones that have African-esque elements. 

Thats a pretty impressive collection you've done there! I'm just getting my head around strange eons to make some cards myself, up to a massive 5 terrain cards so far!

How and where do you get the card templates from? I can't seem to find them or be able to upload any additional ones

8 hours ago, TavernSkell said:

Thats a pretty impressive collection you've done there! I'm just getting my head around strange eons to make some cards myself, up to a massive 5 terrain cards so far!

How and where do you get the card templates from? I can't seem to find them or be able to upload any additional ones

Thank you! There's a link to the neat card templates on the forum somewhere, but I can't remember where. :)

I've just joined Imgur and put together an album of some of the new stuff I'm working on. Some of it serious, some of it very silly: https://imgur.com/a/NBWtJ

- - -