Sign in to follow this  
KiraYamatoSF

Same Faction Infighting?

I have not seen anything yet that says so but do both players have to use different factions? One guy at our demo mentioned how both players habe to use different factions for the bigger games but I am wondering if this is true cause you can do this in X-wing and Armada.

Alright cool, thanks for the answers guys. Was worried I had to get stuff for both factions but it is cool I can focus on just one. Gonna be a Rebel through and through...at least unless they add clones later on then I will change then.

9 hours ago, Don Henderson fan club said:

Personally I don't like seeing two armies of the same faction fighting each other - just as I don't like it in Armada. But that's purely a thematic thing - it just doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. I would rather let my opponent choose one faction and I'll take the other.

Just think of it as a civil war.  I’m sure in some point with how much Star Wars stuff there is, we will see it in some form.  We’ve already kind of seen it in Rogue One with Saw Gerrera.

On 4/1/2018 at 6:11 AM, Don Henderson fan club said:

Personally I don't like seeing two armies of the same faction fighting each other - just as I don't like it in Armada. But that's purely a thematic thing - it just doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. I would rather let my opponent choose one faction and I'll take the other.

Just think of it as a training exercise, Red Team vs. Blue Team.  

Literally every fighting force in the history of ever does this. 

On 4/1/2018 at 5:50 PM, kingofpain97 said:

Just think of it as a civil war.  I’m sure in some point with how much Star Wars stuff there is, we will see it in some form.  We’ve already kind of seen it in Rogue One with Saw Gerrera.

You also have things like Zaarin's rebellion TIE Fighter...plus the later infighting between the warlords.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:51 PM, Soulless said:

I wonder how a dialogue between Vader and Vader would sound :lol:

In my mirror match, I could not resist ligning our Vaders up, gripping hand to gripping hand. So it sounded like this in my best Vader voice, "1,2,3,4 I declare thumb war"... 

17 hours ago, Dwing said:

In my mirror match, I could not resist ligning our Vaders up, gripping hand to gripping hand. So it sounded like this in my best Vader voice, "1,2,3,4 I declare thumb war"... 

Imagine THAT thumb battle D:

Atleast right now, mirormatches are kinda stale since they dont really have much list diversities yet. Come 4-5 releases later it'll get more interesting.

But no you are not required to play opposite factions. That would require you to own everything, and most people dont want to do that.

also LOL vader thumb wars....