Silverfox13

Realms of Terrinoth - New Article - Formidable Talents

Oh I like this article and the flavor of the talent they showcased.  Definitely evokes some imagination!

The last example shows the flexibility of this system ... your imagination!  =)

I'm hoping next thursday will be the day, or maybe wednesday if FFG's Gaming Center here in the Twin Cities calls me early!  *Fingers crossed*

Have a great weekend all!

Z

Most of these are ones we saw on the pre-generated character sheets, but I am glad to know we are getting a bunch more.

I just want this book to be out already so I can unlock its secrets and exploit its riches!

Did I just say that out loud?

Edited by Johan Marek Phoenix Knight

I see some things I was already going to implement in my own home-brew magic system. It's nice to see the makers of RAW don't think what I was going to do was game breaking. :) I must pick this book up not for Terrinoth but for the generic fantasy suggestions.

I've been toying with adding a layer of magic specialties such as Fire, Healing, Mental, Death, etc. Each would need to be unlocked or you couldn't cast that type of spell. For example, once you gain the talent to cast Fire spells, you can use spells such as Fire Attack, Fire Barrier, etc which grants the Burn quality being added without the difficulty increase.

Flames of Kellos looks interesting an is a great jumping off point for a "Schools of Magic" set up. You could easily replicate That Other Game's abjuration, conjuration, divination, enchantment, evocation, illusion, necromancy, and transmutation styles/Class abilities with a series of telants. Might need one or two additional spells, but most fit right in with what we already have. My only fear is no casters being left out (always a fear of mine), so I'll be interested to see what they add to more weapon oriented characters. I'd still love to see something official like the Attack+Additional Effect of Spells added, maybe even carrying over the Difficulty Increase. We get a bit of that from spending Advantage sure, but I'd like to see it beefed out. 

Edited by Cyvaris

12 hours ago, GM Hooly said:

Did anyone see “Flash of Insight”? Woah!

Yep, feels good for on the spot things such as a general in battle having a sudden realisation or penny-drop moment that could evade a trap or present a better option or reveal something that could be made use of that they hadn't pre-planned - perhaps even to do something without thinking too much about doing it on the spur of the moment, like the time at the ice rink once where I somehow managed to do a jump to avoid doing some serious damage to the hand of someone who'd fallen over- if I'd thought about that and tried to do it I'd have fallen over spectacularly, the flash of insight moment was doing the jump without thinking about it thus just carrying on not even knowing how I'd done it! I feel like this talent best fits that spur of the moment use. Or if less so, could work in slower situations such as something a pc's been struggling with for a while then suddenly has a breakthrough moment like solving a puzzle or finding some logic that helps crack a code, that kind of thing.

Also good I guess for *really original* plot moments where a character has a vision of someone they've lost/ not with them/ some wise entity telling them what to do in a crisis or/and strengthening their resolve. "...you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself..... "

On 3/30/2018 at 5:27 PM, Johan Marek Phoenix Knight said:

Most of these are ones we saw on the pre-generated character sheets, but I am glad to know we are getting a bunch more.

I just want this book to be out already so I can unlock its secrets and exploit its riches!

Did I just say that out loud?

I'm just glad to have the write up on what Signature Spell DOES. I think that's pretty cool.