Jump to content
player2072913

COTD #1: Greedo

Recommended Posts

Welcome to card of the day! 
Today's card is the Crew Upgrade Greedo.
Greedo reads:
-SCUM ONLY.

The first time you attack each round and the first time you defend each round, the first Damage card dealt is dealt faceup.

What do you think of him? Is he weak or strong in this meta? What ships would you use him on? Any neat interactions to note? What strategies should you use in a game? Any rules questions you have? Anything at all you want to say about Greedo, this is the place! 

 

Edited by player2072913

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greedo currently is a cheeky way to get a crit under shields in combination with the Harpooned! Condition going off.

Example, have another ship shoot a Harpoon Missile off (Nym, Torani, Dalen, Talonbane, etc. higher PS missile pilot). Then say Bossk with Greedo, Boba Fett, and Dengar crew shoots either another missile with GChips or Mangler Cannon at the same target that now has the Harpooned! condition. Crit procs the Harpooned! Condition, Greedo makes it be a crit, and Boba discards an important upgrade card, all even with shields left on the ship. :D

Edited by RStan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RStan said:

Greedo currently is a cheeky way to get a crit under shields in combination with the Harpooned! Condition going off.

Example, have another ship shoot a Harpoon Missile off (Nym, Torani, Dalen, Talonbane, etc. higher PS missile pilot). Then say Bossk with Greedo, Boba Fett, and Dengar crew shoots either another missile with GChips or Mangler Cannon at the same target that now has the Harpooned! condition. Crit procs the Harpooned! Condition, Greedo makes it be a crit, and Boba discards an important upgrade card, all even with shields left on the ship. :D

That is incredibly sneaky!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harpoon is triggered by uncancelled crit results. Greedo just turn a damage card dealt face up. It not change a hit for a crit hit . Greedo does trigger boba's ability has it is exacly what "when a card is dealt face up" mean, but I do not see when it is done with shields on. I may be missing something

(Oh my bad, this just seemed too... scumy for me.)

Edited by player2422845
I've been corrected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, player2422845 said:

Harpoon is triggered by uncancelled crit results. Greedo just turn a damage card dealt face up. It not change a hit for a crit hit . Greedo does trigger boba's ability has it is exacly what "when a card is dealt face up" mean, but I do not see when it is done with shields on. I may be missing something

 

When harpoon triggers, it deals a facedown damage card to the ship it’s assigned to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, player2422845 said:

Harpoon is triggered by uncancelled crit results. Greedo just turn a damage card dealt face up. It not change a hit for a crit hit . Greedo does trigger boba's ability has it is exacly what "when a card is dealt face up" mean, but I do not see when it is done with shields on. I may be missing something

 

 

1 minute ago, DeathstarII said:

When harpoon triggers, it deals a facedown damage card to the ship it’s assigned to

Which is still dealt even if a ship still has shields and then via Greedo, makes that facedown damage card flip to a crit card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Greedo as a character, so I've struggled forever to make him work! Back before the Jumpmaster nerf, this was my build:

•Tel Trevura (51) - JumpMaster 5000
Determination (1), •Greedo (1), Glitterstim (2), Salvaged Astromech (2), •Punishing One (12), Hull Upgrade (3)

basically, it took at least 14 damage to kill every single game, and usually a lot more because of Determination. One game, the first four damage cards I took were faceup Pilot critical hits!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from poons boba, which requires two crew slots so it's yv666 exclusive, I wouldn't even think about going near greedo

He is a goddamn rng factory just considering the nature of faceup damage cards being potentially game defining or utterly indistinguishable from facedown damage

Then you gotta consider how dice are involved, how he will **** you over if you're getting hit and your opponent isn't, resulting in even MORE rng. About the only time you're safe is the first round when you have six shields up and greedo only triggers the first time you defend per round (while you can strip shields with your allies before you attack)

By himself, ie without boba, I don't think he's worth considering. You'd need a Marek Steele type ability to  get any sort of good returns out of him taking up a valuable crew slot

He's no saboteur, but imo he isn't justifiable at 1 point. Maybe at 0, which is now typical for double-edged upgrades like Score To Settle, I'd consider him 

Edited by ficklegreendice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RStan said:

 

Which is still dealt even if a ship still has shields and then via Greedo, makes that facedown damage card flip to a crit card. 

Nope. The card is dealt by the condition, not by the attack of Greedos ship.

Determination Bossk so is my favourite thing to put Greedo on. On your shot he deals an extra card if there's a crit (use guidance chips) and on the return fire he has a 1 in 4 chance of discarding the damage.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greedo with Determination seems like a safer bet, but if you wanted crits just go for Calculation, Marksmanship, Mangler etc.

as noted above Greedo does work well with Boba crew but most folks pack the party bus with others.

all the aggressive pick-a-crit abilities went to the Imps while leebo, Chewie locked down the anti-crit position for Rebels.  Scum got stuck with Double-Edge all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrimmyV said:

Greedo with Determination seems like a safer bet, but if you wanted crits just go for Calculation, Marksmanship, Mangler etc.

as noted above Greedo does work well with Boba crew but most folks pack the party bus with others.

all the aggressive pick-a-crit abilities went to the Imps while leebo, Chewie locked down the anti-crit position for Rebels.  Scum got stuck with Double-Edge all day.

You get the crits from guidance chips with scav crane. And k4 and Dengar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

I just looked at Greedo’s picture- like really looked at it- for the first time. What the Sith is he doing lying on the floor? And what is he shooting at?? :blink:

Hey, he’s using cover, I think.  And if he’s on the floor I guess he is shooting at...people standing up?

now that picture is inspiring a story that needs to be told!  Just like Gold Squadron Pilot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite Greedo user is actually a Scurrg with TLT. It has more shields to punch through than a HWK, meaning you have more time to spread your sweet, sweet Greedo'd TLT faceup damage all over the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always felt he was one of the best possible examples of a 0-cost card from the time before they started pricing cards at zero, even better than Chopper which they actually released as said; he's a very specific benefit in return for a non-trivial downside.

That said, that harpoon missile trick is horrifying, so maybe it's not the case any more. Then again, maybe that is more a problem with Harpoons than Greedo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Reiver said:

That said, that harpoon missile trick is horrifying, so maybe it's not the case any more. Then again, maybe that is more a problem with Harpoons than Greedo.

It’s more a problem with the timing chart.  It makes the damage card from the Harpoon condition something thst happens during an attack.  But then if it went the other way then jostero would get attack’s from poon splash damage.  

Oh, so I guess it’s the Harpoons after all.  Sorry timing chart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

It’s more a problem with the timing chart.  It makes the damage card from the Harpoon condition something thst happens during an attack.  But then if it went the other way then jostero would get attack’s from poon splash damage.  

Oh, so I guess it’s the Harpoons after all.  Sorry timing chart.

Jostero already gets attacks on splash damage. They're not the target of the attack.

And the Greedo poon thing doesn't work, the condition is dealing the card, not his ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×