Sorastro

Sorastro's Painting

2 hours ago, CaptMook said:

Awesome! I especially love your security droids. I had been planning on doing mine like that and I'm glad someone else appreciates them! 

I can't tell from the video, but does the droid body look fine if you don't add the backpack? I want to nail the security droid look, but not if it reveals an unfinished back on the droid. 

Thanks!  From what I remember I think they actually look OK without the backpack - although I haven't compared how they look with the on-screen counterparts or anything.. :)

18 hours ago, Sorastro said:

Thanks!  From what I remember I think they actually look OK without the backpack - although I haven't compared how they look with the on-screen counterparts or anything.. :)

Thanks for the response! I can't wait to use your guide to paint up my droids! Is your next video going to cover the Clone Wars core set too?

6 hours ago, CaptMook said:

Thanks for the response! I can't wait to use your guide to paint up my droids! Is your next video going to cover the Clone Wars core set too?

No problem!  Yes, my next few Legion videos will be for the Clone Wars Core Set 😀

6 hours ago, Sorastro said:

No problem!  Yes, my next few Legion videos will be for the Clone Wars Core Set 😀

Any teaser yet on what you have planned for after this wave of clones and droids?

11 hours ago, Sorastro said:

Hi Aniron!  I've no idea myself yet :)

Maybe an alien smörgåsbord once the rebel trooper upgrade expansion hits, perhaps supplemented with select aliens from the units you won't be doing full videos of?

I started reading the Shoretrooper pdf...I immediately read all the text in Sorastro's voice, I couldn't help it.

I am looking forward to seeing if you have any tips for adding markings to Clone troopers to make the squads stand out a bit.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, Sorastro said:

Hi! I've published a quick Shoretrooper guide which you can grab here. I hope you find it useful! 😀

Very helpful ... though not having Vallejo Buff as a base -- is the closer Citadel color Wraithbone, Ushabti Bone, Zandri Dust, or Steel Legion Drab, do you think? I do have Skeleton Horde to use as a wash. I'd originally thought either Ushabti or Zandri base, Agrax wash, and Ushabti highlight; or perhaps just Skeleton Horde over white primer.

Admittedly I have no rush for this ... I made the mistake of ordering my Shoretroopers and Dewbacks together, expecting them to arrive together, and now my Shoretroopers are held up awaiting my Dewbacks! :(

9 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Very helpful ... though not having Vallejo Buff as a base -- is the closer Citadel color Wraithbone, Ushabti Bone, Zandri Dust, or Steel Legion Drab, do you think? I do have Skeleton Horde to use as a wash. I'd originally thought either Ushabti or Zandri base, Agrax wash, and Ushabti highlight; or perhaps just Skeleton Horde over white primer.

Admittedly I have no rush for this ... I made the mistake of ordering my Shoretroopers and Dewbacks together, expecting them to arrive together, and now my Shoretroopers are held up awaiting my Dewbacks! :(

Hi! If you mix Zandri Dust with white you'll get a close match to Vallejo's Buff :)

14 hours ago, Atromix said:

@Sorastro your B1 tutorial was fantastic! Just wondering if you are planning on doing something different for the Clone troopers or is your Stormtrooper vid close enough to just use that?

Thanks mate!  For the Clone Troopers I will certainly be experimenting with some alternative approaches (and possibly exploring a Contrast Colours-based approach).  :)