NeonWolf

NeonWolf's Rebel Scum

Obligatory record of my painted minis. Like many wargamers, I have a huge collection of unpainted miniatures, I'm trying to make Legion different by actually painting everything.

Here are some pics of Luke, they aren't the best but I tried something I haven't seen anyone else mention with his lightsaber.  I used the GW gemstone paints, which fortunately come in blue, green, and red.  I like the way it turned out personally.  I'll try and add some more/better pics after I get the matte varnish on him later today, hopefully.

DGwAntu.jpgh1Agnv5.jpg

5mAEcAI.jpgOjHaeZi.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dash Two said:

I like the nostalgic, Kenner action figure feel to Luke.  Big fan.  

Lol, thanks.  I was surprised at how easily he painted up, really. 

Primed him (and the rest of the minis) with Army Painter Skeleton Bone, put down the basing material.

Painted the boots/base with AP Desert Yellow, touched up the larger rocks with more Skeleton Bone, then hit the whole thing with an AP Strong Tone wash.  After that it was a drybrush with Skeleton Bone again. 

The skin is AP Barbarian Flesh, Flesh Wash, light drybrush of AP Kobold Skin.

The belt is AP Chaotic Red with a Strong Tone wash and then some AP Gunmetal highlights for the snaps/latches.

The bottom of the saber hilt and the pistol are a 1:1 mix of AP Gunmetal and AP Matte Black with a AP Dark Tone wash over them.

The hair was a thin layer of AP Basilisk Brown.  Interestingly, I didn't use a wash here.  The Basilisk was thin enough that the Skeleton Bone primer showed through on the raised areas and supplied the highlights.

The saber...really like the way this turned out and I'm trying to convince a friend to let me try this method on his Vader.  Base coat of AP Shining Silver then a thick layer of the GW Technical Soulstone Blue.  This was a bit tricky, had to keep flipping the mini over so while the blue dried to keep it from settling at the hilt or on one side.  Only took a few minutes really.

Only things left to do are a coat of AP Matte Varnish and then stick some AP Wasteland Tufts on the base.

Finally had a chance to get some pics of the finished Luke.  The effect on the saber looks a bit better in person than the pics, due to the lighting I'm assuming.  The image when he is facing away from the camera probably shows the best example of real world effect.  I really like how it turned out after the matte varnish over the gemstone paint.

CditX4Z.jpgtwT2FA6.jpgPh6bRR3.jpgIRq0rx5.jpghQCI8M7.jpg

14 minutes ago, Lukez said:

What colour(s) did you use for the speeder?

For the speeder itself I primed it Army Painter(AP) Skeleton Bone then use AP Strong Tone wash over the whole thing.  After that I did a pretty thorough drybrush with AP Skeleton Bone again.

For the base, also primed with AP Skeleton Bone.  Painted AP Desert Yellow on most of it and touched up the Skeleton Bone on the larger rocks.  All over wash with AP Strong Tone then drybrush with Skeleton Bone.

@Cornwolf No progress on the speeder, mostly because I'm not sure which colors I want to use as the main accent color yet.  Instead, I painted up one of my 3 AT-RTs to see how I wanted to proceed, so here are some WIP pics of that.  :)  I still need to finish the base on this one and give it a coat of varnish.  The rotary blaster is just stuck on with some poster-tack as I am still waiting on some magnets to come in to my FLGS.

VkFUwM2.jpg

CXoS7rh.jpg

G1NkcO6.jpg

CVLteJQ.jpg

And here is a quick snapshot of the "legion" getting ready to be batch painted that.  I barely had enough Desert Yellow to finish the basecoat on all of the bases for these guys.  I think I've had that bottle for 6-7 years...

PJjNRb4.jpg