Jukey

Jukey’s Junkyard

Starting my legion painting thread. I’m still fairly new to painting, did a few Armada ships and dove headlong into Runewars ever since it released, so I’ve been actively painting a little over a year.

I’m using legion to hone my airbrushing, so I’ve started with just base coating and minimal color work on my imperials with an airbrush.

Here they are so far. I’ll be switching over to brush work now to add silver and red accents.

Fum63B5.jpg

6 hours ago, Jukey said:

Starting my legion painting thread. I’m still fairly new to painting, did a few Armada ships and dove headlong into Runewars ever since it released, so I’ve been actively painting a little over a year.

I’m using legion to hone my airbrushing, so I’ve started with just base coating and minimal color work on my imperials with an airbrush.

Here they are so far. I’ll be switching over to brush work now to add silver and red accents.

Fum63B5.jpg

You've got some Storm Commandos on your speeder bikes there...

latest?cb=20131222143658

58 minutes ago, Jabby said:

What colours?

Createx-pearl black, Army painter-Pure red, Army painter-plate mail metal, Citadel-Agrax earthshade gloss.

Edited by Jukey

If krennics death troopers show up in the game, they’ll just be black and silver, no red....or maybe all red, but then I’ll have trouble when snoakes royal guard come out lol.

5 hours ago, Jukey said:

If krennics death troopers show up in the game, they’ll just be black and silver, no red....or maybe all red, but then I’ll have trouble when snoakes royal guard come out lol.

Oh actually what if you did like reverse colors? With the red as the main and black as the secondary?

34 minutes ago, Jukey said:

Doing my friends troopers for him with a really dirty look (which is good because black on white does not forgive errors!). Eventually I’ll get his and mine done...

fvyOBHq.jpg

I love this.

Yeah, I’ve painted the Imperial Assault core set (9 stormtroopers) and now I’m working on this and I can tell you that the stormtroopers always kill me.  Every miniature I’ve painted that’s not a stormtrooper at the end I say “yeah!  That’s not perfect but I like it!”  The Stormtroopers it’s like “... damnit.”  I don’t have a single one I’m really happy with.

31 minutes ago, mr_mithrandir said:

Great tie fighter. What did you do to create the damaged parts? Bend, break, melt?

I took a pliers and wire clippers and a hack-saw to it. The bases are hot glue

2 hours ago, Shadows of the Future said:

I would suggest putting paint over the sand for the terrain pieces, it makes it look better on the tabletop, and makes it less likely to shed or sandpaper your minis if you bump them around a bit on the table.

Just primed it last night, it’ll match my troopers terrain. 

On 4/4/2018 at 12:04 PM, Jukey said:

I got inspired by the crashed tie fighters, so I got one for myself. It still needs painting, but here’s the model before and after.

GPmF1VT.jpg5gKoYVm.jpg50k8rfg.jpgaETjec9.jpgQyX5mys.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pictures, light sucks in my house.

now back to painting shadow troopers.

Wow! Nicely done! What did you use to tear that TIE apart like this?